Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Endorph posted:

kewpuh fears mods

zooloo keeps me from having to ever read a single post in the dota thread so this my way of thanking him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

i have to imagine smash bros would be funnier because something about that game makes it nearly impossible to have a sane conversation about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kewpuh fears mods

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
also better ideas for ransom besides a post count would be cool too like maybe some kind of idiotic game challenge or some other poo poo i dunno

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

zen death robot posted:

DA:I thread would be better right around the time it gets released, let's not do that yet

I know in my heart that you're right but it's hard to delay gratification like that

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
wtf happened in the marvel heroes thread

did iron man get nerfed or something

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

dota 2 thread is tricky because zooloo posts a lot in it and i dont really want to gently caress with that. currently imo the opportunity is there to get the most potential out of smash bros thread unless anyone has more ideas. theres obviously no rush so you guys can talk about it some more for another day or something

We've got the cure for the Samus discussion adn it is more Samus pictures. The thread two days agow as just a test run.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

zen death robot posted:

Jesus do you have some kind of bot searching for keywords?

wait search works now?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Kewpuh posted:

also better ideas for ransom besides a post count would be cool too like maybe some kind of idiotic game challenge or some other poo poo i dunno

Force the DA:I people to beat Baldur's Gate 1 on max diff

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Oh Mechwarrior Online has a thread again. Maybe you could nip that in the bud and save goons from playing that game.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Just bring up Zero Suit Samus and they won't be able to resist an internet fight about video game feminism. Probably gonna be boring though

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The DOTA2 thread OP will probably cry to an admin about it like he did when I probated him last time

Hit him again then.

Dec 26, 2012

the more relaxed games rules make it less of a possibility that this would be exceptionally shocking to any thread, honestly. its a good thing in general but not really for thread rentals

maybe make a deal with one of the other games subforum mods to shoot a particularly awful thread our way

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Kewpuh posted:

I dare you to close your eyes and point at the first page of games and move that thread here.,

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i'd say the smash bros. thread. they're buying each other avs over samus in shorts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

i'd say the smash bros. thread. they're buying each other avs over samus in shorts.
one person and people have basically moved on as of right now. and it was basically only one or two people whining about the shorts anyway, most of the bad posts were people whining about the possibility of people whining about the shorts.

if it happens again then go for it but right now would basically be dragging the joke out

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Smash thread kinda halted in its tracks and started shooting the poo poo

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Make 5 regular posters do their best smash bros cosplay to get the thread back. Winner (voted by imps) gets like a forums cert or something

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Endorph posted:

one person and people have basically moved on as of right now. and it was basically only one or two people whining about the shorts anyway, most of the bad posts were people whining about the possibility of people whining about the shorts.

if it happens again then go for it but right now would basically be dragging the joke out

ah well. good for them.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also better idea, just hijack the following threads out of games.

Smash bros
The most active thread in games
All LoL and Dota threads merged into one megatheead prior to being moved here.

God bless.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

can we ask Young Homer/207-563-5532 to bring the giantbomb thread here because jesus christ

or

Pewdiepie posted:

Move the largest, most active thread.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The smash bros thread is currently on pins and needles over a slightly credible leak with Duck Hunt Dog, and while I feel several posters are close to meltdowns I admit its not as purely stupid as star citizen is. There's no real goal with kidnapping the smash bros thread other than just giving it a yoshi's island background. However I don't think there will be another star citizen thread, so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bef posted:

The Smash thread kinda halted in its tracks and started shooting the poo poo
yeah it basically moved itself to imp zone. you all went 'woah that guy mabel quoted deserves to get owned!!' but everyone gave him poo poo already

the stuff about the leak has chilled out too

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The Starbound thread could probably be a good rental.

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

can we ask Young Homer/207-563-5532 to bring the giantbomb thread here because jesus christ

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't give a poo poo about giant bomb, I'm guessing the thread is just everyone going :allears: over every little thing they make?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I'm ok with this if Zoq is, and if they want to be rid of that thread

he probably hates that loving thread as much as me

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
what's the deal with the giantbomb thread?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Falsum posted:

The Starbound thread could probably be a good rental.

Couldn't possibly be more boring than playing it.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I didn't expect to have to study for this. I gotta cram

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

what's the deal with the giantbomb thread?

i dont know but its the one thread that ive never heard a single good thing about

even gamers.txt looks down on it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Give us the entire LP subforum

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
giant bomb thread is them jerking off to a bunch of fat white guys and getting super mad if you point out one of them is a rapist

it's banned from games because of mass reports and how creepy it is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait what the gently caress one of the giant bomb dudes is a rapist?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Liquid Penguins posted:

giant bomb thread is them jerking off to a bunch of fat white guys and getting super mad if you point out one of them is a rapist

wat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Liquid Penguins posted:

dont you post there a lot

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
max temkin, who owns the chicago office raped a woman in 2008. patrick klepek records a podcast with him every week

don't mention this to any of them or they'll internet detective you

Dec 26, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Give us the entire LP subforum

a particularly awful lp thread could be fun

Liquid Penguins posted:

which one

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Liquid Penguins posted:

ohwow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

give us the thread where that one guy was making really huge posts about naruto

• Locked thread