Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

koolkal posted:

isnt the giantbomb thread just a thread talking about watching a bunch of people on the internet playing video games that theyre not very good at?

like its fun watching people that are amazing beating a game like mgrr but why would i want to watch some fat guy sucking at mario kart 8 or whatever goes on at that website
because they make Cool Jokes while doing it

my favorite giantbomb moment is them getting really mad about the hatsune miku game and assuming it was some weird fetish thing instead of just a rhythm game with an anime mascot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

because they make Cool Jokes while doing it

my favorite giantbomb moment is them getting really mad about the hatsune miku game and assuming it was some weird fetish thing instead of just a rhythm game with an anime mascot
and before anyone says anything, they loved persona 4

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

and before anyone says anything, they loved persona 4

PHew. Crisis adverted. Am I right, fellas?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Senran Kagura. poo poo's weird and isn't Games imo

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

koolkal posted:

isnt the giantbomb thread just a thread talking about watching a bunch of people on the internet playing video games that theyre not very good at?

like its fun watching people that are amazing beating a game like mgrr but why would i want to watch some fat guy sucking at mario kart 8 or whatever goes on at that website

Yeah goons are dumb and obsessive go check out the "Internet Critic Discussion Thread" in RGD some time.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Heran Bago posted:

Senran Kagura. poo poo's weird and isn't Games imo

i disagree, that thread is very Games

Soral
May 30, 2009

make the giant bomb thread's new home the imp zone, and then kidnap a different thread

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i disagree, that thread is very Games

its very gas chamber, or it should be

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Gas the Giant Bomb thread then use the reverse gas chamber challenge to bring it here.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Falsum posted:

Gas the Giant Bomb thread then use the reverse gas chamber challenge to bring it here.

legit good idea here

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bring the Steam thread here and cut the wheat from the chaff

Dec 26, 2012

nobody did the ransom on the old steam thread, it shouldnt be a thing anyway

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

01011001 posted:

its very gas chamber, or it should be

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Very bad. Much gas.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A thread that would not only give us fun times to riff on but also good posters who might stay here would be good

Do those exist in Games?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Get this: the LP Sandcastle thread and to get it back they have to LP good games of our choosing

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Widestancer posted:

A thread that would not only give us fun times to riff on but also good posters who might stay here would be good

Do those exist in Games?

Probably not.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Move a drat thread instead of talking about it for 7 pages. Xbox thread would be good.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Move a drat thread instead of talking about it for 7 pages. Xbox thread would be good.

Kewpuh won't do that one. He should just move the Smash Bros thread or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Just move it for a few days. I literally cannot see the big deal.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Widestancer posted:

Do those exist in Games?

I'm afraid it's one or the other.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Find the most unstable LPer and move their LP thread here so we can witness a mental breakdown when we gently caress with their poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

All the possibly good ideas like the xbox thread have been vetoed by Ralp and Kewpuh. Just send over some boring rear end thread that will fall off the front page in half a day and a page of people posting human being and friend of the family in it before the original inhabitants quietly remake it in Games..

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If it's choosing one or the other just move the league of Legends thread

They're talking about sexism and a lack of female monsters in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

female monsters are cool

Dec 26, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Do those exist in Games?

aiming for both is hard, go for one or the other

Widestancer posted:

If it's choosing one or the other just move the league of Legends thread

They're talking about sexism and a lack of female monsters in it

nobody who doesnt already wants to read a moba thread

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

01011001 posted:

aiming for both is hard, go for one or the other

nobody who doesnt already wants to read a moba thread

I think we'd get more mileage out of it than the smash thread

What if we promised not to gas the Xbox thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what if we just don't kidnap a thread

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I change my vote to this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590124&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72

73 pages that are all serious discussion and pathetic injokes about an anime dating sim

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

what if we just don't kidnap a thread

What if you just stopped posting

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

I change my vote to this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590124&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72

73 pages that are all serious discussion and pathetic injokes about an anime dating sim

Holy poo poo

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Kewpuh, please move the Smash Bros thread or hte League of Legends thread, so we don't have to theorycraft about the ideal thread to move for 20 more pages. Also only leave it there for like a day or two.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Kewpuh, please move the Smash Bros thread or hte League of Legends thread, so we don't have to theorycraft about the ideal thread to move for 20 more pages. Also only leave it there for like a day or two.

Gas or close this thread when one gets moved imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Widestancer posted:

What if you just stopped posting
what if you stopped posting

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Endorph posted:

what if you stopped posting

What if we all stopped posting and starting living instead?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

What if we all stopped posting and starting living instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQCx9mxV9g

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Holy poo poo this thread is getting really gay

Just move one of the ones suggested by Zoq and gas this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kidnap this thread to the imp zone

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
If we move the LoL thread I think the ransom should be that the regulars have to play a set number of Dota or Smite games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Falsum posted:

If we move the LoL thread I think the ransom should be that the regulars have to play a set number of Dota or Smite games.

• Locked thread