Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
Hey there everyone, today is Monday and that means that there is a new update to check out!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 009 – "KH BbS FM HD: Braiging Rights"

New Episode
Episode 009 – "KH BbS FM HD: Braiging Rights"

Journal Update

New Characters

Braig

Bet ya can't guess who this guys turns into. Here's a hint. Make an anagram of his name and add an "X".
VA: James Patrick Stuart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

GMArcturus posted:

Bet ya can't guess who this guys turns into. Here's a hint. Make an anagram of his name and add an "X".
VA: James Patrick Stuart

Lasshoxe!

Edit: Also on the light vs darkness thing they do have a character espousing balance who isn't laughably evil - Riku. He has decided to harness both by the end of Chain of Memories.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 31, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone today is Friday and I have a new update for you! Also, tonight I will be streaming Silent Hill over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA at 10pm central time. C'mon on by and check out my first time playing that game.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 010 – "KH BbS FM HD: DEEEEEP SPAAAAAACE!"

New Episode
Episode 010 – "KH BbS FM HD: DEEEEEP SPAAAAAACE!"

Journal Update

New Characters

Dr. Jumba Jukiba

Hey look it's the creator of Experiment 626.
VA: David Ogden Stiers

Grand Councilwoman

This is the woman that originally thought it was best to banish 626 to some random Asteroid.
VA: Zoe Caldwell

Gantu

This guy is the one who attempted to capture 626 after Agent Pleakley (not shown in Kingdom Hearts) and Dr. Jumba both failed.
VA: Kevin Michael Richardson

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd apologize for my participation in future episodes, but I don't.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, I just thought I would stop by to make a small announcement. Normally the commentary for the episodes would be being recording from around 12pm central - 1pm central, but today the recording is being moved to 6:30 pm central. The reason I bring this up is because this gives me an opportunity to do a bonus stream today. The stream will start at 1pm central today instead of 3pm central. Scratch that, the stream will start at 2pm central and will last until 6pm central. This will give us more time to continue through Persona 4 and hopefully make some decent progress. I invite all of you guys to join me and I hope to see everyone there.

Edit: I suppose I should mention where it will be at huh? Look for the stream at https://www.twitch.tv/gmarcturus.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 5, 2015

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

GMArcturus posted:

So I didn't quite make it through Sweet Home last night and Bagels suggested I play through it on my own before I try to stream it again, so that means I need a new game to play. I was thinking of streaming Silent Hill especially since I have never played any of the Silent Hill games. Can anyone give me a recommendation on which one to buy to start off with?
Silent Hill 1 or 2 is your best bet, the first one is on PSX and other than the usual polygonal troubles of that era is pretty solid. Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 is pretty fantastic and is generally considered the high point of the series (I recommend the PS2 original cuz the HD version from more recent consoles has some graphical problems that don't look nice).

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Monday and that means that there is a new update to check out! Also, I would like to point out that today is Labor Day and as such I am doing a Labor Day stream-o-rama and it is probably going on as you read this. It will start at 10am central time and probably go on for nearly all day. The first game we are starting with is Persona 4 so we can somewhat further into that one and get closer to the end. After that, we will see where we go from there.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 011 – "KH BbS FM HD: NERD FIGHT!!!!!!!"

New Episode
Episode 011 – "KH BbS FM HD: NERD FIGHT!!!!!!!"

Journal Update

New Characters

Experiment 221 (Sparky)

So this is Stitch's electrically-charged brother or something.
VA: Frank Welker

Young Hercules

This is the Hercules you basically saw in the animated show on the Disney channel.
VA: Josh Keaton

New Unversed

Buckle Bruiser

This is another unique enemy for Birth by Sleep. He can punch you, throw his shields at you and he is immune to physical attacks from the front.
Drops: Pulsing Crystal 50%, Hungry Crystal 25%, Hi-Potion 25% (Shop Level 5); Pulsing Crystal 90%, Mine Shield 5%, Mine Square 5% (Shop Level 6-8)

Axe Flapper

A bat-like Unversed that attacks mostly with its wings.
Drops: Abounding Crystal 60%, Stun Edge 40% (Shop Level 5-6)

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there peoples, I'm just popping in to see if I can make a request of the thread. I'm hoping that someone in the thread can help me out with a small project for my Youtube channel. The thing is that I would like to have a small (as in 1 minute long at most) trailer for the channel. If someone can help me out by creating one for me then I would be really grateful to them. If you can help me out then I would like you to use footage that I already have on my channel or that I have streamed. Let me know here in the thread if you can help me out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zack is bad.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm afraid I cannot help you with making that video. However, to whoever makes it, please include the "Canary Mary" line in it somewhere.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So I might be a minority but I actually really like the Stitch! movie. It's certainly better than Lilo and Stich 2: Stich has a Glitch, and Lilo Leroy and Stitch. Also the actual show that they made based off that movie is pretty good too for what it is. The various cousins tend to have interesting designs and powers and for a show made to subtly teach children life lessons it's actually got a fairly nice plot and most of the running jokes are pretty well handled.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

So I might be a minority but I actually really like the Stitch! movie. It's certainly better than Lilo and Stich 2: Stich has a Glitch, and Lilo Leroy and Stitch. Also the actual show that they made based off that movie is pretty good too for what it is. The various cousins tend to have interesting designs and powers and for a show made to subtly teach children life lessons it's actually got a fairly nice plot and most of the running jokes are pretty well handled.

No, I'm right there with you on it too. I mean, the Stitch! movie was mainly just set-up for the tv show but I still enjoyed them when I saw em. It wasn't till years later that I saw the others though so that may something to do with them seeming even worse. I'm still surprised that it was 40% movie though.

I had no idea all those other movies got sequels though. I knew about Pocahontas, Lion King, Peter Pan and Aladdin but Little Mermaid and Bambi were a surprise.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So I'm dropping by for two reasons. The first is to drop off this little tidbit of news here http://kh13.com/news/new-leak-shows-kingdom-hearts-29-could-be-an-upcoming-title-for-playstation-3-playstation-4. I think this tidbit does deserve some discussion. Also the second reason I am here is to remind everyone that I am still looking for someone to help me out with that trailer. I suppose I will buy the person their choice of a game on Steam for $10 or less if I can get some help with this. Actually, let's make it a competition and the winner will get the game.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't know how valid this is, but for the sake of argument, I'm guessing that 2.9 is the basic version of KH III. In the past you had the original version and then the Final Mix version; this is to make sure that when you get KH III, it is definitely KH III with all the bells and whistles. Either that or KH DDD HD.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't know how valid this is, but for the sake of argument, I'm guessing that 2.9 is the basic version of KH III. In the past you had the original version and then the Final Mix version; this is to make sure that when you get KH III, it is definitely KH III with all the bells and whistles. Either that or KH DDD HD.
It's more than likely the second of the options you suggested because the linkedin profile actually specifically mentions KH3. If it was just the first option then there wouldn't be a need to list it a second time.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, I'm back with another piece of news that may very well pertain to that rumored Kingdom Hearts 2.9 game. Apparently, Square-Enix has updated their Tokyo Game Show schedule with a new listing that says "secret" from 12:30pm - 1pm TGS local time on September 19th (edit: just did the calculation and the presentation will take place @ 10:30pm on Friday, September 18th in the central time zone here in the U.S.). Now as we all may know, or maybe you don't know, Kingdom Hearts 3 will be getting a fairly sizable presentation at the D23 in Japan in November. This leads me to heavily believer that the secret game they are presenting at TGS is going to be Kingdom Hearts 2.9. In all likelihood we will finally get confirmation of Kingdom Hearts 2.9 at TGS and also hopefully it will contain an HD ReMix of Dream Drop Distance. If it is in fact an HD ReMix of DDD then I will be adding the game back onto the thread because I will finally have a way of recording footage for it.

Also, I have seen thoughts on various forums that 2.9 could possibly be a demo for KH3 or a Ground Zeros type game similar to how Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros came out before Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. I can definitively put those theories to rest because 2.9 will most likely be coming out for the PS3 if that Linkedin profile is to be believed and not even S-E is dumb enough to waste resources on attempting to port the KH3 engine over to the PS3 just for the sake of a demo or a Ground Zeros type game.

On a final note, I would like to remind everyone that the contest is still going on for the channel trailer where the best one wins a free Steam game valued at $10 or under. If you would like to enter the contest let me know and I will give you a link to all of the videos that need to be used.

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 10, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone today is Friday and I have a new update for you! Also, tonight I will be streaming Devil May Cry HD over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA at 10pm central time. C'mon on by and check out why Devils Never Cry.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 012 – "KH BbS FM HD: "The Price of Freedom"

New Episode
Episode 012 – "KH BbS FM HD: "The Price of Freedom"

Journal Update

New Characters

Zack Fair

Well, would you look at that? Seems like this verison of Zack is doing pretty good with no Shinra to screw him over.
VA: Rick Gomez

Captain Dark/Captain Justice

The villainous Captain Dark or "heroic" Captain Justice is basically just Pete trying to win some dumb Disney Town award.
VA: Jim Cummings

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 11, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zack is bad.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I need to apologize for missing the stream on Friday and Saturday (September 11th and 12th). I will be making up for it tomorrow (Sunday, September 13th) with a 3 hour stream. One hour of Persona 4 followed by two hours of Devil May Cry with Super Dante mode. The stream will start at 2pm central, so I hope that I can see everyone there.

Edit: Just thought I would mention that the contest for the trailer for the Youtube channel is still going on. If you want to enter then just PM me and I will get you the details.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Wow, I completely forgot to update the thread today with the new episodes! Sorry about that.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 013 – "KH BbS FM HD: Minigame Hell"

New Episode
Episode 013 – "KH BbS FM HD: Minigame Hell"

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 15, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
You might want to throw some square brackets on that first url tag, duder.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

By the way, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 has now been officially confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CYAoq9D8U

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Larryb posted:

By the way, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 has now been officially confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CYAoq9D8U

Dammit, I was going to announce that in a couple hours, but yeah I am in the process of procuring a bunch of items to sell to my local game store (Vintage Stock, to be exact) in order to procure a PS4. I am really hoping that everything I have to sell will get me relatively close to a PS4. Granted, I will still need to pick up an El Gato HD 60 but I have credit for that at Best Buy. By the way, you may have noticed I did subtly announce it before you LarryB when I changed the games list in the OP.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

GMArcturus posted:

Dammit, I was going to announce that in a couple hours, but yeah I am in the process of procuring a bunch of items to sell to my local game store (Vintage Stock, to be exact) in order to procure a PS4. I am really hoping that everything I have to sell will get me relatively close to a PS4. Granted, I will still need to pick up an El Gato HD 60 but I have credit for that at Best Buy. By the way, you may have noticed I did subtly announce it before you LarryB when I changed the games list in the OP.

Ah so you did, hadn't checked that sorry.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

No worries. I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed that I was finally proven right about DDD HD from way back during this year's E3.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

No worries. I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed that I was finally proven right about DDD HD from way back during this year's E3.

When Nomura said he was disappointed that 3D didn't have a HD remake, being the odd one out, I knew one was coming eventually. It was a matter of when. I felt it would of been after KH III's release, or fairly close to it's release.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nameless Fool posted:

When Nomura said he was disappointed that 3D didn't have a HD remake, being the odd one out, I knew one was coming eventually. It was a matter of when. I felt it would of been after KH III's release, or fairly close to it's release.

I'm curious though whether it'll just be a straight port or if they'll give it the Final Mix treatment and add some new stuff to it.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Well, the going theory is that DDD HD will be simply that, Dream Drop Distance in HD. I don't believe this however because even with BbS 0.2 they could have have put the entire collection on the PS3, but they are putting it on the PS4 instead. This tells me that there will more than likely be some additional content. It just makes sense.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Wild theory, the reason it's on PS4 is because PS4 has a touch pad so that 3D touch screen elements can remain.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone today is Friday and I have a new update for you! Also, tonight I will be Dragonball Xenoverse from my brand new PS4 and Mateo will be joining me over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA at 11pm central time. C'mon on by and check out my first time playing that game.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 014 – "KH BbS FM HD: Eh, It's Captain Hook"

New Episode
Episode 014 – "KH BbS FM HD: Eh, It's Captain Hook"

Journal Update

New Characters

Monstro

Monstro is finally in a Kingdom Hearts game as a character and not just a world. This is why I have included him in the characters section.
VA: N/A

New Unversed

Triple Wrecker

Another one of the few unique Unversed that hasn't had a similar Nobody or Heartless version. It has fire, ice and thunder element attacks it will try to hit you with.
Drops: Wellspring Crystal 90%, Magnega 5%, Collision Magnet 5% (Shop Level 7-8)

Wild Bruiser

This gorilla like Unversed is a mean customer if you don't pay attention. He can and will hit you very hard.
Drops: Pulsing Crystal 90%, Aeroga 5%, Elixir 5% (Shop Level 7-8)

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Final Fantasy X was my requisite "played when I was 14" FF and I like it, damnit. :colbert:

Also from what I've seen 7 is pretty decent as well, for its time.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Monday and that means that there is a new update to check out!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 015 – "KH BbS FM HD: Beating Up The Green Pansy"

New Episode
Episode 015 – "KH BbS FM HD: Beating Up The Green Pansy"

Journal Update

New Characters

Slightly

The fox themed kid from Peter Pan's Lost Boys.
VA: Mason Vale Cotton

Cubby

This chubby little kid is the bear themed member of the Lost Boys.
VA: Wally Wingert

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone today is Friday and I have a new update for you! Also, tonight I will be streaming a Pokemon Nuzlocke run over at https://www.hitbox.tv/GrandmasterArcturusSA at 9pm central time.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 016 – "KH BbS FM HD: Sith Vs Jedi Fight"

New Episode
Episode 016 – "KH BbS FM HD: Sith Vs Jedi Fight"

Journal Update

New Unversed

Iron Imprisoner III

Iron Imprisoner III is very similar to his siblings except he now has a hammer now that his hands are free and spins around like a whirling dervish to smack you around.
Drops: N/A

Iron Imprisoner IV

This is the final form of the Iron Imprisoner and even now he is getting new attacks. He now has Explosion where he will suck you in and self destruct and Possession where he "possesses" the arena and starts flinging the symbols that surround it at you.
Drops: N/A

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 25, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Some say you shouldn't do commentary with a lovely mic, spotty internet connection and a half pint of whisky in you. But some men are simply born greater than others. :agesilaus:

I regret nothing. See if you can spot the exact moment the drinks start to hit.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 26, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 017 – "KH BbS FM HD: Finishing the Remaining Sidequests"

Journal Update

New Unversed

Flamebox

An annoying enemy that constantly shoots meteors. The objective of its Unversed mission is to hit 30 meteor before they hit the ground. Use of Magnera or Magnega is highly recommended.
Drops: Firaga (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Lone Runner

This boot unversed is very easy to kill and not at all a threat. The objective of its Unversed mission is to kill 30 of them before time runs out.
Drops: Illusion-L Friendship Command (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Vitality Vial

This little Unversed will poison and attack attack you. The objective of its Unversed mission is to survive for at least 2 minutes while being poisoned in a way that can't be cured. Use of multiple Curas or Curagas in your command deck is highly recommended.
Drops: Illusion-V Friendship Command (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Belly Balloon

This hops and bops around to attack you. The objective of its Unversed mission is to defeat it by knocking the air out it within 30 seconds. You can only knock air out of it by hitting it from behind.
Drops: Illusion-B Friendship Command (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Gluttonous Goo

This guy will just smack you around for damage as well preventing you from completing the mission. The objective of its Unversed mission is to hit the Gluttonous Goo with enough damage to knock balls out of it and capture at least 90 of those balls and hold on to them until time runs out.
Drops: Stun Block For Terra/Ven or Stop Barrier For Aqua (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Element Cluster

This totem pole Unversed will spit elemental attacks at you depending on which depend on which head is in the middle. The objective of its Unversed mission is to gain at least 75 points in 2 minutes by hitting the cluster with an attack of the same element that is represented by the currently middle head.
Drops: Voltage Stack Friendship Command (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Floating Flora

This weed-like Unversed is doesn't actually attack you at all during the mission. The objective of its Unversed mission is to gain at least 350 points by smacking it around. Be aware, that you can gain points by hitting it when it is in the air and it takes one normal combo to knock it into the air when it is planted.
Drops: Illusion-L Friendship Command (For 3-Starring The Mission)

Also, from this update forward Scarybagels will be providing us with animation history tidbits every now and then. These will be based on the various Disney worlds we visit or have visited.
Cinderella

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 5, 2015

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Friday and that means we have a new episode of Birth by Sleep to watch. Also, I will be continuing my Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge attempt tonight after I get home from work. This should be between 8pm and 9pm cst and will be over on my Hitbox channel. I will post here and in the stream thread when it is about to begin.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 018 – "KH BbS FM HD: Terranort"

New Episode
Episode 018 – "KH BbS FM HD: Terranort"

Terra's Complete Sticker Page

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone today is Monday and I have a new update for you!

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 019 – "KH BbS FM HD: The Kid That Looked Like Roxas"

New Episode
Episode 019 – "KH BbS FM HD: The Kid That Looked Like Roxas"

Journal Update

New Characters

Doc

The medically-inclined dwarf of the seven dwarves that sometimes fumbles over his words.
VA: David Ogden Stiers

Grumpy

The angry one of the seven dwarves that is incredibly pessimistic.
VA: Corey Burton

Happy

As his name implies his personality is the direct opposite of Grumpy and he is a bit bigger than Doc.
VA: James Arnold Taylor

Sleepy

Surely, you can guess what his defining character trait is. This also contributed to his character design.
VA: Bill Farmer

Bashful

This one is super shy and is quite often seen blushing.
VA: Jeff Bennett

Sneezy

I'm sure you will be able to identify this one quite easily.
VA: Bob Joles

Dopey

Per the storyline of Snow White, this guy is recognizable by being completely mute and rather clumsy.
VA: N/A

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

GMArcturus posted:

Terra's Complete Sticker Page

I've never played BbS. I'm currently in the KH2 LP (this is a neat LP and thanks for doing it Arcturus). I'm just staring at that screenshot. Because what the gently caress is this next game.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, today is Friday and that means that there is a new update to check out! Also we've got the continuation of the Pokemon LeafGreen Nuzlocke Challenge and Demon's Souls for tonight's streams. For the Demon's Souls portion of the stream I welcome any and all invasions.

New Episode (Uncut)
Episode 020 – "KH BbS FM HD: Non-Sleeping Beauty"

New Episode
Episode 020 – "KH BbS FM HD: Non-Sleeping Beauty"

Journal Update

New Characters

The Witch

You should know exactly who this is if you have watched Snow White. If you haven't then the voice actress should give you a clue.
VA: Susanne Blakeslee

New Unversed

Mad Treant

The boss for Ven's version of Dwarf Woodlands. It uses poison attacks and likes to stomp around for a physical attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there, thread readers, I just thought I would pop in and let you guys know that there won't be any updates this week because I got sick and I'm trying to take it easy this week. Doctor said it was a throat thing and he wanted me to take it easy so it doesn't develop into anything worse.

• Locked thread