Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm sorry to bring this up last second like this. I made my appointment on Friday and when I checked it against the draft time on the league page, I thought I was in the clear since it still said Mon Sep 1. I have a proxy to act in my stead if it can't be helped but an hour or even a 30 min delay would be a big help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Team Dab Nation ready to dominate.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

There's 4-5 requests for an hour delay, draft is currently pushed back to 5PM PST/8PM EST.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Are we all getting high before the draft?

Dopple Dabbler
Jan 22, 2004
:eng101:
I just want to believe...
In 50 horny little mouths.
I definitely am. If it's at 8pm EST then I will be in outer space by then. Good luck, gentlemen.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
My WR1 is receiving lobs from Eli Manning.

I am so proper hosed.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
FBG is giving me a 36% chance to make the playoffs so you might as well give me the trophy now, suckas

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I get that waiver order is replaced by an auction, but is there no "free" FA period at all?

I'm worried that I'll underbid on a bye week replacement and not have anyone to play that week.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Should have drafted with that in mind, son!

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
yeah zero dollar bids would have helped. this will be interesting though...

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

slagmatic posted:

yeah zero dollar bids would have helped. this will be interesting though...

It's not just zero dollar bids, there should be a free agent period after the the auction clears on whatever day.

What happens when Gost and Vinatieri and Blair Walsh all have byes week 10? Will the losing bidders not be able to start kickers that week? Am I the only one who sees this as an issue?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Oh is there only one waiver transaction a week? I had assumed we had two opportunities per week to grab players. That's how they do it in higher stakes leagues like the FFPC. That would help big time if we could have two bidding periods.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

That would help big time if we could have two bidding periods.

I'm in favor of this.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
This is my first FAAB league. I just assumed it would be like other leagues where after the waiver period all unclaimed players become FAs until their game, then go back on the waiver wire.

I guess that's not the standard for FAAB leagues?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Nope. If you want a player, you have to pay. Usually you have at least two chances to acquire players in a week but it's all done with blind bids.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

it's cool commish, just ignore us and keep asking for help in the fantasy thread, dont mind us

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Losing Week 1 by 3 points hurts. Romo killed me this week..

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

it's cool commish, just ignore us and keep asking for help in the fantasy thread, dont mind us

What are you bitches whining about?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I added waivers to go through Saturday and Sunday at noon EST. So it should be Thurs, Sat and Sun right before game time now.

edit: What I don't really like is how someone ninja FA grabbed Forsett like Saturday or Sunday morning before games started in one of my leagues. Would a Tuesday/Thursday waiver process reduce the chances of Fri-Sun news letting you do something like this?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 9, 2014

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
This isn't a league I'm in and I wandered in by mistake, but being fast on the trigger to new news is as integral a part of fantasy football as anything else. Sniping a great free agent pickup is one of the coolest things in fantasy and I don't know why people get mad about it

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Why'd I lose when I tied?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

5436 posted:

Why'd I lose when I tied?

Matchup tie breaker is most bench points.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'm thinking of putting waivers to twice a week. Tuesday to put in your "prior week development" picks and Saturday to give you time to pick up your streaming players and put them in your lineup. I'd like to avoid sniping as much as possible, I feel it detracts from the auction process and benefits those who compulsively are on this poo poo, which isn't fair to those of us with lives.

However, not having one on Sunday could screw someone who needs to make a last minute switch....

Thoughts? Leave it Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday?

Maybe Wednesday instead of Tuesday to give everyone a chance to process and read waiver pickup articles?

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Sep 10, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Tues/Thurs or Wed/Thurs because there is football on Thursday.

GlobalHero06
Jan 31, 2006
not a local hero
Tues is too early IMO make it Wed.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Wednesday and Friday/Saturday would be best, I think. Having two waiver periods before Thursday games isn't necessary. We should have the second one after Friday practices/injury reports are out.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 10, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

It's Thursday and Saturday this week, I'll change it to Wednesday and Saturday next week.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I changed the scoring to show up in decimals because I think it's more fair and I like it more.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Some league commentary:

Week 1 is in the books, gentlemen and probably not any ladies.

Me vs. Bortles 138.6 to 127.5 I came into my game as a 20 point favorite and eked out a small win. Notable performances by Andrew Luck (30.7), Matt Forte (24.9) and Le'Veon Bell (31.7) kept me afloat, while flops from Crabtree, Witten and Jackson hurt. For Bortles, Tom Brady put up a disappointing game and losing Ben Tate deals a second blow to his RB's after the recent issues in the Ram's backfield with Stacy. The Texans D/ST put up 20 on the back of a mutant.

Pineapple vs. Dab Nation 110.5 to 108.8 These guys came into the match pretty evenly witted, and Pineapple won in a photo finish. Pineapple was the beneficiary of breakout performances by Greg Olsen (22.3) and Darren Sproles (18.5), though Aaron Rodgers (11.6), Doug Martin (2.6) and Victor Cruz (4.4) were underwhelming. It remains to be seen how Martin's injury will affect him going forward, and the Giants continue to flounder. Dab had a strong game by Peyton (28.5), his receivers and K/DST, but his TE and RB issues proved to be too large.

Weeden vs. Plaxcidental 163.2 to 154.4 The heart breaker of the week. Plax scored the 3rd most in the league to lose to the #1 scorer this week, Weeden. Weeden came in as a 15 point underdog, but massive performances from the Lions stack, with Stafford (34) and Calvin Johnson (35.4), prevailed. Plax had a very respectable week, with AJ Green (25.6), Rashad (19.6), Wallace (19.1) and flex play Kelvin Benjamin (21.2 WITHOUT Cam) all putting up great games.

Smoot vs. Brandon 118 to 159.9 Showing why ESPN projections are worthless, Smoot entered as a 30 point favorite only to suffer the biggest loss of the week, losing by 41.9 points. Ingram proved to be a great play with 19.1 points. However, Dez took an early hit and the Niners D proves to be resilient in the face of their players being crazy, and Vincent Jackson, Justin Hunter and Fred Jackson all produced 10 points or less. Additionally, the Rams provided zero points after a whooping by C. Patterson. Brandon had a great week, with Matt Ryan putting up a career game (37.4), and Murray, Ball, R. White, and A. Johnson all putting up 15-20 points. What helped Brandon shine though, was the outstanding performance of Golden Tate (15.7) and Chris Johnson of all people (20.1). Keep an eye out for them this season.

Finkle vs. Tootski 140.8 to 112.1 Finkle entered as a 10 point favorite and won easily. Notable performances included C. Patterson (21.8) and the resurrection of Anquan Boldin, who scored 17.9. Flex play Terrance Williams also put up a commendable 15 points. Tootski started Cam, who did not play. For the future, please try your best to ensure you start players who are playing. Lynch put up a sensational game and Vernon Davis looked great as well.

josh gordon vs. LaGarrete's Blunt 140.5 to 136.4 In perhaps the second best game of the week, Free Josh Gordon walked away with a close one. The Niners D put up 17 points, Zach Ertz put up 16.7 and solid 15+ performances from Maclin, Wright, Brown, Spiller and Brees all elevated Gordon in the end. Blunt saw a massive game from J. Thomas (35.4), but mediocre performance from Arian Foster, Reggie Bush, TY Hilton and Tavon Austin all contributed to the close loss.

I setup trophies for fun that are assigned to the biggest loser, winner etc. I changed the scoring to be in decimals. Waivers will be Wednesday and Saturday starting next week.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

One last thing. Average points scored this week were 134.2. The average winner scored 142.3 points, while the average loser scored 126.2 points. The average margin of victory was 16.1 points.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

Finkle vs. Tootski 140.8 to 112.1 Finkle entered as a 10 point favorite and won easily. Notable performances included C. Patterson (21.8) and the resurrection of Anquan Boldin, who scored 17.9. Flex play Terrance Williams also put up a commendable 15 points. Tootski started Cam, who did not play. For the future, please try your best to ensure you start players who are playing. Lynch put up a sensational game and Vernon Davis looked great as well.

I setup trophies for fun that are assigned to the biggest loser, winner etc. I changed the scoring to be in decimals. Waivers will be Wednesday and Saturday starting next week.

Tevs

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Its Miller Time posted:

Some league commentary:

This is awesome and appreciated and I am counting my lucky stars for that win against Dab.

I fully expect to be spanked in week 2.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
Just to be clear, there is no free agent period, and no zero dollar bids, so once you're out of fake cash your team is set in stone. Or am I missing something?

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

slagmatic posted:

Just to be clear, there is no free agent period, and no zero dollar bids, so once you're out of fake cash your team is set in stone. Or am I missing something?

Ya. You gotta budget for enough $1's later in the season just like in an auction. You can spend 100% of your cash but then you're right, you can't pick up a single player. I think this is preferable to $0 being the minimum bid.

Normally it's like 10-15% for the guy of the week, up to 30% for some sensational future fantasy 1st rounder or so. I've gotten Orange Julius for $5 and lost out on some now forgettable flash in the pan for $45.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 11, 2014

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I just saw this rule in the main fantasy football thread and liked it

All trades should go through the commish, who can randomly pick 2 people to weigh in and talk to the two owners in the trade.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I finally settled on a team name, Watt's Riots. I dunno if JJ has been arrested but being from LA I find it witty.

List of everyone:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

WATT trades Le'Veon Bell, Pit RB to PNPL
PNPL trades Victor Cruz, NYG WR to WATT
PNPL trades Danny Woodhead, SD RB to WATT

:f5:

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

PNPL trades Doug Martin, TB RB to WATT

I'm going to keep posting these offers until they stop becoming hilariously insulting. Bell would go in the first round of a redraft right now, he's a top 5 RB, while Martin hasn't put up a single point, has a busted knee and is being treated like a RB3. This is a trade someone did in the main thread:

quote:

Here's the offer I'm getting ready to propose:

I get: Martin, M. Wheaton

I give: I. Crowell, S. Watkins

I do have sympathy, it's been a really tough start for RB's. You have

AP embroiled in child abuse
Slow start by JC and loss of good part of Oline
Stacy as a weak RBBC
Lacy with a concussion
Martin with a bum knee and a poo poo team
Ellington with a foot injury
Morris, Gerhart with a poo poo week 1
Tate out week 1 with a knee injury

The only clean well performing RB's are:

Shady
Forte
Lynch
Murray
Foster (kinda, 12 points week 1)
Ball
Gio
Vereen
Bell

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 13, 2014

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Its Miller Time posted:

PNPL trades Doug Martin, TB RB to WATT

I'm going to keep posting these offers until they stop becoming hilariously insulting. Bell would go in the first round of a redraft right now, he's a top 5 RB, while Martin hasn't put up a single point, has a busted knee and is being treated like a RB3.

I didn't mean the Martin trade in seriousness - if you read the message I sent with that trade, I just wanted to start a trade conversation to see what YOU wanted for Bell. So, uh, guess they're insulting if you don't read?

But then Sproles wrapped his dick around your neck and started you like a lawnmower last night so :v:

Amergin fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Me vs. Pineapple 110.9 to 122.5 Pineapple started as a 21 point favorite and went on to win fairly handily. We were tied at 86 before the start of MNF and Luck put up a decent shot, but ultimately Sproles put up a sensational game, with 30.8 points and a career high 152 yards, emerging as a PPR superstar on yet another team. Aaron Rodgers also put up a very strong game, passing for 3 TD's and 346 yards. Rodgers and Sproles compensated for what was otherwise a fairly lackluster day for Pineapple, with all other players scoring less than 15 and 5 scoring 10 or less. On my side, Le'Veon Bell looked like the next coming off the messiah on TNF, putting up some insane runs and looking like a real special talent who has greatly improved from last year. Crabtree put up 21.2 points, I got 15 points from my K and D/ST, but weak games from Floyd (2.9), Forte (8.6), injury plug in Donnie Avery and TE Jason Witten all did me in.

Bortles vs. Weeden 127.2 to 137.4 Bortles entered as a 10 point favorite only to lose by as much over the week. For Weeden, Gio continues to put up a very impressive season, dismissing RBBC and skill concerns that floated around in the preseason and scoring 27.9 this week. Cobb also had a strong week, scoring 2 TD's and getting 5 receptions, with only his 59 yards holding him back from a potential top week score. Solid performance from Stafford (16.4), Megatron (14.3), J. Bell (13.7) and of all people Rueben Randle (13.9) contributed to the win. In what was a surprise to no one Ryan Mathews went down, but astute picks in Gio and Joique leave Weeden with what is still a strong RB core. For Bortles, a very consistent week and scoring explosion from Jimmy Graham (33.8) couldn't tip the scale. Tom Brady looked terrible, missing open receivers and scoring only 12. With no backup on the roster, Bortles might soon be looking for a backup, maybe even Bortles himself. Stacy and Ivory put up surprisingly respectable games with 11 points each, Sanders put up a respectable 18.6 and Harvin put up a decent 10 in what was an upset for Seattle that this reporter was lucky enough to watch live in SD this weekend.

Dab vs. Plaxcidental 124.7 vs 114.7 Dab entered as a 20 point favorite and won by a decent 10 point lead. In a season where QB play has been very schizophrenic so far Peyton has proved a wise investment, putting up 28 points each week. Peyton as well as a surprising massive game from D. Walker (30.2) and very strong and surprising performance by RB's Gore and Ridley helped carry Dab, who saw miserable games from Garcon, D. Jackson and his K/DST, all who scored 3 or less points. Hopefully some of Dab's RB pickups and continued outperformance by Gore/Ridley will keep Dab afloat at RB. For Plax, Jay Cutler showed in the 4th Q what has been missing so far this year, slinging it for a series of TD's to score 33.5 for the week. However, consistent if mediocre performance around the rest of the starting lineup, a goose egg by L. Green and AJ Green leaving early with turf toe all hurt Plax. Hawkins proved to be a smart flex play, scoring 13.

Einhorn vs. Smoot 83.2 to 126.9 Smoot entered as a 25 point favorite and won handily with the biggest margin of victory this week. Einhorn came in as the lowest scorer this week. For Einhorn, decent games by Foles (19.4), Shady (20.2), Rudolph (10.3) and Ellington (11.1) were overshadowed by rather surprising flops from Vereen and T. Smith on national TV. Boykin on the Packers seems to be losing the WR3 role, and Einhorn got a flop from K/DST with 4 points total. For Smoot, his 2 star WR's, Dez and Julio, put up 45 points and acted as the base for a relatively strong week.

Brandon Marshall's TV vs. free josh gordon 121.5 to 115.7 The two teams came in with almost an even line and Brandon won by a small margin. For Brandon, a great K/DST selection gave 36 points, and then the wise pick of D. Murray provided 22.3 points. So far Murray has outscored RB1 selection Montee Ball. Andre Johnson put up 13, but the rest of the skill players put up less than 10 points, or 12 in the case of Ryan, exposing potential vulnerabilities in the upcoming weeks. For gordon, the loss of superstar J. Charles and the emergence of his backup Knile Davis must sting, as did the bad performance of the Titans, who many looked to to have a breakout game. Strong 10-15 point performances by Spiller, Maclin, Ertz and Bennett, all players who were ranked fairly low coming into the season, were not enough to carry the match-up.

Tootski vs. Blunt 178.3 to 140.3 Tootski put up the high score of the week as well as the upset of the week, defeating the #2 scorer for the week. For Tootski, big plays from RB's Lynch (16.3) and Morris (20.5), WR's Nelson (35.9) and Edelman (21) and K/DST (37) all contributed. Blunt also had a very sound week, getting 23 points from Foster and 27.8 points from Marshall. However, Reggie Bush, who has proved to be second fiddle to Bell, as well as the questionable Tavon Austin both hurt the team's score.

Worst in the Week and Worst Loss trophies were not assigned this week, as no game was relatively worse enough than the scores in week 1. The average winning score was 135.2 this week, the average losing score was 115.3 and the average score was 125.3. Average margin of victory was 19.9. We saw the average score go down by 9 as injuries and issues racked the week. Not too much activity on the waiver wire, as most of the best pickups were gone, but I still managed to overpay for a few lovely backup QB's.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread