Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
There's also a chance, albeit small, that some of this stuff was filmed out of order to better fit whatever narrative they wanted to push. Hence how Parker's hair and mustache seems to change more often than it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I was half paying attention so I didn't realize he was the claim owner at first, so I thought the Hoffmans just hired a consultant to come in and tell them not to mine lovely land. That would have been so much funnier.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Philthy posted:

Parker has been annoying, even though I seem to like his team the best overall. "Tony basically gets 20% for doing nothing." - Well, other than he paid money for the land you're digging up. Parker will be buying his own land next season, I think. That'll be interesting.

I also sort of want them to start over with new guys. I want to see them all with one bucket loader and a tiny rear end plot of land and do it all over again. The bigger mines are cool, but it's not as compelling.

I think that might be why I like the Bearing Sea Gold and Under the Ice show more overall, they're all tiny teams, and the bigger ones seem to not offer anything else two people can't do themselves.

I remember when Fred got like 18 ounces of gold in his first week of mining at Porcupine and he was grinning about it. The scale is all blown out now.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Common sense will tell you that. Like Parker's claim that 2000 ounces will give him enough to buy his own claim, completely ignoring everything he has to take out of that 2000 ounces to pay for everything.

• Locked thread