Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

CaptainQuirk posted:

Vernon is in the lead with over 100 ounces? Am I on crazy pills here?

He lucked out earlier with one diver who knew what he was doing .... so he fired him a bit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
With the giant dredge. So Tony got gold mining rights to a RIVER? Does Canada just not give a gently caress about ripping up the ground anywhere? Or is the Klondike such a poo poo hole nobody cares?

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Is there any reliable site to buy a real raw gold nugget? I never buy weird poo poo, but I just want to own a nugget. I googled around but the sites I found seemed a little non-pro.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

NOTICE

Nome Offshore East and West Beach Recreational Mining Areas

The Department of Natural Resources, Division of Mining, Land and Water, hereby gives notice that May 31, 2015 will be the deadline for the division to receive offshore suction dredge applications from miners interested in mining in the Nome offshore east and west beach recreational mining areas during calendar year 2015. This deadline is being implemented as a precautionary measure to mitigate potential safety concerns, prevent overcrowding, and provide for efficient processing of the permits and effective management of the two recreational mining areas.

The DNR has received numerous inquiries about how to obtain a gold claim offshore of Nome, Alaska. These inquires are from viewers of the Discovery Channel’s reality series - ‘Bering Sea Gold’. Many of the viewers who have contacted DNR have indicated they would like to acquire their own gold claim in the Bering Sea so they could mine their claim like the miners in the series. This is not the case (see below).

The DNR had an offshore lease sale at Nome in fall 2011. The Discovery Channel was at the Lease Sale. The DNR will likely not have another lease sale offshore of Nome until these leases expire in 2021. Gold claims cannot be acquired offshore of Nome, only leases in specific areas are ever issued.

Because of the mild interest in gold at Nome the past number of years, the DNR created an offshore recreational mining area (320 acres in size) in 1998 east of Nome. Because of the substantial interest in gold at Nome with the significant recent increase in the price of gold, the DNR created another offshore recreational area (250 acres in size) in 2010 west of Nome.

Regardless of what the Discovery Channel Series may convey, gold claims in the Bering Sea are not available for the public to acquire. The only areas for the public to mine are the above two recreational mining areas. These areas have limitations however, and can only accommodate recreational dredges. If you are interested in these areas, please refer to the links in the right hand column on this page to obtain further information about mining in these recreational areas.

• Locked thread