Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Son of a bitch, I've been playing a hardcore Gyfte run on and off for two weeks and I must have missed something, because I just found out about the blood bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Yeah, it isn't mentioned anywhere obvious, only that one of the skills states that you get two more packs from the Blood Bank (Intimidating Aura).

inactive
Mar 14, 2005

You're so pretty when you're unfaithful to me
Im having loads of fun with this game again. Applied to the clan as "Sir Righteousness"

Taetoe
Aug 26, 2006
Finally back after a bunch of years as "Inactive Ejaculative". Reactivate me, or don't; it's entirely up to you.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

New challenge path kicks rear end. For me, a regular bottle of tequila is size-9 epic, making it a near-perfect nightcap. I've got more than +40 extra rollover adventures from equipment.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Man, Redditors are bad at poetry.

If any of you players of this dead comedy game are funny, or at least know what a rhyme is, go post in the Reddit thread and I'll probably give you some good stuff, cuz like, there are only two or three that are even decent. Oof.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Link the thread, I don't see it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kol/comments/bn7dvr/itom_giveaway_contest/

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I'm back on this bullshit after years away. Applied as Aithon.

kurai
Sep 10, 2001
I've finished grinding all the necessary Fun for the PirateRealm rewards (a terrible slog), so I'm going to try ascending again into this Two Crazy Random Summer path, which seems kind of interesting. Also, a new PVP season has started, which brings us back to the Manual of Numberology again, which will be pretty cool once you grind out the necessary fun.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I dumped a few valuables in the clan stash a while back when I quit again. Dunno if anyone found them, but FYI they might be there.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Well gently caress

https://twitter.com/prettydarke/status/1168997679109722124

Why does everyone end up having a history of shittiness

Why can't there be one cool thing that isn't tainted by the people involved with it

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
https://twitter.com/zapjackson/status/1169048009633460225

I've listened to hundreds of episodes of VGHD and from my outside opinion Zack has been doing a lot of emotional growth even just in the last five years.

But I can understand feeling uncomfortable supporting someone who has done these kind of deeds in the past.

Curious to see if this ever comes up on the podcast.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
everyone is awful

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
gently caress, that's terrible.

Sivart13 posted:

I've listened to hundreds of episodes of VGHD and from my outside opinion Zack has been doing a lot of emotional growth even just in the last five years.

But I can understand feeling uncomfortable supporting someone who has done these kind of deeds in the past.

He was 29 when they started dating, so like 45 now? It's fine and good that people can ""grow"" even though they could be grandparents, but that's not very.. mitigating?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

a 29 year old dating a 19 year old is creepy no matter how you cut it anyway

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I swear I remember Kevin also using that exact phrase some other time, in some other context. Weird. Eerie.

I wish I could say this shocks me more than it does. I've been listening to Zack's podcasts for probably 10 years -- my username comes from one of them -- and even just in the way he presents himself on air, he was definitely a much more aggressive and unpleasant person back then. I was a teenager, and not the nicest person myself, so I didn't think too much of it at the time. Thankfully, I grew out of it before I did anything like that.

He can never undo what he did, and failed to do, but if he's genuinely remorseful, he can still use his position and resources to make the world a better place in other ways. I hope he makes the right choice.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
I've kind of always had the feeling that Jick was something of an rear end in a top hat (never having actually met him), and that was just cemented by the way Mr. Skullhead's departure was handled.

Given that, I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

That being said, I'm glad Jick replied the way he did.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Man now I feel dirty for ever giving them money. I never did like the circlejerky nature of the dev clique but drat, that's way worse than I ever imagined. Some seriously gross poo poo.

Also shout out to whoever doubled the price on Mr. A's in order to speculate on sexual abuse. Keepin' it classy.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

sfwarlock posted:

I've kind of always had the feeling that Jick was something of an rear end in a top hat (never having actually met him), and that was just cemented by the way Mr. Skullhead's departure was handled.

Given that, I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

That being said, I'm glad Jick replied the way he did.

I mean, Mr Skullhead is also a massive creep, let's be real here.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
RIP KoL.
Hope the rapist gets convicted.
Is it me or are conventions and internet meet-ups the worst idea in the world?

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

tripwood posted:

RIP KoL.
Hope the rapist gets convicted.
Is it me or are conventions and internet meet-ups the worst idea in the world?

RIP Radio KoL at least: https://radio-kol.net/wp/station-shutdown/

Unfortunately we are past the statute of limitations.

There was definitely, from what I've heard, a culture of too much alcohol and too much horny and not enough boundaries at the big meetups. I never was at any of them.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

I will say i'm glad that like 90% of the community has come out in support of her.

I can't imagine the game surviving in the long term when giving them cash puts money directly in abusers' pockets. Unless it gets sold (never) it's gonna be known as that game that's run by a rape apologist domestic abuser. There's no way any new players are gonna jump on that bandwagon.

I'm guessing they'll probably just offer a half-assed apology and limp along on the support of the few people who don't care?

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Flunky posted:

I will say i'm glad that like 90% of the community has come out in support of her.

I can't imagine the game surviving in the long term when giving them cash puts money directly in abusers' pockets. Unless it gets sold (never) it's gonna be known as that game that's run by a rape apologist domestic abuser. There's no way any new players are gonna jump on that bandwagon.

I'm guessing they'll probably just offer a half-assed apology and limp along on the support of the few people who don't care?

I doubt most of the playerbase knows, despite certain people's misguided efforts to "get the word out" in chat. Jick is probably laying low in hopes it'll blow over, and unless it hits kotaku or something, it just might.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Sivart13 posted:

Curious to see if this ever comes up on the podcast.

Jim Frogfractions gathered his thoughts today: https://twitter.com/mogwai_poet/status/1171517389835403264

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

sfwarlock posted:

RIP Radio KoL at least: https://radio-kol.net/wp/station-shutdown/

Unfortunately we are past the statute of limitations.

There was definitely, from what I've heard, a culture of too much alcohol and too much horny and not enough boundaries at the big meetups. I never was at any of them.

I was at a few of them back in the day, and you’re not wrong. Being one of many college-age men I was presumably never in anyone’s crosshairs, but I also wasn’t really aware of the danger to others at the time. Privilege at work, I guess.

The weird thing is that Skullhead was the outgoing creeper-seeming one, but from what others have told me he’s an alright guy (unless I’ve missed some posts on the subject).

I played very actively and leaderboarded a few times, but quit around 2012 due to increasing ascension length and IotM power creep. I didn’t think I’d be reading this thread again, but here we are. This news is both surprising and upsetting, and I hope the community holds Jick accountable for what he did.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

welp hearing about this terrible news reminded me of a game I hadnt played in over a decade, I'm laid up this week, and it might not be around for long-

lord knows I've enjoyed several books, movies, and video games made by garbage men and I guess it comes down to not giving their poo poo-for-brains abusive actions the power to ruin a thing that's meaningful for me?

deffo not throwing any money at it, did apply to clan as "Linguini Borden" if anyone's still paying attention to that kind of thing

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Finally got an UR today for the first time since I started playing 12 years ago, a Talisman of Baio, and wouldn't you know, it is still valued less than Mr A's in the mall.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is there anything useful I can do with a pretty old account? Happy to sign it off to a clan member or something. I can post whatever's in it here if you show me how - I recall there was some bum cheeck thing that did that?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something just clicked and I completely forgot about Crimbo this year. Have I even missed anything special? Or is game dead after, yknow.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Oh man, I just remembered I had an account with this. My previous job blocked it, but now that I'm unemployed and have nowhere to go, is this still a thing?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Imasalmon posted:

Oh man, I just remembered I had an account with this. My previous job blocked it, but now that I'm unemployed and have nowhere to go, is this still a thing?

read the post above yours on the page and see for yourself

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you want to play this game and also don't want to play this game the latest challenge path can be done in zero turns with no input from you!

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
I don't ever want to play this game again but - say WHAT?!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

sfwarlock posted:

I don't ever want to play this game again but - say WHAT?!

I was in the same boat but was curious. Astral Gash appears after 3 days regardless of what you do in-run, apparently.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Grapplejack posted:

If you want to play this game and also don't want to play this game the latest challenge path can be done in zero turns with no input from you!

maybe I'll log in again

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Applied to the clan as Zenith Masterson, finally got around to playing West of Loathing and eager to play some of the old game.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Here we go Crimbo

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
Randomly felt like playing again for the first time in a decade, applied as Sarnai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Does anyone ever buy Meat? Anyone interested in some? I kinda wanna do something with all mine. Good Goon deals for anyone who wants to buy. Let me know, here or PM, etc.