Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Username: Jonny Angel
Movie: I Am Legend (2007)
Subtext: Endorsement of BDSM sexuality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hbomberguy posted:

Subtext: the cop and the criminal are the same person

Pre-emptive question: must this theme literally mean that two character in the movie, one a cop and one a criminal, are facets of the same person? Or can it be expanded to be about the thin/non-existent line between the two sides of the law?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Should I watch the first Very Brady movie for context, or

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My BDSM theme got paired with a movie literally called Pain & Gain, poo poo owns. Here's a freebie for Randall: Michael Bay's prior movie to Pain & Gain, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, literally ends with an endorsement of BDSM sexuality as an alternative to toxic masculinity. Incorporate that or don't.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

axleblaze posted:

The Raid one also seems particularly hard because I don't think there's one whole woman in that movie.

There are two. Now, the extent to which they qualify as characters is debatable, since if I recall they have like four lines between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

TrixRabbi posted:

I refuse to rewatch I Am Legend so I'm going to be working off of my memory of it from 2007. I hope that is okay.

This is a shame because the movie straight up owns - just make sure you're watching it with the correct ending!

So as someone who knows jack poo poo about the Brady Bunch, my understanding from a quick Wikipedia search is that I probably don't need to watch any of the original series, but MIGHT want to watch the first movie from '95. My main question here is: to what extent are we allowed / encouraged / discouraged as far as bringing in related films? Or secondary scholarship, I suppose? I feel like Augusto Boal might have something interesting to say about my subtext as it relates to a populist comedy production.

• Locked thread