Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Name precision
Movie Naked Lunch
Subtext All agents defect; all resistors sell out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axleblaze posted:

I posted about it in gen chat, but the reason I submitted those two wacky things (which I thought would get randomized) was that I found on youtube a guy claiming that Gremlins 2 was the Illuminati Jews in Hollywood telling people that they were gonna do 9/11 in 11 year. His entire reasoning behind this was: a) the address of the building the movie was filmed at supposedly had Illuminati significance, b) the building sort of looks like the world trade center, c) there is a sound of an airplane flying by at one point in the movie, d) there's a shot where reported from channel 9 and channel 11 put their mike's next to each other, e) There's a song on the soundtrack called "bombers in the sky" by a group called the Thompsons TWINs and it's right next to the song "New York, New York", F) There are some TWIN actors from Terminator 2 which is apparently also about 9/11 and E) JEWS.

You have to try and be more coherent than that without being anti-Semitic.

I don't know what you're on about, that sounds clear as day to me. :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Fat Lou posted:

Well, I am ending it by midnight CST tonight, but realistically you will have a couple hours after the deadline until I get to a computer, and maybe even the morning if I drink too much since I am going out tonight.

We only have a small handful of entries right now, so people should get working.

Mine is mostly done but I got called two towns away to do a job and I probably won't be home until early morning. I should have it sent off by 9 AM Eastern, if that's OK.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Sent, and posted here for posterity:

quote:

Eleven Angry Apostates; The Moral Certainty of Religious Dogma in the Film "12 Angry Men"

The intractable nature of established church teachings is one of mankind's most unavoidable stumbling blocks in its pursuit of practically applied knowledge. Even when dressed in the guise of a well-meaning and kind authority, the very nature of a belief system that cannot be altered is sinister, as it represents the death of rational discourse.

Fitting, then, that the film 12 Angry Men cloaks its most dangerous idea behind the character that most viewers will sympathize with. Juror 8 (Henry Fonda) is an affable fellow, who begins by preaching a quasi-agnostic humility; before there is any substantial debate as to the guilt of the defendant, Fonda simply insists that a discussion is necessary in order to close the proceedings. In reality, this is a man who is imbued with the baffling ignorance that can only come from someone who has achieved total blind faith.

When the British Empire was at its peak, this was exactly mirrored by the ruling class of such - a class which was unanimously Christian, and which viewed with pity and a false sense of compassion the very existence of other faiths. It is no coincidence that the accused of the film is a Jew; at his core, Fonda's reluctance to condemn the Jew to death is, in fact, the inverse of compassion as it would typically be seen. Rather than allow the boy to be executed and eventually forgotten, Fonda - like the "divine" British Empire - is concerned with bestowing upon him the gift of life, creating a link of responsibility for saving him.

Juror 8, then, becomes Big Brother - a figure which must be evaluated as Orwell's conception of a manipulative God, one who causes a debt to form by a false sense of kindness and justice. Fonda's desire to keep the accused alive has little to do with his innocence or guilt, but rather, the drive to subjugate the boy - again, a Jew - to the mercy of a stately figure of authority. As in Orwell's novel, Fonda is concerned not with eradicating the "other", but with causing him to fall into the most total system of debt imaginable; to literally owe Juror 8 his very existence. As with Winston in 1984, the Jew is to be kept alive as proof that Authority can alter reality itself and place anyone deemed to be lesser firmly in a purgatory of servitude.

Every piece of evidence is summarily brought into question and doubted - not by a man who has any special training or insight, but simply by virtue of a thorough wearing-down of opposition. When Authority has a foregone conclusion, manipulation is more a matter of patience than logic. The heat of the day is used as a mechanism to torture, not the accused killer, but those who would interfere with Authority's plan to subjugate and rule. Not coincidentally, Fonda's Juror 8 is rarely shown to be bothered by the climate. The temperature is a mental construct as much as a physical phenomenon, exactly as used in churches. It promotes a wearing-down of the psyche, a slowness of thought, and an invitation to simply give up in order to escape its torture. Fonda is creating for his fellow men - who must be viewed as competitors, analogous to rival empires - a literal Hell from which he will not allow them to escape until his will is bent to.

That he does this under the guise of salvation is the mark of all who enslave effectively. To once more refer to Orwell, in every sense, "freedom is slavery". The Jew's acquittal dooms him to forever be beholden to his Savior, in thought and in fact. For Juror 8 is none other than Samael, "the blind idiot God".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If the guy who got assigned Naked Lunch didn't do his, I'd love to see someone else take a shot at it.

Also, I think axleblaze got off pretty easy with his combo, but then again, so did I, so I can't really complain.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Woo! I'm just happy to have not come in last. I probably could have been more creative or in-depth, but I had just recently watched 12 Angry Men, coincidentally enough, and wasn't really up for fine-tooth combing through it, so I went with short and to the point. That was fun, now I'm gonna read the other essays. :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Under the Skin really is about cocaine. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Naked Lunch essay is fantastic, and as many times as I've seen that film the essay pointed out things I still hadn't noticed. Great job there.

• Locked thread