Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Contra Calculus posted:

Yeah, that definitely sounds like depression then

Also consider seeing a shrink, because depression can get really serious if you don't try and nip it in the bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Also consider seeing a shrink, because depression can get really serious if you don't try and nip it in the bud.

I just cut my nards off.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
if youre tired of videogames youre tired of life

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Wormskull posted:

I just cut my nards off.

excellent treatment for depression

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Play Recettear, it will get you out of your rut. :)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Depression related resources and discussion belong in Let's Play

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

Play Recettear, it will get you out of your rut. :)

Yeah...and thrown in jail for being a baby fucker.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Hope you can get out of your rut, OP. I've been there and it's no fun. Just remember, like video game console generations, It Gets Better.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

whenever i've been it a rut it was because I thought my real life things werent going all that well and that playing video games was just a distraction

maybe you need to hit the gym, op.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whenever I don't feel like gaming, I just go to a bar and have sex. Try it some time, fags.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

h-having SEX?! :wth:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
drink

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cafes are also a good place to pick up girls for sex.

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa
I haven't played any video games for about a month and intend to prolong this trend for as long as possible, OP.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Here's my routine if I am in a Gaming Rut: I hit the gym, big time. I get really strong and lumpy and then I head off to the bar where I start doing sex moves at the women until one of them gets too horny and has to have my rod. Boom. This is how I got 250 hours in Skyrim.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Here's my routine if I am in a Gaming Rut: I hit the gym, big time. I get really strong and lumpy and then I head off to the bar where I start doing sex moves at the women until one of them gets too horny and has to have my rod. Boom. This is how I got 250 hours in Skyrim.

How do you allocate your stats though?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i kinda got out of my gaming rut and had a good intense 3-4 hour gaming sesh today, but the problem now is i was playing dota2

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Widestancer posted:

Depression related resources and discussion belong in Let's Play

not in my threads they don't

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dongslayer. posted:

i kinda got out of my gaming rut and had a good intense 3-4 hour gaming sesh today, but the problem now is i was playing dota2

Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I never got to play the first metro but I just picked up last light on psn for ten bux. My friend says I should play it in ranger mode but apparently they want five more dollars for a "dlc" that turns features off to make the game harder what's up with that imps

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Benny D posted:

I never got to play the first metro but I just picked up last light on psn for ten bux. My friend says I should play it in ranger mode but apparently they want five more dollars for a "dlc" that turns features off to make the game harder what's up with that imps

i love metro and that sounds really dumb. i got ranger mode for free because i preordered the game and honestly i dont remember my ranger playthrough being that much harder so its w/e

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

mods can we rename this thread to metro 2033 general

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Keep calm and game on. :cool:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
the metro series is good and Last Light has the best stealth system I've seen in like forever which baffles me because it's not even supposed to be a stealth game.

Dec 26, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

the metro series is good and Last Light has the best stealth system I've seen in like forever which baffles me because it's not even supposed to be a stealth game.

i havent played last light, how is the stealth system good

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
metro was a let down. traversing the surface felt real tedious, and stalker achieves the same atmosphere without managing to be a hallway simulator the whole time.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

01011001 posted:

i havent played last light, how is the stealth system good

the biggest thing was that it actually alerted you to how visible you were to enemies and gave clear indication when you were in the open. i think splinter cell chaos theory was the last game that did that right in like 2005. maybe the batman games did it good too? idk.

Dongslayer. posted:

metro was a let down. traversing the surface felt real tedious, and stalker achieves the same atmosphere without managing to be a hallway simulator the whole time.

eh I kind of felt like going through the surface was intended to be frustrating to add to the atmosphere and i thought it worked imo. don't know if you played the second game, but it's definitely less-tedious there.

as for the last part, it's probably better if you go in less expecting stalker and more expecting half-life... a really short half-life

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Dongslayer. posted:

i'm enjoying it so far, but maybe I will check out stalker afterwards.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

LaTex Fetish posted:

i'm enjoying it so far, but maybe I will check out stalker afterwards.

as your game salesman, i very highly suggest shadow of chernobyl

warning: guns don't have infinite range, lovely guns' bullets stop existing after a certain range

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
goddamn stalker is one of the best games ever. not because it has great gunplay (because the gunplay is frustrating as hell) but the atmosphere. the bad gunplay is great because that is totally what I would expect picking up lovely weapons from an irradiated zone of life

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

last light took everything i didn't like about 2033 and improved it greatly. im a big fan of that game. its really funny to me how a lot of people seem to have trouble getting the good endings in both metro games because i got them both easily on my first try

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
stalker has some of the best shoguns in vidgames and -the- best sniper rifle ever in a game imo

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Stalker protip: there's a mercenary suit that offers better protection than your starting armor in the attic of one of the houses in the starting village

Also higher difficulties make both you and the enemies easier to kill

Dec 26, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

stalker has some of the best shoguns in vidgames and -the- best sniper rifle ever in a game imo

correct, and correct. though shoc doesnt have the over/under one except in cut material/lost alpha which is a shame

Dec 26, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

yeah you should really be playing stalker on master difficulty with no crosshair

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AHungryRobot posted:

Stalker protip: there's a mercenary suit that offers better protection than your starting armor in the attic of one of the houses in the starting village

This is for fail noobs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thing to do when your board of stalker: Autosaves only, don't carry ammo, drop your inventory at the start of the game, don't carry guns in your backpack. It's some win.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Oh and try to find artifacts that give +endurance so you can sprint forever and give no fucks.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
The stabbin' stalker way is great. Stabbin dwarves ereday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i thought all difficulty did was change the enemy aiming

• Locked thread