Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Bioshock Infinite is literally Zyborne Clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Bioshock 1 gameplay: enemies gradually become hp sponges, then you realise you can use the wrench to kill every enemy because it's the best weapon in the game. Played Bioshock 2 for like 15 minutes before I got bored. Didn't play infinite because it looks like the same poo poo.

Dishonored is literally just Bioshock with good gameplay and no boring audio logs

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i got bioshock for 4 dollars and beat the game with a wrench. thought it was just OK for 4 dollars.

dishonored costs 60 dollars, no way that game is worth it

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
tbh there aren't very many games I'd say are worth 60 dollars

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
lol if you buy games when they come out. double lol if you preorder anything ever. "wow if i pay 60 dollars now i get a custom shotgun skin"

triple lol if you were dumb enough to buy and play an mmo with a sub fee

ultra lol if you thought any of the bioshocks were good or had a good story

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like the story better when it was that american dad episode where roger invents disco

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
how the gently caress did every single dumbass human being, not even just loving videygame journalists, come out and say loving Bioshock Infinite was brilliant and well-made? it's literally a loving mediocre military shooter with stun powers and a hand roller coaster once in a while.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
"boy I sure love bland arenas with really terrible enemy AI coming at me in waves with hitscan bullets. GOTY!"

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

it was very deep

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
video game journalists seem very vulnerable to waifuism and Bioshock Infinite was centered around waifubait

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Bioshock 1 could have been a good game if it had been more like the first 15 minutes of the game instead of the other 14 hours and 45 minutes of the game. And also if Ken Levine had nothing to do with it since Swat 4 proves Irrational was capable of making good games when he wasn't involved.

AngrySquid
Apr 16, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

how the gently caress did every single dumbass human being, not even just loving videygame journalists, come out and say loving Bioshock Infinite was brilliant and well-made? it's literally a loving mediocre military shooter with stun powers and a hand roller coaster once in a while.

Your focusing on the negatives rather than embracing the original story they tried to tell, about a white man saving a white women from the bonds of a tyrannical father figure. Oh wait....But...multiverse

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
oh i see the problem is you played bioshock: infinite, and not regular bioshock or even bioshock 2, whose biggest crime is being more bioshock, which is something not even infinite could accomplish

in fact, infinite made bioshock 2 suck incredibly less by comparison. it's actually a better game now because of infinite

ken levine i hope your shitball mobile game company ruins you and your family

Contra Calculus posted:

Bioshock 1 could have been a good game if it had been more like the first 15 minutes of the game instead of the other 14 hours and 45 minutes of the game

how in the hell do you make bioshock last 14 hours and change

The Sharmat posted:

tbh there aren't very many games I'd say are worth 60 dollars

bullet hell shmups, but only because they aren't sold in the states and importers have a loving field day with nerds like me

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 24, 2014

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

matrix ripoff posted:

how in the hell do you make bioshock last 14 hours and change

how long was it? I barely remember it because it was such a repetitive game it all just kind of ran together for me after a while. It sure as hell felt longer than it should have been.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
if levine called infinite by any other loving name, like skyshock or cloudshock or SHOCKING! i can't help but feel the backlash would have been less, and the praise also a little duller, but at least i wouldn't have this ravenous hatred for this motherfucker and his four-plus year dicktease of a game that didn't need sequelizing in the first place

i mean for gently caress's sake, there's no linkage to SHODAN or any system shock lore; why insist on keeping the shock suffix?

btw system shock 2 hasn't aged for poo poo and is now a legit terrible game -- a system shock 2 fanboy of the worst kind

Dec 26, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

btw system shock 2 hasn't aged for poo poo and is now a legit terrible game -- a system shock 2 fanboy of the worst kind

i played it for the first time when it dropped on gog like...a year and a half ago? it holds up fine

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
SS2's biggest problem is the fact that you can get stuck if you specialize your skills wrong. Beyond that it's still actually a good game.

I remember people describing Bioshock as a "watered-down System Shock 2" which I wish it actually was because a watered-down System Shock 2 would have been exponentially better than Bioshock.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

dishonored costs 60 dollars, no way that game is worth it

It's currently $5 on steam

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Protip: Dishonered is also somewhat overrated.

I blame the sheer amount of poo poo-tier stealth games that came before it, which skewed the ratings.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

can we all agree that riding the rails with the hook hand or whatever was pretty fun gamers

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

It's currently $5 on steam

oh drat didnt know

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Benny D posted:

can we all agree that riding the rails with the hook hand or whatever was pretty fun gamers

it's a shame there were like four of them in the entire game that were relevant to combat and they weren't even that well-designed for the arenas in which they appeared

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Protip: Dishonered is also somewhat overrated.

I blame the sheer amount of poo poo-tier stealth games that came before it, which skewed the ratings.

It is, but it's still the closest anyone has ever gotten to Thief/Deus Ex in the past decade. What held Dishonored back from being amazing was that the levels were small as gently caress which completely missed one of the main draws of the games its supposed to be based off. It's a good game but gently caress it needed some polish. At least the devs acknowledged its problems which is more than I can say for Ken Levine since every gamer and game journalist was too busy sucking his dick.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 24, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buck Turgidson posted:

lol if you buy games when they come out. double lol if you preorder anything ever. "wow if i pay 60 dollars now i get a custom shotgun skin"

triple lol if you were dumb enough to buy and play an mmo with a sub fee

ultra lol if you thought any of the bioshocks were good or had a good story

I'm going to buy The Sims 4 on release and no amount of LOLs in the world is going to make me feel ashamed of it, least of all from a noob like you. :dukedog: :dealwithit:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
if you can't drown them in the pool it's not really a Sims game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Bioboner

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

if you can't drown them in the pool it's not really a Sims game

Ever heard of DLC, smacktard? Oh that's right, your one of those dipshits that think a game *the witcher 2 cough* festering without DLC warts and all is really epic. It's the goddamned 21st century.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
yes taking out a feature available at launch in every previous game in the series to use as paid DLC is a business practice I, as a consumer, want to encourage

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

yes taking out a feature available at launch in every previous game in the series to use as paid DLC is a business practice I, as a consumer, want to encourage

They're a business, not your friend. If you don't want swimming pools it's your right not to buy them.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Knuc U Kinte posted:

They're a business, not your friend.

exactly why they shouldn't feel entitled to my money out of some misguided sense of loyalty

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm personally more disturbed by the lack of a number of other things but I guess not having pools sucks old man nards.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Wormskull posted:

I'm going to buy The Sims 4 on release and no amount of LOLs in the world is going to make me feel ashamed of it, least of all from a noob like you. :dukedog: :dealwithit:

maybe so, but one day you'll look at your 1tb hdd jammed full of Sims expansion packs and your empty wallet and you'll ask yourself, "what it worth it?"

then your sims 4 girlfriend, who you spent all that money on so she could have nice hair and a fast car and two bernese mountain dogs and a horse and a zookeeper and a mansion with 2 pools and a helipad will decide she doesn't love you anymore and she'll leave you, taking your house, your money, your zookeeper--everything. you'll be stuck eating reheated mi goreng (from "the Sims 4: Failure IRL" DLC pack).

then you'll understand my lols weren't meant to shame you--i was trying to save you all along

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:staredog:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

ludonarrative dissonance

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Spambot would have a drat field day with this thread.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Played like 30 mind of Bioshock 1 then never touched the series again. Feel like I dodged a shitbullet there

also it was a steam gift so lol suck it Levine you didn't get my money

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Nanomashoes posted:

ludonarrative dissonance

it's postmodern, dad; you wouldn't understand

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Super mega double ultra extreme wtf if someone thinks system shock 2 hasn't held up to the years

Dec 26, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

SS2's biggest problem is the fact that you can get stuck if you specialize your skills wrong. Beyond that it's still actually a good game.

I remember people describing Bioshock as a "watered-down System Shock 2" which I wish it actually was because a watered-down System Shock 2 would have been exponentially better than Bioshock.

i specced energy so i ended up doing the endgame with the unmodded default pistol and as many points as i could slot in standard weapons (think i got to like 3-4?) with the cybermodules the game hands you in the rickenbacker/the last area. it got pretty hairy and the Many fight was a lot of running in a circle away from a train of several guys but it worked. i was playing on impossible. you got no excuse assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Video Viddy Games posted:

Super mega double ultra extreme wtf if someone thinks system shock 2 hasn't held up to the years

it's ugly as poo poo and hardly scary and needlessly obtuse

you know, like most pc games of that era

• Locked thread