Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

matrix ripoff posted:

it's ugly as poo poo and hardly scary and needlessly obtuse

you know, like most pc games of that era

wow just look at this guy. smh

:page2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

matrix ripoff posted:

it's ugly as poo poo and hardly scary and needlessly obtuse

you know, like most pc games of that era

oh no! a loving 90's pc game is not scary and doesn't have good graphics by today's standards!

I guess Half-Life is also poo poo now.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 25, 2014

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
If you don't think System Shock 2 is good in 2014, you probably also don't think Thief 1 and 2 are good, and that's unforgivable.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Contra Calculus posted:

oh no! a loving 90's pc game is not scary and doesn't have good graphics by today's standards!

i guess Sin and Blood II are also masterpieces, if we're gonna go down this road

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

matrix ripoff posted:

i guess Sin and Blood II are also masterpieces, if we're gonna go down this road

lol what road?
the road that because these games werre made in the same era they all adhere to the same rules of being excellent wtf are you on sir?

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Video Viddy Games posted:

lol what road?
the road that because these games werre made in the same era they all adhere to the same rules of being excellent wtf are you on sir?

That guy was woefully incorrect opinions about video games.

Dec 26, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

what are you even trying to say at this point

Chelovek-Govno posted:

i dont think i can grasp this post unless you have writ large somewhere in it

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

01011001 posted:

what are you even trying to say at this point

i dont think i can grasp this post unless you have writ large somewhere in it

I'm over saying that now. I was just quoting someone else anyway. Video games are for children. :tipshat:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Chelovek-Govno posted:

ur drat right sir! i just hope we can reducate him before it is too late

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Protip: Dishonered is also somewhat overrated.

I blame the sheer amount of poo poo-tier stealth games that came before it, which skewed the ratings.

I would like Dishonored more if the levels were more open like Deus Ex. Also the architecture was too convenient for a stealth route. You could hide in the ceiling for the entirety of the first mission without any risk.

Dec 26, 2012

dishonored has this problem where most of the powers trivialize stealth a whole lot

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
EYE will always be a better Son of System Shock and I'm not just saying that because I'm a big idiot fanboy for my broken-rear end french game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

bioshock is bad

i didnt play infinite, i only played the first one and it sucked donkey dick

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
did anyone say Bioshit already? Bioshit

e: oh.... drat

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 25, 2014

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

01011001 posted:

dishonored has this problem where most of the powers trivialize stealth a whole lot

yeah stopping time is basically the most OP ability you can have but it was a lot of fun

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Silver Striker posted:

yeah stopping time is basically the most OP ability you can have but it was a lot of fun

I tranq'd 3 dudes and disabled a security system before time resumed. That poo poo was the best.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

dishonored sucked too

steampunk is poo poo

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Cobweb Heart posted:

did anyone say Bioshit already? Bioshit

e: oh.... drat

Thank you for the edit

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

i wasnt even thinking that, blink+darkvision alone do the trick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Thank you for the edit

lmfao

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

01011001 posted:

i wasnt even thinking that, blink+darkvision alone do the trick

Turning stealth kills to ash so you never have to worry about someone finding bodies for the rest of the game.

Why even have a mechanic for that in the first place.

Dec 26, 2012

because it doesnt work on stealth not-kills so theres an actual reason to kill poo poo stealthily instead of always doing nonlethal takedowns unlike something like dxhr or alpha protocol

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
E: I am a dumby and cant read right

E2: gently caress low Chaos playthroughs

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

01011001 posted:

because it doesnt work on stealth not-kills so theres an actual reason to kill poo poo stealthily instead of always doing nonlethal takedowns unlike something like dxhr or alpha protocol

even when you max that skill so everything you kill turns to ash?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
they really needed to make the enemies a lot tougher in Dishonored too. Deus Ex wasn't terribly hard, but the enemies were tough enough that if you specced a stealth character, you'd want to avoid going into direct confrontation with bad guys who could murder your rear end quick if they wanted. meanwhile in Dishonored you have ridiculous anime god powers (which were actually really cool and fun) and even the other people in the game with ridiculous anime god powers aren't a big threat because you can still gently caress with em.

Parallax Scroll posted:

dishonored sucked too

steampunk is poo poo

bitch, it was space whale punk. not even any fuckin steam in the game.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 26, 2014

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

space whale punk
Moby Eldritch

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Parallax Scroll posted:

bioshock is bad

i didnt play infinite, i only played the first one and it sucked donkey dick

Parallax Scroll posted:

dishonored sucked too

I'm pretty sure having bad opinions for losers is against the forum rules?? Mods???

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
In his defense steampunk is generally garbage so I can sympathize with him jumping to conclusions. I can think of like two times it was good in a videogame and no times it was good in literally any other medium.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Dishonered is a world where people have central heating but still haven't figured out how to make proper shitters.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Dishonered is a world where people have central heating but still haven't figured out how to make proper shitters.

Yeah, even though I like the City 17 aesthetic going there, that was really fuckin stupid

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Dec 26, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

even when you max that skill so everything you kill turns to ash?

if youre talking about non-stealth kills why do you even care at that point if the corpse isnt visible

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I was messing around on a save and maxed it out but never tried it on an aware enemy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Contra Calculus posted:

In his defense steampunk is generally garbage so I can sympathize with him jumping to conclusions. I can think of like two times it was good in a videogame and no times it was good in literally any other medium.

exactly. i sympathise as well

for reference zybourne clock is steampunk so that is all that needs to be said about that genre

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Contra Calculus posted:

half life owns

i played thru boishock 1, but i dont think i could do it again

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Sir AIDS posted:

http://youtu.be/ZuBMI5PYXgs?t=35s

Normal Gir in this video is how I felt when I posted this thread. After reading this comment I now feel like the Evil Gir

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Alright.. I guess this thread is a good place to confess this. I've never seen Invader Zim.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

Alright.. I guess this thread is a good place to confess this. I've never seen Invader Zim.

Its supremely epic.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Contra Calculus posted:

Half-Life is pretty crappy... its a super linear by the book shooter. Every fight except for the marines are really lame and simple...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Sir AIDS posted:

This pretentious loser game is PISSING me off. Here are some flames against Bioshock I thought up:

-Bioshit: Infinite

-Bioshock: Infinshit

-Bioshit: Infinshit

-Bioshock: Infinitely Gay

all i got is Bioturd: Piss

• Locked thread