Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I quit Mass Effect pretty early on after I realized that every armor was a reskin of every other armor. I figured they probably phoned in the rest of the loving game, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Kilroy posted:

I quit Mass Effect pretty early on after I realized that every armor was a reskin of every other armor. I figured they probably phoned in the rest of the loving game, too.

you made the right choice, because the first game is the least phoned in of the 3

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

really the best part of mass effect was just the codex being narrated by that voice. never played 2 or 3 so whatever. rest of the gameplay was boring. should have made the driving parts cooler instead of a reskin of the ms excel 97's secret flight sim game

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

Games don't need to be art, just good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mass Effect's bland, boring, zzz gameplay is the reason I never finished it. I made it through Mass Effect 1 and then 2 made it pretty plainly obvious that the story parts are the only thing the devs care about so it was like whatever bioware

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

LaTex Fetish posted:

yeah, but this isn't controversial or unpopular. its simply the correct way of gaming

NOPE SORRY FOOL

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Contra Calculus posted:

Hey guys, get this: most videogames don't actually have that bad of stories. A story doesn't need intricate sociopolitical or psychological commentary to be good. MGR? Perfectly good story that serves its purpose nothing more nothing less.

yes but how else will I convince all the hot girls that I'm a sophisticated man with a respectable hobby instead of a literal manchild

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ekster posted:

yes but how else will I convince all the hot girls that I'm a sophisticated man with a respectable hobby instead of a literal manchild

Become gay and never have this issue ever again

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Actually don't because most gay gamers I have seen, or gaymers as they describe themselves are even whinier bitches.

Soral
May 30, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Actually don't because most gay gamers I have seen, or gaymers as they describe themselves are even whinier bitches.

im a gaymer and i can confirm that i am indeed a whiny bitch

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Soral posted:

im a gaymer and i can confirm that i am indeed a whiny bitch

Greetings

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kilroy posted:

The Fuckin' Angry Gamer.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Hey guys, get this: most videogames don't actually have that bad of stories. A story doesn't need intricate sociopolitical or psychological commentary to be good. MGR? Perfectly good story that serves its purpose nothing more nothing less.

A story, good graphics, whatever, don't make a game art. The actual gameplay is the artistic part of video games.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Resident Evil 5 multiplayer was day 1 "DLC" that you just paid an extra few dollars (5 or 10 can't remember now) to activate content that was actually on the disc. All you downloaded was a license file that said "yep, you paid for multiplayer!"

okay that sounds terrible

like i said i didn't look very hard but whenever i mentioned it before people would say like "Ugh. It's so obvious. Why don't we get free patches like in subscription MMOs?" or something like that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

A story, good graphics, whatever, don't make a game art. The actual gameplay is the artistic part of video games.

Epic this my gamers.

Wits2k1
Jun 7, 2002

Dragon age 2 was a pretty fun game

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Wits2k1 posted:

Dragon age 2 was a pretty fun game

unacceptable

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The Metal Gear games had better dialog than Solid's. Not as much answering with a single word question that doesn't advance the story in any way and also feels like embarrassment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scalding Coffee posted:

The Metal Gear games had better dialog than Solid's. Not as much answering with a single word question that doesn't advance the story in any way and also feels like embarrassment.

Better dialog?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can love bloom in the flamewar thread?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can love bloom in the flamewar thread?

gently caress off

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone who has ever played a video games should die of AIDS.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

zen death robot posted:

Resident Evil 5 multiplayer was day 1 "DLC" that you just paid an extra few dollars (5 or 10 can't remember now) to activate content that was actually on the disc. All you downloaded was a license file that said "yep, you paid for multiplayer!"

I never payed for re5 multiplayer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Everyone who has ever played a video games should die of AIDS.

jokes on you FAG boy jim! im 100% composed of aids and it is what is keeping me alive

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Wormskull posted:

The Fuckin' Angry Gamer.
what?! I'm not angry

take that back

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I like Minecraft, it's great. I play the gently caress out of it for a few weeks then come back to it a few months later.

Man, I just really like Minecraft, it's so great. I heard you can mod it, too? I'll have to check that out.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

you made the right choice, because the first game is the least phoned in of the 3

The games improved with each instalment you goddamn moron.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
was my decision wrt Mass Effect the wrong decision

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
mass effect 1 - best story, best interface, best squadmates, best exploration.

mass effect 2 - loving skip this retarded gay rear end poo poo. worst. lovely crewmembers boring planets, whack as gently caress scanning 'game', gay as gently caress music

mass effec 3 - lots of fun via callbacks and game history, best dlc, improved weapons/armour poo poo from all the fuckd up second game, best music.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kilroy posted:

was my decision wrt Mass Effect the wrong decision

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are good games. The story lines are insane bioware horseshit, but the actual gameplay is good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Video Viddy Games posted:

mass effect 1 - best story, best interface, best squadmates, best exploration.

mass effect 2 - loving skip this retarded gay rear end poo poo. worst. lovely crewmembers boring planets, whack as gently caress scanning 'game', gay as gently caress music

mass effec 3 - lots of fun via callbacks and game history, best dlc, improved weapons/armour poo poo from all the fuckd up second game, best music.

Good lord.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

im sorry but its true

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

im sorry but its true

You think Mass Effect 1 is good...so, uhh, yeah.....no.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You think Mass Effect 1 is good...so, uhh, yeah.....no.

i do. i had a lot of fun with it. especially driving around planets in the mako. it was more like oldie scifi too and didnt feel all cover shootery like 2 and 3. its legit my favourite.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
mass effect 1 seemed good when it came out, but holy poo poo it does not hold up especially after you play 2

i never played 3 because gently caress origin

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fellis posted:

mass effect 1 seemed good when it came out, but holy poo poo it does not hold up especially after you play 2

i am completely opposite. playing 2 makes me appreciate 1 more because i really, really, really dislike the direction 2 took and all the rubbish poo poo that 2 does.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

2 felt like a better game but it just removed everything i liked about 1 instead of improving it

i never played 3. i played the demo and didnt like that though

Soral
May 30, 2009

mass effect 3 is kind of poo poo but the dlc with the extra missions in the citadel is amazing and makes up for it imo. worth a play to check it out, once.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

i do. i had a lot of fun with it. especially driving around planets in the mako. it was more like oldie scifi too and didnt feel all cover shootery like 2 and 3. its legit my favourite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

i know. no one (or very few people) agree with me and i am cool with that. i just really liked what they did with it. at least it felt cohesive with a direct line of where you began to where you ended up. neither 2 nor 3 felt like anything more than a collection of random stories. also the mysterious man was boring

• Locked thread