Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Logy was distraught about getting caught shirtless... but he was wearing a shirt? I didn't see any burn marks in that picture, either. Did we get a censored version of a shirtless dude for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Ayesha didn't need any fanservice with a soundtrack like that, holy poo poo.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I was seeing blank, black screenshots too.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Tarezax posted:

Well, personally, I think it fits him ameowzingly well.

すごくニャってる

Double :ughh:. Good job.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Fight it.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Lots of black screens in the update again.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Do keep in mind the Arland trilogy is available on the Vita if you've got one. The hostile occupation of your PS3 or its accompanying TV doesn't have to stop you!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Tarezax posted:

This is Gust, the company that made up entire languages to sing the important music in for the Ar series games.

If you haven't already, try looking up the lyrics for those on youtube some time, the lyrics are reflective of the emotional state of the singer and sometimes they can get pretty creepy as well.

I want to point out that Tarezax is underselling this a bit. They have made 4 separate languages for it by now: Hymmnos, Pastalie, Carmela Formeluna, and Ar Ciela (with two dialects). I'm going to sound very critical in these short descriptions, but I wanna point out that I am rather impressed with the amount of thought and work put into all this as part of the lore.

Hymmnos is the most ... straightforward, I guess? It's certainly the one with the most information available. Emotion is a required component of every sentence. It's kind of an odd mix of English, German, Japanese, and Sanskrit. There's a few cognates you can pick out here and there, but the grammar's totally cracked out if you're trying to pidgin it from those.

Pastalian shares some 'backwards compatibility' with Hymmnos but is based around "emotion verbs" and "emotion vowels" within other words. When you see it written out in English transliteration, the capitalization looks like a loving mess.

Carmela Formeluna is a special kind of linguistic nightmare; each letter of each word is an entire concept, so a sentence is condensed into a single word's length. It has no set vocabulary, and is entirely dependent on the speaker's interpretation. Blegh.

Ar Ciela is the new games' addition, though being as it's a prequel miniseries, it's chronologically older. The "public" version of it is "limited" to sounds audible by human ears - and because that's actually a limiting factor, nobody bothers to try understanding this version of the language, because that range of sounds is somehow not enough to convey the meanings. Good gravy.

If any of you are language nerds that find any of this interesting like I do, you can read more here. On the one hand, obvious spoilers, but on the other, I definitely can't recommend actually jumping into the series for everyone. :ohdear:

..... What was the point I was going for...? Oh right. Yeah, don't ever assume anything you hear in a Gust game is meaningless noise. It may not be worth your time to figure out what they're saying, but chances are it does mean something. :v:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

That very last CG in the true ending was.... uh. It looked fine with the text box there, outside of the tail, and then as soon as it drops the box for the "FIN." version, bam! There's Escha's cleavage. Maybe it looks better in the video with the text box popping in and out? I haven't watched it cause I'm at work.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I actually found this game's main soundtrack much worse than that of Ayesha; it has maybe 3 really good tunes, one of which is a remix of one of Ayesha's. The vocal album, on the other hand, kicks Ayesha's vocal album's rear end. The only really amazing vocal track Ayesha had was Thorns, with the vocal version of... was it Altair? being a passable track, and the rest forgettable/bad. More than half of this game's vocal album is good stuff. I especially love the final boss theme and Sky of Twilight.

E: Oh, that youtube page finally loaded and you were talking about Ayesha's OST to begin with. Yeah, it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Lunar Suite posted:

Mana Khemia 2 is aneurysm-inducingly anime, though. The main characters are sort of anime spice girls - we have Snarky Spice, Tsundere Spice, Deadpan Spice, Retarded Spice and Mascot Spice.

Now try telling me which of the two possible teams of main characters I mean. Don't get me wrong, the battle system has some amazingly over-the-top animations that tickle my fancy for giant intricate rune things, but the characters are not very good.

It was kind of disappointing after the first one, in many ways.

• Locked thread