Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Just finished bombing my way through the Arland and Ayesha LPs, great stuff so far Sylphid! Quick question: Will this game end in romance between Escha and Logy a la Rune Factory Oceans, or does it continue in the traditions of the previous Atelier games? Not that I specifically want romance, but I was wondering how that would colour your dialogue for the MCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Sylphid posted:

First of all, thank you for reading my LPs.

To answer your question, if you were to ask me there's no real hint of a romantic relationship between Escha and Logy anywhere in the story, but it all comes down to interpretation of a few key scenes between them. You can maybe make the case, but I just don't think the writers really intended to make their relationship romantic in nature. Escha has a lot of respect for Logy's experience and professionalism and Logy admires Escha's dedication and cheerfulness, but there's not much beyond that.

That's great. Putting in romance now would be weird considering the past games have had none.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

The music for this game and for Ayesha is so lovely. Although to be honest I prefer Ayesha's soundtrack right now. Are there any songs similar in style/tempo to say, Slag Dance in this game?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

So does your use of Eschalogy to refer to the game have anything to do with eschatology? I'm assuming that's why the main characters were given their names, and the setting of the story?

Also

quote:

(We said we'd be her friends to help her out, but Linca looks really about it. I can't help but feel like this isn't really what Marion wants Linca to do, though... But I wonder why Linca looks so calm fighting monsters, and seems so nervous when talking to other people...)
needs a word put in.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

No need to spoil it, he says it in the opening post.

P.S. you should read the opening post. :v:

In my defence, my memory is terrible and I'm ashamed of it.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

On the one hand, it felt like we saw a lot more of the world in Ayesha, which was great. Being able to bounce between different hubs was interesting, and stopped the game from feeling stagnant. In this game, all the attention is focused on Colseit so it's not as... attention-catching? On the other hand (and this may just be the way you write it), I love the friendship between Escha and Logy.
I'd have to go with Ayesha as my preferred game though. I should maybe get it some time, haha.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

This is going to sound super nit-picky, but I mean it all in the best possible way, I swear.

In XIX, one of Nio's icons is replaced by Logy's. Also, Escha tells herself to be careful about avoiding the bombs. Think that should be Logy?

In XX, when they meet the ~Fire Lord~, the ~Fire Lord~'s text continues on from Escha's without a line break or a new icon. Just after "altar was destroyed by humans". Minor spelling error after Escha and Solle's sweets discussion, "Logy will impressed the more I do by myself!".

Again, I'm sorry if this is kinda rude. But I figured that with the amount of words and pictures you put in, it would be nice if an extra eye pointed out any hiccups. It helps that your updates are fun to read.

(Was that model a cow? Ayesha would be ecstatic...)

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Near the end of the update, this line ("But, Awin's going to help me tidy up. I'm having trouble opening the door, so you'll be a huge help.") has been allocated to Logy, but sounds like it should be Threia.

Will we actually get to see the Central team, or are they just a looming plot point that never really gets carried along? I can't imagine they'd add new playable characters at this point in the game, but I also can't see how they'd add in a group of NPCs either.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

I was kind of hoping Escha and Logy would just steal the dreadnought and explore the ruins themselves. :v:

The flash to it when Logy said it would be nice to steal it was a bit of a cocktease, but I guess they do get to use it at least...

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Had a genuine moment of confusion at the end, haha!
Is escha_1559 supposed to be white? I tried reloading it but it didn't do anything.

And I guess we've met the bumblebee princess!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Escha has "V-V-Vertical...challenge...? Awww..." attributed to her. Sounds more like Lucille's line.
Katla's little comments about the loot are so funny :kimchi: she's honestly my favourite.

Edit: When you say Hat Girl, do you mean Katla or Lucille? Katla's face reminds me of Rorona sometimes, while Lucille has a touch of Totori in her face and hairstyle.

Roro fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 13, 2014

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I personally really liked the way you wrote the characters off-script. It gave them more depth and made them more engaging than say, Rorona where we were just shown the story. I'd like to see more of this kind of LP.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

So Flameu is found and fought!

Just one thing, "Ah, Mr. Logy!" is Logy talking to himself, but then the scene afterwards is copied straight from the previous update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Not that anyone is surprised I'm stupid, but it's not now. After I posted the last update I was wondering if I missed a Logy-Lucille scene, and it turns out I was. I went back and replaced this update's Logy-Lucille scene with the right scene, where Logy actually does make the proposal that she follows up on.

I got your back, bro. :cool:

• Locked thread