Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I never thought about this while playing the game, but who carved the lithograph anyway? I mean, the people who were alive in the previous civilization probably wouldn't have thought of computer interfaces and automata as gods or angels, and probably wouldn't carve many things in stone either, but would future generations have even known that Flameu was up there on that floating island? I guess it could be early post-apocalyse?

Is there a transcription of the lyrics to Colony Collapse Syndrome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

Man - calling her boss theme "Colony Collaspe Disorder" makes perfect sense with Flemcu's motif, and also pretty creepy

The lyrics are also creepy. "D-D-Decay. C-C-Collapse. T-T-T-he End. F-F-Finale. Ex-Ex-Extermination. Ex-Ex-Extinction. D-D-Darkness. M-M-Murder."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 21, 2014

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Sylphid posted:

Holy smokes, really? I just assumed it was pleasant-sounding nonsense like most RPG battle themes with lyrics, but that's surprisingly grim for this series.

The lyrics sort of sound like Flameu is singing them. "The cycle of ruin and rebirth continues".

The golem battle music is called "Worship, for we are sacred."

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

To answer this from a while back, yeah this is what I meant. You need to raise relationship values in order to see people's events, but if you do them evenly, like Sylphid did, suddenly it seems like all the characters frontload their problems at once.
I might be saying that because I made that post after seeing Lucille's arc, which is so far the weakest for me. She has nagging parents, then she suddenly wants to be a doctor, then she wants to prove herself without her parent's corporation influencing people, she is unsure of her abilities and so on. It's too much at once, especially for a side character. Any one of those problems would have made for good side-quest material, but taken together it's just too much too fast. Not to mention she seems to have a thing for Logy which the game is trying to subtly develop. It all feels like it comes a bit out of nowhere, and having other characters with their arcs as well makes this feel messy. It's not game-ruining, but it could be a lot neater.

Huh? They all feel like the same issue to me, just different sides to it. She wants to be treated as an independent adult, but both her lack of talent and her doting, influential parents get in the way of that. It's not that she suddenly wants to be a doctor either, it's just that she's been training to be a doctor her whole life and uses that as the default measure of her own success (the idea of wanting to be something else never comes up, because that would be watering down her storyline). Also, she was kinda your medic the entire game so it certainly didn't come out of nowhere to the player.

I don't really like Lucille that much, but her storyline feels better than, say, Reyner who just yells "money, treasure!" a lot until he tell you his life story in one scene.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

On my playthrough I chose the Threia ending first (because I didn't realize that asking her for advice would lock me into an ending immediately) and it was too silly so I couldn't go back and watch the others. I mean, seriously, Escha quits her job as an alchemist to be Threia's maid?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Threia was my favorite character when I played the game, but she seemed less interesting in the LP for some reason.

The weird thing about the endings is that no one ever seems to age, at all. I mean, it happens in the game too, but I can understand that making a new, slightly different character model would be difficult. However, the endings are just still images, yet the kids are always kids no matter how many years pass.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yup. Although it ended sort of optimistically by implying there's hope to maybe fix it somehow in the future. Personally I don't think directly saving the world fits the tone of the setting, but maybe it'll be fixed in the third game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Raitzeno posted:

That very last CG in the true ending was.... uh. It looked fine with the text box there, outside of the tail, and then as soon as it drops the box for the "FIN." version, bam! There's Escha's cleavage. Maybe it looks better in the video with the text box popping in and out? I haven't watched it cause I'm at work.

Escha's cleavage features prominently all throughout the game. It was just less noticeable because Sylphid kept her in the witch costume the entire time. Her default character design emphasizes it a lot.

• Locked thread