Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
This is my first time seeing the new fox score box

Is this permanent? It looks weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

you only get so many times to evaluate your special teams in preseason

I'd say you're right, but his decision making last year in those situations leads me to believe that he's not calling punts for special teams practice. I hope he goes for a lot more fourth and shorts next season but I'm not optimistic.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Good challenge, because while that's an obvious catch, who the gently caress knows how it's going to go.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seniorservice posted:

I'd say you're right, but his decision making last year in those situations leads me to believe that he's not calling punts for special teams practice. I hope he goes for a lot more fourth and shorts next season but I'm not optimistic.

I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of how often teams go for fourth and shorts, because I think San Diego did so quite a bit last year, at least compared to the Norv era.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I literally don't understand what the difference between a catch and a not catch is... there was a game played a couple days ago in which Matt Schaub threw a pass to the endzone, the receiver caught it and the defender pulled it out, just like we just saw. Except that was ruled an incomplete pass :psyduck:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Woodhead. :allears:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

I literally don't understand what the difference between a catch and a not catch is... there was a game played a couple days ago in which Matt Schaub threw a pass to the endzone, the receiver caught it and the defender pulled it out, just like we just saw. Except that was ruled an incomplete pass :psyduck:

endzone is different rules.

Gates caught the ball, was tackled, and rolled over before the ball came out. The play was over

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of how often teams go for fourth and shorts, because I think San Diego did so quite a bit last year, at least compared to the Norv era.

NORV!
NORV!

YOU'VE GOTTA PUNT THIS BALL NORV

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hahah that was great.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
aw, no touchdown

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Rivers scrambling. :D

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
Holy poo poo, what a play, though.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This is a good one. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/2/13/5405122/4th-down-review-part-1-mike-mccoy-san-diego-chargers

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Holy poo poo that's a terrible penalty.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

that was a bonehaded move, allen.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
:spooky: touchdown! :spooky:

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
That was an awesome pass and catch

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

College Slice
Gorgeous play there. Gates! :toot:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Antonio :)

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
Rivers2Gates will never not be a beautiful, beautiful thing. :swoon:

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Old man still got it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

YMB posted:

This is my first time seeing the new fox score box

Is this permanent? It looks weird
Yeah, it's consistent with the graphics of Fox Sports 1. It's what their baseball scorebar looks like too. Get used to it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Streams if you need it! Lookin at you Just The Facts!

http://topbasedstream.moonfruit.com/ or http://teamstreamla.proboards.com/page/STREAM_6

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page
i sure do hope jimmy harbs is just having the team move at 50% true speed for the preseason while pete is using all of the seahawks juice.....otherwise it's going to be a long season

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Vernon loves that YAC

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
hahahah wow holy poo poo

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way
That was an insane catch, I thought that was picked for sure

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Liuget is having a game

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Dr Tran posted:

Liuget is having a game

That is one of the most hilarious tackles I've seen in ages and no replay?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
I don't follow that conference/division, but since when are 49ers this bad and why?

midwat
May 6, 2007

Kellen Clemens is still alive. Huh.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Was that Tenant?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

pigdog posted:

I don't follow that conference/division, but since when are 49ers this bad and why?

They're terrified of the Cardinals who are going 19-0 and gonna own all y'alls dumb teams :colbert:

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Blaine Gabbert - Noted NFL Quarterback

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
No balls

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

This is the breakdown on how he compares to the rest of the league http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/2/17/5417822/4th-down-review-part-2-mccoy-versus-the-rest-of-the-league

edit - McCoy doesn't have the market cornered on dumb third down decisions. Hope that 30 yard field position is worth it Harbaugh!

seniorservice fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 24, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Hey Rams, like what you see? Want yourself some Gabbert?

Nereid
Sep 17, 2009

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
I feel like 49ers fandom is going to have to learn how to Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce before this season is over.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Nereid posted:

I feel like 49ers fandom is going to have to learn how to Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce before this season is over.

That would require them making noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
I also celebrate when my head does not explode.

• Locked thread