Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Punting on 4th and 1 at the 45, Mike McCoy never change. Actually please do change, that's loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

warcrimes posted:

Especially in the preseason. Always go for that poo poo and always go for 2-pointers.

really shouldnt matter if thats the preseason, regular, or playoffs/super bowl you go for that in that situation all day

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
At least he had the balls to go for it this time. Still the right call.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

mccoy doesn't call plays. be mad at frank reich

McCoy decides whether to punt or not however, so I'm blaming him for that all day.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Sad injury music! That hurts though we're already thin at NT =/

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

you only get so many times to evaluate your special teams in preseason

I'd say you're right, but his decision making last year in those situations leads me to believe that he's not calling punts for special teams practice. I hope he goes for a lot more fourth and shorts next season but I'm not optimistic.

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of how often teams go for fourth and shorts, because I think San Diego did so quite a bit last year, at least compared to the Norv era.

This is a good one. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/2/13/5405122/4th-down-review-part-1-mike-mccoy-san-diego-chargers

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
Old man still got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seniorservice
Jun 18, 2004

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I'd like to see a statistical breakdown of how often teams go for fourth and shorts, because I think San Diego did so quite a bit last year, at least compared to the Norv era.

This is the breakdown on how he compares to the rest of the league http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/2/17/5417822/4th-down-review-part-2-mccoy-versus-the-rest-of-the-league

edit - McCoy doesn't have the market cornered on dumb third down decisions. Hope that 30 yard field position is worth it Harbaugh!

seniorservice fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 24, 2014

• Locked thread