Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30

The leak is real. Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog are playable characters. God help us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

Duck Hunt dog???

right next to ROB

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Bowser Jr is a disgusting genetic experiment and must be put down. Where are the real Koopa kids Nintendo.

unconfirmed but supposedly the "leaker" says the real koopa kids are alt costumes, because the clown car is the thing that attacks so what actually is sitting in it doesn't matter. Too good to be true tho

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Smash bros roster looks like it's almost all entirely anime characters.

Shut the gently caress up taint reaper. Durr japanese characters look like japanese characters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Whos the guy to the left of PacMan.

Shulk. He's from xenoblade. fire emblem, kid Icarus, and xenoblade are all good and I'm glad theres characters from them

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Omally posted:

i miss mewtwo

the leaker says mewtwo is in.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Omally posted:

is that character select screen fake then or what

don't play with my emotions like this

supposedly the character select screen is not complete. The shots were taken from the video that the ESRB received to rate the game, and in those screens the all star mode is not unlocked (or oddly absent) which implies that there are still a few more characters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dwight Evans posted:

we've got people dissing some fairly loving epic vidcon characters because they think "hurrr anime is for pedophiles", the opinion of your average gbs retard. disgusting

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

The video in the OP has died

this confirms the leak.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

Why the gently caress would they bring Dr. Mario back?

i said this in the games thread but the whole deal with Lucina is that she was going to be a marth costume but then they tweaked her stats and had to make her a separate character. the same thing probably happened with Dr Mario and Dark Pit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

That kinda makes sense, but given that one of the focuses they've had making the new smash bros has been lots of alt skins and in-game character stat and move customizations, making straight up clones like these seems kinda... off?

the thing with move customization is that stuff is for single player and games with friends only, not online. if, say, dr mario could only be associated with a custom moveset mario, then you couldn't use him online. that being said, there's no reason for Dark Pit to have changed stats, that's all sakurai wanting him to be different.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Where the gently caress is Shyguy? Or Birdo, or even (god forbid) Waluigi. Nintendo I understand that you're still sitting on a million copies of Animal Crossing New Leaf that you really want to get rid of, but that doesn't make putting in the blank Animal Crossing character as a fighter a respectable decision. There are way better fits. I'm not even particularly invested in Smash Brothers and even I find this lame.

Well, whatever. Maybe the final roster will redeem this stuff.

neogaf? /v/?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Look at the first New Super Mario Bros, Bowser loving dies in the first loving world because he's so pathetic. Mario just straight-up murders him. Bowser Jr., meanwhile, fights Mario over and over and over, eventually bringing his father back from the loving dead using voodoo magic or whatever.

Basically, Bowser doesn't loving bother to do anything besides the last world or whatever, while Bowser Jr. keeps fighting Mario over and over because he's not a loving coward like his dad.

he has the power of youth

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

The villager really is a lovely character regardless of which game you put him in. They'd be better off replacing that thing with Miis in everything, including Animal Crossing.

Incoming top secret message: You're a loving retard!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Well, congrats Nintendo you just lost a sale.

if i told you that the koopalings are alternate skins for bowser jr would that make up for it?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

DrManiac posted:

That's probably a trophy, though a magic user from FE would be a rad character.

I hope the leak is true because duck hunt dog and shulk are great.

good news, Robin is a magic user from FE.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

brave nazi aviator posted:

why cant i play as garfield

because you're a bitch who needs to go back to gbs.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

That would be okay.

sheesh

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

snake didn't adopt poo poo because he was too busy going to war even as his body started breaking down prematurely, up to having an epic 20 minute fistfight with another shirtless dude which is all the more reason he should be in this fighting game

Its a party game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

oh, so they shouldn't allow it in EVO after all?

Correct.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hoodrich posted:

There's a "party game" in my pants after seeing Zero Suit Samus in her new outfit.. Oh and don't forget about the classic blonde bombshell, Princess Peach. Hubba Hubba.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

romanowski posted:

Hey guys. I "main" as Link. That means Link is the character I play as for the most part, but I like to play as other characters too, such as Marth, Captain Falcon, and Fox. Can't wait to check out Shulk and Robin and all the new characters. So who do you guys "main"?

Yoshi, Game & Watch, Ike, and Toon Link.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Smash brothers wasn't enough for Pokemon fighting as an action game, Namco's making a Pokemon Tekken that they so creatively called Pokken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-WqRkiLe1A

I take back what I said about all fighting games being bad, because now that there is one with something i like, it's good!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

01011001 posted:

hitmonchan punches
hitmonlee kicks

and hitmontop spins

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nintendo is just killing it today with showing us epic poo poo to distract us from the leak

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mash posted:

it took nintendo 6+ years to make the same game again, but with a handful of new characters

wow

Nice "Original Opinion" there, "Original Gamer". go troll elsewhere.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

the wii u is my only gaming console (aside from my 3ds) and there isnt a single title i feel im missing out on for the xbone or ps4

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/shulk.html

another anime character :rolleye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

where is shulk from?

your darkest fears...

• Locked thread