Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

its pretty straightforward. the main thing is that in one segment of the game its pretty much like "nope you gotta do this incredibly dumb awful poo poo that has nothing to do with anything to progress" and it just goes on and on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dragon warrior VII is a good stepping point into the 32 bit generation OP

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

dragon warrior VII is for insane jrpg maniacs so I recommend it too.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
I never beat dragon warrior VII but I DID make it to the final dungeon so I basically count that as beating it.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Goat posted:

bof2 has really cool mechanics in that you can make your party members stop being useless

the best part of the game is the last hour though and i can't recommend any game that does that

play the poo poo out of 4 it's one of the best looking + coolest jrpgs ever

Is a cool game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the rain is gonna ruin that book he has there.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm looking over lists and poo poo and I can't find anything that's deemed acceptable to play. There's only garbage like Secret of the Stars and other half assed abominations. I've got Final Fantasies 1-6, as well as Dragon Quest 1-6, I've got stuff like Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermoore, Illusion of Gaia, Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 1 and 2, Phantasy Stars 1-4, breath of Fire 1 and 2, Paladin Quest, Chrono Trigger, Mother 2/Earthbound, Sword of Vermillion, Super Mario RPG and probably others I'm forgetting.

But I mean that's it every single thing that someone could make an abomination out of with stupid fan art I've experienced. There is nothing left in this classic gaming era to play.

look up hardtype romhacks, a lot of them fix absurdly easy games.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what about the gba

thats like 16bit

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Lamebot posted:

look up hardtype romhacks, a lot of them fix absurdly easy games.

ff6 Brave New World is really good.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

PSX has some good JRPGs dude.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

SaGa Frontier, Star ocean 2, a handful of Tales games if those are your thing (theyre not my thing that much), Suikoden 1 and 2, dont play Legend of Legaia, Grandia, Wild Arms 2(?)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah, was gonna recommend that. It looks like a loving 16 bit game that's for sure :laugh:

also, it's awesome

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nihnoz posted:

ff6 Brave New World is really good.
Agreed, I loving love tedious half-finished brony bullshit.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

im glad, self-love is important

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

im glad, self-love is important

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FactsAreUseless posted:

It also seems more like a game of preplanning how you're going to play it, rather than actually playing it.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Isn't there a Final Fantasy for the gameboy where you fight god and he's an amish man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Concordat posted:

Isn't there a Final Fantasy for the gameboy where you fight god and he's an amish man.
Final Fantasy Legend. There's a Jackie Kashian bit about it.

• Locked thread