Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

The game:

Antichamber is a mind-bending psychological exploration game where nothing can be taken for granted. Discover an Escher-like world where hallways wrap around upon each other, spaces reconfigure themselves, and accomplishing the impossible may just be the only way forward. Antichamber (originally known as Hazard: The Journey of Life)[2] is a single-player first-person puzzle-platform video game developed by Alexander Bruce. Many of the puzzles are based on phenomena that occur within the Non-Euclidean geometry created by the game engine, such as passages that lead the player to different locations depending on which way they face, and structures that seem otherwise impossible within normal three-dimensional space. The game includes elements of psychological exploration through brief messages of advice to help the player figure out solutions to the puzzles as well as adages for real life. The game was released on Steam for Microsoft Windows on January 31, 2013,[3] a version sold with the Humble Indie Bundle 11 in February 2014 added support for Linux and Mac OS X.

Who is playing?

- Host: BRAWW (me) I will play the video game and will be the one controlling the keyboard and mouse

- Co-Host: K. Flaps (asian woman) will co-commentate with me.

Features:

Key Features

A deeply psychological experience that will make you question everything you know about how a game works.

Mind-bending challenges that will subvert your expectations at every twist and turn.

An enormous, seamless non-Euclidean world to explore.

Lifelike soundscapes developed by Robin Arnott and an ambient soundtrack composed by Siddhartha Barnhoorn.

A gun that can create, destroy and manipulate matter, allowing you to discover new ways to overcome your surroundings.

Where can I play this?

Buy it on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/219890

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGsnm2nOnso

More info:

It has won all these awards:

:siren::siren:THE LET'S PLAY:siren::siren:

Episode 1: Beginnings

Episode 2: EXIT

FAN ART SECTION

I AM BRAWW fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
:siren:EPISODE ONE: BEGINNINGS:siren:

I launched the game, prior to this.

When you first spawn you're in a small black cube and you're shown this image that has a pretty deep and profound meaning, much like the game overall.

Turning around, there's the exit. Accross from the exit are the settings (not pictured)

Since we won't be taking the exit (:downs:) we'll take the first 'area' we can, called Leap Of Faith (like the Lionel Cartwrigth song).

True to it's name, the "Leap of Faith" area is just a huge pit with the words JUMP spread across your screen. So I step forward and am shocked to find that a floor materializes over the pit as I walk across it. :allears:

As you can see, the Leap of Faith level was but a gag and you don't actually fall to your death - K. Flaps was nervous for no reason. :laugh:

Taking the first step can be harder than the rest of the challenge
Having passed the first challenge, we're rewarded with this little philosophical saying, setting the pretense for the rest of the game. Most of the time these little quotes will be either before a challenge, giving you some hints as to what you need to do or will be after the challenge, rewarding you with knowledge.

At the end of the next hallway there's a black sign so I approach it, getting ready to read a juicy quote with a deeper meaning.

Buut.. I fall in a pit, having been tricked by the drat game again :argh:

I get out of the pit and read the quote, something about falling for stuff (:ironicat:). I head down the hallway to my left and welp, there's a chest-high piece of wall that I can't jump over.

Turning around and crossing the pit again, I head down the other hallway and see a bunch of floating balls bouncing all over the place??? I don't know what the hell was up with that lol but I just walk past it :laffo:

:eng101:

While the game is extremely barebones, it does feel and look nice overall.

I walk into the next 'challenge' and realize it's just a huge pit with a clock on the other side. Thinking back to the Leap of Faith challenge, I attempt to walk across it, but end up falling to the bottom.

Quote found at the bottom of the pit which I just fell in, I guess it makes sense in regards to what just happened.

Past a dark hallway, I walk into this room and there are two staircases in front of me. One is blue, and goes upwards, while the red one goes downwards.

I take the red one first and head down the stairs.

Buutt.. I end up back in the same hallway infront of the two coloured staircases, so I decide to go up the blue one this time.

Back in the hallway, I try the red one a couple more times.

I turn around, and try to go back UP the red one, but to no avail. I just keep coming back to that darn hallway.

I start losing hope, so I just start sprinting down the red one multiple times. It just keeps bringing me back to the hallway with the two coloured staircases though.

I switch it up, blue one does the same thing as the red one. This doesn't make any loving sense.

This is loving stupid and I'm not necessarily enjoying this game, but K.Flaps is so whatever, I'm going to end this here and continue from here next time.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
goldmine this thread instead of w/e gay poo poo is popular in this board these days

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Is this taken from a stream you did or something? Seems like a very weird format, in my opinion. Not sure I'm following this but I'll give it the "three update" rule haha.

Titty Warlord posted:

goldmine this thread instead of w/e gay poo poo is popular in this board these days

I enjoyed your Let's Plays with Putty, though? Why are you acting like this? Why have you forsaken us?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i think they just layered a video frame in while playing to make nicer screenshots, pretty innovative

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Fucker posted:

Is this taken from a stream you did or something? Seems like a very weird format, in my opinion. Not sure I'm following this but I'll give it the "three update" rule haha.

I tried to be a little innovative as I enter the "Let's Play" scene, so what I did was record two separate videos while I was playing (One from my webcam, the other from Nvidias Shadowplay for in-game footage) and then compiled them together into a Screenshot Let's Play format. Thanks for giving it a chance, Episode two should be out by tomorrow :D :thumbsup:

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
Hey guys, this Let's Play really spoke to me. It's one I can really relate to. I enjoy your interactions, you sound like really good friends and I wish I could meet you in real life... I need some friends ha ha :sigh:

I did some fanart, hope you enjoy it, just sharing my favorite moment

Mercenary Pig
Jun 9, 2014
I find this oddly entrancing to read for some reason, and I don't know why. Please come back, BRAWW

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Fucker posted:

Hey guys, this Let's Play really spoke to me. It's one I can really relate to. I enjoy your interactions, you sound like really good friends and I wish I could meet you in real life... I need some friends ha ha :sigh:

Hahah that's amazing, adding a Fan art subsection. Thanks!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Fucker posted:

Thank you. :)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket too soon, but if the other episodes maintain this level of quality, it could be even more epic than motherfucking Dangan Rompa...!!

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I remember this game. This is a pretty good LP, too. Will wait for Future updates, this looks promising.

I have one Question for the OP: What Asian country is your Co-commentator from? She looks kinda Korean, but I'm not sure.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Is it fascism yet posted:

I remember this game. This is a pretty good LP, too. Will wait for Future updates, this looks promising.

I have one Question for the OP: What Asian country is your Co-commentator from? She looks kinda Korean, but I'm not sure.

You have a good eye! I was born in Seoul. :) But my parents moved to SoCal when I grew up. :)

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

I've been interested in playing this game for a while now, but a quality LP like this, is just as good! Keep it up OP.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
do the devs of this game have anything to do with SA? sure are a lot of stairs haha

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Prodigal T-REX posted:

do the devs of this game have anything to do with SA? sure are a lot of stairs haha

Hahah, I honestly don't know.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
I'll rate this a well-deserved 5.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Antichamber is a pretty epic game imo, but it would've been better with a joke about cake.

Good LP OP, bookmarked and voted 5.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
:pusheen:

I still haven't beaten the game, looking forward to your eventual success!

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I'm giving this a week, tops.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
This owns

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

k-flaps is a girl???? :wth:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Ah, so this game is basically one of those 'SCP-087' things, Lowtax and Schmorky letsplayed, where you walk down an 'ooh scary' stairwell forever and nothing interesting ever happens?

Just kidding, I've seen the video LP of this game in the puzzle games thread a while ago.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Corridor posted:

k-flaps is a girl???? :wth:

You have a neat pill next to your name. Can I have the pill?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Suspicious Dish posted:

You have a neat pill next to your name. Can I have the pill?

Let's Play Superstars only!

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

I AM BRAWW posted:

Let's Play Superstars only!

When is the update coming? This is taking looooooong.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This should be fun

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
:siren:EPISODE 2: EXIT:siren:

Read me!

So me and K.Flaps had a small argument and due to that she won't be appearing for this episode. Instead, I've got my two friends Widestancer, who is generic asian looking woman in the red dress and WindmillSlayer who is a little more camera-shy.

In the spawn black room, we can see how much time we have left and other poo poo.

To the right is the map, and we can teleport to the puzzles if we get stuck. So, I went back to were we were last time.

So we start back where we left off, stuck in the hallway with the red and blue staircases.

I finally realized after an extra 15 minutes or so, all you had to do was walk backwards when you went down a staircase, and proceeded to the next area.

I walked through a really trippy hallway that had circles of every colour. It was rad.

Mhm, sure, video game. At this point it told me to press ESC so I did and went back to spawn. All that running around was actually just to end up in a dead end :downs:. Epic.

I tried a couple more side-paths but most of them were locked and blocked off.

Most of them except for one :getin:, I jumped down and was sprung back up to another red-ish side path.

Back to this loving thing again, but instead of attempting to jump across I just walked across. Success, hell yea. The floor appeared if you walked slowly across. Easy as gently caress lol.

In the next area, there were three hallways. To the front we had a clock that slowly spelt F E L I (:confused: didn't get this puzzle) so I went to the right, which was a door that shut down whenever I looked down the hallway.

I was kind of stuck until Widestancer (who has a high IQ or something) told me I should just not look at the door. That didn't really make sense so I walked backwards anyway and got through the door.

I didn't really get this until I went back and read the small black poster that said something along the lines of Take steps back to go forward, so I looked through the hole while in the red room and then backed up and ended up in a blue room, and proceeded onwards.

I don't know what the gently caress is up with that.

I walked through a dark hallway for a bit.

Ended up in a dark room with a door and this thing in the back, so duuhh I did the same thing I did last time with this thing and looked through the middle and stepped backwards, after taking a bite of my hamburger.

I got a blue assault rifle and then we got to the exit??

I finally finished the game. Hell yeah. Pretty neat puzzle game, overall.

Thanks, again, to Widestancer and WindmillSlayer for being my guest commentators for this episode. I had fun and hope you guys did too!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Not only did I have fun but the sex afterwards was amazing.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
thats a p short game for the price

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

I enjoyed this lets play but I think you should suggest some reading music here is an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zosDJeu3-FI

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
whoa, i was sorta expecting this LP to be longer. Still a good run. I like the sense of fun and excitement your LP brings.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Good stuff fellas, you really captured the spirit of the game in this LP. Think you'll do the New Game+ mode?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That wassa wild ride!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

That wassa wild ride!!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Thanks for showing us this game, I AM BRAWWW, and thanks for an excellent LP.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Nice, epic, I like it, where do I subscribe to your blog.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
decent LP, would read again

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Glad you guys liked it, thanks for the nice comments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindmillSlayer
Oct 16, 2013

I'm single, by the way. PM me.

• Locked thread