Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
an old issue of timber maniacs

....................NOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
what did squall do after rinoa floated away into space?

griever

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
When squall fell in love with rinoa he was on CLOUD FFIX!

three layers to that one

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
renzokuken

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A picture of black squall and it says Urban Squall although that would probably be too racist. Farewell.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Skilleddk posted:

renzokuken

renzocucken

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

I was thinking Squall might be a better character as a girl but then I remembered FFXIII has Lightning and it didn't work out

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Squall Five Rares

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

I was thinking Squall might be a better character as a girl but then I remembered FFXIII has Lightning and it didn't work out

wasn't she supposed to be a female cloud strife or something

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
they said that but she's really nothing like Cloud except at a very superficial level as far as I can tell

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
she's actually a lot like eu cloud, lots of huffing and being reticent

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in the original japanese she was a lot angrier but they changed that for the US because ???

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The White Dragon posted:

she's actually a lot like eu cloud, lots of huffing and being reticent

eu cloud isn't the real cloud

the real cloud says goofy poo poo like "Let's mosey"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud is boring and stupid and the only personality he has is a result of translation errors.

Interesting trivia: In the world of FF8, the "better Nate than Lever" joke ends "better Fujin than Raijin" and it doesn't make any sense.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cloud is boring and stupid and the only personality he has is a result of translation errors.

he has a certain degree of personality by virtue of the fact he starts the game batshit insane, at least

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

he has a certain degree of personality by virtue of the fact he starts the game batshit insane, at least
He's not even the fun kind of crazy.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
unreliable narrator is something almost never used in video games and despite its many flaws I think FF7 deserves some props for doing it

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I can't hear the punchline my loving Rumble Pack(tm) is too god drat loud GOD drat IT

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

He's so deranged he thinks he's an elite soldier and it gives him retard strength.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He's so deranged he thinks he's an elite soldier and it gives him retard strength.

this is also the plot of silent hill homecoming

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Endorph posted:

in the original japanese she was a lot angrier but they changed that for the US because ???

We frown upon media where women show emotion.

This is also why people like Squall.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

I only played the japanese version (cause I know japanese lol) and yeah she was pissed off about a lot things, particularly blonde surfer dude, dunno how it compares to the english version though, but she was basically a tough no nonsense soldier chick

I thought FF13 was ho-hum, mostly due to the extreme linearity, but the only character I really hated was Hope the angsty teenager

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
blond surfer dude seemed like a total moron from what I saw so I can't blame her

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

blond surfer dude seemed like a total moron from what I saw so I can't blame her
FFXIII's cast really is just FFVIII's, isn't it? Zell is Snow, Selphie is Vanille, Squall is Lightning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

FFXIII's cast really is just FFVIII's, isn't it? Zell is Snow, Selphie is Vanille, Squall is Lightning.
fang is nobody because she's actually a good character

same with sazh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Sazh has a bird in his hair. Waka waka!

Then it turns out there's a tragic backstory why. The biggest anime

• Locked thread