Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Hello Alaska Goons! I was born up there! Not in an igloo, though. And my parents only went up there to live for a year and then came back to New York (I hate New York, it's terrible). I have an awesome picture of my mom standing on the porch of their house looking over this gorgeous view near Fairbanks. I keep thinking I should go back and see some stuff but don't know what I would do - cruise? Hike/camp? Charter flights?

But yeah, so. Where in the state are your favorite places? What do you recommend visitors to your massive and beautiful state do first? Other than check out an igloo, of course.

Also, I just read an article about RAPE CULTURE in Alaska. Is this a thing anyone has any firsthand experience with? What do you think about Alaska being portrayed as full of terrible drunken natives who beat their wives and daughters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
:psyduck:

And I thought PA and its blue laws were hosed up.

Thanks for the cruise advice. I'll look into it! I think it'd make a kickass anniversary trip some year.

• Locked thread