Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I feel like we do share a lot in common culturally, but I'd also say we identify strongly as Alaskans first and Americans second, since we get an impression of extreme ignorance about Alaska ^see igloo based inquiries above. A lot of things I see on TV or in movies I couldn't relate to but we definitely have strong cultural ties and are greatly influenced by music and fashion down there. Much more so in the cities of course but I have heard Native rappers singing in their tribal languages.

How well do the native Alaskan languages hold up with rap? I've heard some Lakota raps, and well...mad props to the artists, because Lakota (or really, anything non indo-european) is not a language designed for rap. What language family are the native alaskan languages in, for that matter? I imagine they're closer to native russian languages than lower-48 native languages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread