Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Antivehicular posted:

On that subject, if it's not too meta for an Ask/Tell thread: what's the stupidest question a non-Alaskan has ever asked you about living in Alaska? Mine was probably the afternoon in eighth grade where some kid spent the entire bus ride home from school naming fast-food restaurants and asking if we had those in Alaska. The revelation that, yes, we had McDonald's, but no, we didn't have Runza (and what the christ is a Runza?) seemed strangely unsatisfying to her.

I don't like to get in the way of REAL ALASKA talk because I'm a city slicker, but no one out of the state knows the difference, so I've managed to convince people we keep a stable of riding bears for the daily commute and that the reason I always wore my sunglasses wasn't because i'm a douche but because my alaskan eyes weren't acclimated to daylight. Sunlanders, am I right? :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I think my favorite was the time I picked up a pair of german backpackers hitching back from Girdwood, and while making small talk I mentioned the termination dust was coming down early this year. They exchanged worried looks and asked if we could pull over at the next place that might have breath masks.

• Locked thread