Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Q. So that means you're an Eskimo?

A. Nope, Aleut is a different tribe, different language. Feel free to go to Europe and call the Germans French though.

Q. So have you ever slept in an Igloo?

A. Out of all the stereotypes that my people have inflicted upon them, this is one of the most prevalent. We battle constantly against what seems like a never ending tide of ignorance and prejudice brought about by poorly researched television and books and it is an insult upon our culture and people to even ask us this question, to which the answer is yes.

Q. So do you speak Aleut?

A. Not really, had a son of bitch from Alabama manage to ask me if my parents sent me a bottle of shoe using Yup'ik terms though. I do know a bit about languages and lore it's not like how its shown on TV, that's for sure. Honestly watching how television portrays Alaska and our way of life made me distrust it growing up.

I was visiting him, as you can see I look lily white, it's pretty awesome because white people get really weird about minorities using their bathrooms or being around in general.

:allears:

You sound lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Not gonna lie, I like nice bathrooms and after hanging out with a Black friend and a Latino friend in Bellevue I've learned to appreciate the social benefits my skin tone gets me. Also really happy I'm Native Alaskan and not lower 48 Native American. I mean, yeah in order to prevent the Japanese from putting Aleuts in internment camps during WWII they shipped all the Aleuts off to internment camps in the woods. Then they didn't give them enough supplies since as Indians, we'd naturally be able to live off the land. Aleuts are fishermen and the amount of fish we found in the woods was significantly less than we had grown accustomed to. So the population of Aleuts went from roughly 4,300 before WWII to 2,800 afterwards and the Japanese killed like, sixty of us. Oh and if you didn't have white friends when you got sent off to the internment camp your property got everything stolen off of it. Luckily my Grandma had been adopted by a White family so when she survived the camp she got to go back home her stuff was still around.

tldr: I am sincerely thankful that I look white.

I was calling you out on being an rear end in a top hat and hostile, not for being white.

• Locked thread