Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That and I can get away with calling people "sunlanders" and nobody calls me out on it.

Aren't you the one from the land of the 24 hour sun? It gets dark here every night :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Oh man I've never heard of ice rush gathering, that sounds super freaky.

Chiming in to say I've watched a doco that had this stuff happening too. As someone who has done a bit of exploratory limestone caving I can tell you gently caress that noise.

The idea of having a cave that will trap you from escaping with the water rising to cut you off, the roof above you melting to cut you off and / or just straight up getting lost and dying down there left me with sweaty palms just watching it.

In the doco I watched this guy was the only one left in his tribe who still did it because it was too crazy for everyone else.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I think my favorite was the time I picked up a pair of german backpackers hitching back from Girdwood, and while making small talk I mentioned the termination dust was coming down early this year. They exchanged worried looks and asked if we could pull over at the next place that might have breath masks.

I'd be pretty freaked out too if someone said that. Just had to Google it before finding out you just meant first snowfall. Belting along the road with a random who just picked me up would have made that a bit harder.

• Locked thread