Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

There's just something about it. I lived in Juneau for a year and would give just about anything to go back. It's paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I don't know, I dug it. I had a gig doing home inspections for insurance companies, so I got sent a few other places in AK on business - Sitka was similarly gorgeous, but Anchorage was just enh. Juneau was PERFECT.

Holy gently caress the beer. Sweet jesus piss the BEER. I'll suck whatever you put in front of me for a couple 12-packs of Alaskan.

edit to add: A bunch of the locals preferred to drink Rainier, and that was a BAFFLEMENT. Why would you drink that bullshit when you could be drinking Alaskan. Good gently caress.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Make friends with someone who lives on the islands, their houses are cool as hell and have amazing views. Sitka is amazing and has a few surprisingly great restaurants.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Evil Sagan posted:

I don't know where you live, but odds are good I'd gladly trade you. You can take the constant rain and the lack of decent restaurants and the one-road bar scene and all the lovely Alaskan beer you want.

Just north of Washington DC. Almost as expensive to live in, but nowhere near as gorgeous. The closest we have to decent beer is Yuengling, which is serviceable enough, but it ain't no Alaskan.

Still wanna trade? Because I can start packing right now...

• Locked thread