Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
don't get me wrong it's fun to gently caress around and listen to the talk radio but after a few hours it gets old and i guess there's a story or something but who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don't know.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i did once but i was like 16

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i never beat gta1 because its a pain in the backside. never got past the second level of san andrras. couldnt sustain interest to go through the labour of finishing the level

the ones from 3 onwards are piss easy to complete though so i completed them except san andreas because i cant be hosed to play that thing. i think most of the time i spent in that was standing on top of a taxi trying to see how long i could stay up there

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I almost finished GTA2 but we didn't have a memory card and my brother turned off the playstation overnight

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've 100%'d Vice City, San Andreas, IV (+TLaD and TBoGT) and GTA V. I have beaten the story of 3, 2 and Chinatown Wars. Couldn't finish Vice City Stories though.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I almost finished GTA 3 but one of the last missions where you need to drive to all 3 parts of the game world pissed me off enough that I quit then and there.

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Finished San Andreas, 4 and 5.

Still don't know why I bothered with 4 and 5.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i beat 4 and 5 and thats it. p hosed up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I also beat 4 I believe.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i beat vice city, 4, and 5. i have no idea why i beat 4, considering i hated it

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the bestest thing to do in gta 4 is to make chain reaction explosions, youve got to get a car and smash it up then if it breaks down without getting on fire youve got to go steal another one then crash it into it, eventually you'll get a car on fire then you've got to take the fire to a good choke point where lots of cars will be in a traffic queue unable to escape, then gaet out of the car before it blows!if you do it that way you dont get in trouble with the cops and get to watch an endless horror show of ppl geting burned alive

also i got the cheevo for however many cars in 10 seconds by taking a truck into a tunnel and powersliding it sideways so it blocked up the whole tunnel, then throwing a half a dozen grenades into all the cars, there was such a massive explosion

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
basicaly that's the whole game

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
yea i finished 5 op

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Everyone i know just uses the spawning cheats and gently caress around in the city. Mostly doing tricks and raging war against the p i g s and other gangs

I dont know anyone who gave a rats rear end bout the story

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Abandon posted:

the bestest thing to do in gta 4 is to make chain reaction explosions, youve got to get a car and smash it up then if it breaks down without getting on fire youve got to go steal another one then crash it into it, eventually you'll get a car on fire then you've got to take the fire to a good choke point where lots of cars will be in a traffic queue unable to escape, then gaet out of the car before it blows!if you do it that way you dont get in trouble with the cops and get to watch an endless horror show of ppl geting burned alive

also i got the cheevo for however many cars in 10 seconds by taking a truck into a tunnel and powersliding it sideways so it blocked up the whole tunnel, then throwing a half a dozen grenades into all the cars, there was such a massive explosion

i did this in all of the ps2 gtas. i wanted to see how long i could get that chain explosion going.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

iv ebeet 3, vice city, and san andreas and maybe im too old or the games just got too self serious but holy poo poo if i have to drive a garbage truck/car/speedbike across town again without getting it damaged gently caress you rockstar.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
they call it GTA IV because you need an IV of drugs to beat it!!!!!!

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
tried to but went bowling instead

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

I stopped playing gta after the fiftieth scripted car/motorcycle/foot chase where you can't damage the target until they reach the designated destination

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i opted to kill the crazy redneck drug addict guy at the end in gta5 whatever the gently caress his name was

the not-rich white guy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i have a horrible confession not only did i beat chinatown wars but i have a save file at the beginning of the game where i completed all the minigames and unlocked all the bonuses so i can keep them when i play through it again

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I really liked Vice City and San Andreas so I beat those

also that was when I had free time for loving around in stupid sandbox games for hours on end

no lie I would probably play an updated/redone vice city though

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

yes

kill you are self
Jun 17, 2005

pa rum pum pum pum
i beat eggs

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Vice city stories is the only one I've actually beaten

I beat saints row and 100%ed sr2 though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i ran through the vice city story once and didn't give a poo poo so now i just have a save w/ a garage of pcj-600s and i ride around listening to vrock or vcpr doing stunts

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

memy posted:

100%ed sr2 though

jesus

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

beat III, Vice City, and IV, IV was so far up its own rear end it was incredible

Noose Induce posted:

they call it GTA IV because you need an IV of drugs to beat it!!!!!!

lol owned

Injun Greenberg
Sep 14, 2011
gta 5 was the best game on the 360.

except maybe dark souls

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I beat GTA 3 as a teenager and a few years later I beat 1 & 2 but they were very different to play. I tried playing 5 recently but I found it boring so maybe I just grew out of it

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Benny D posted:

I beat GTA 3 as a teenager and a few years later I beat 1 & 2 but they were very different to play. I tried playing 5 recently but I found it boring so maybe I just grew out of it

you probably found it boring because of the ~~~realistic~~~ car physics

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
whose bright idea was to make the cars handle like sticky poo poo?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I got to the mission where Tobias had you shooting down RC helicopters and just lost interest in SA.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got to the final moment of 4 but kept missing the final motorcycle jump for like an hour forcing a mission restart so i said gently caress it and watched the ending online.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've only ever played the top down ones, and even then never touched the story

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
wasn't the latest one the most expensive game ever made or something?

lot of cost for such a mediocre game, but it sold like gangbusters

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GTA 5 is kind of awesome actually.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

No Such Thing posted:

I've only ever played the top down ones, and even then never touched the story

if the new ones had burp and fart buttons I wouldn't either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i beat SA, 4 (and the expansions) and 5. they were pretty cool. i liked how 5 let you choose your ending. i wonder how many people picked a bad ending and then got mad

• Locked thread