Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LaTex Fetish posted:

The animation was alright,

nice try troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cyber City Oedo is the only good cyberpunk anime, and only if you watch the dub.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LaTex Fetish posted:

Really cool cyberpunk show and I hope it doesn't turn to poo poo during the next 5 or so episodes.

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It gets dumber as it goes on and has no ending because one of the companies that co-owned it tried to sue the other company. I guess it's still watchable though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haven't seen it in years and the only thing I can remember about it is it had a guy on a bike, so pot luck, I guess?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Being complex and being nonsensical is not the same thing.

However, being the former isn't always a good thing and the latter isn't always a bad thing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Great Rumbler posted:

This can't be said enough. The English dub is rad as hell, because every other word is a four-letter swear. And it's just an all around cool show, because Yoshiaki Kawajiri is a guy who knows how to make b-movie anime better than just about anybody else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWqzumh8bpY :dance:

Kawajiri was legit the best schlock anime director of the 90's (though a couple of his movies got a bit rapey at times), it's a shame he hasn't directed anything since that weird Highlander anime move in like 2007.

Ninja Scroll actually made one of my friends feel physically ill when we first watched it in the mid-90's, my response was 'man, you should totally watch this' and made him watch Genocyber.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Genocyber seriously owns and I will defend it to the grave

The first episode of Genocyber is actually seriously good, it's creepy, surreal and depressing, it uses techniques you don't often see in anime, like cutting to live action for some bits. Episodes 2 and 3 are okay gorefest trash. Four and five don't exist.

For a laugh check out the Genocyber manga that was canned after one volume (if not less), it's the the the most generic shounen costume hero crap ever only with super gore.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 5, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dude couldn't understand Akira, don't make him watch Lain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Butt Ghost posted:

Something I've always wondered was if that stuff is actually funny to Japanese audiences, and there is a cultural boundary there, or if gags like that are equally unfunny everywhere.

someone sure sounds bitter about being short

• Locked thread