Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
PSO1 was also space Diablo made for the Dreamcast so it's got a lot of strange poo poo that would never fly in a free to play mmo in 2012.

Also if you think that Sega didn't release PSO2 because of some agreement about Steam in loving 2012 lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
You won't see any weapon specific attacks like the Lavis weapons had in pso1, they could probably do it by making a new PA that is baked into the weapon and never actually release the disc; but I don't think that would be that great of an idea anymore when they could open up the possibility of using said attack on any weapon of that type. Then again, there are still 14 and 15 star weapons down the line, so I'd say could still be too early to say the won't do something

Austere potential is really plain (heh), but the orbits have a neat dynamic about them for pp management. Not to mention we've been seeing a number of interesting potentials out of 12* weapons for a while now like lyndcray (Fo/Te/Bo -able sword with built in sacrifice bite and 1100 T-atk, pot boosts tech damage during sac bite buff by 25%) so I got some hope that we will see more pop up as time goes on

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the next sonic game is looking pretty realistic

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, this definitely settles it. Earth is the best planet.

EDIT: Whoa, is keep roll shoot what I think it is? Now you can charge PP with roll shooting even with WB? Wonder if there's any catch to that. Also love how launchers are still completely ignored.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 14, 2016

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

nerdz posted:

EDIT: Whoa, is keep roll shoot what I think it is? Now you can charge PP with roll shooting even with WB? Wonder if there's any catch to that. Also love how launchers are still completely ignored.

Yeah, it is. Though I'd say the big thing is that you can JA without wasting a bullet, which is very nice. Though I guess you do lose standing snipe but oh well, still incredibly useful for Ra/Hu.

E: Jumped over to ship 7 for my 3rd run of Elder which probably wasn't smart because there was only one mpa and we had to go in 8/12, but this happened so okay

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 14, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

nerdz posted:

You can dive roll shoot with launchers. And I use Jellen for PP save bullet and Galette Chocolat's potential, so...

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

You can dive roll shoot with launchers. And I use Jellen for PP save bullet and Galette Chocolat's potential, so...

lol, I'd say it would take way more than that to make launchers at least as good as gunslashes.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Cluster bullet and crafted divine launcher are good and better than gunslashes in a lot of mobbing situations

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

nerdz posted:

lol, I'd say it would take way more than that to make launchers at least as good as gunslashes.

Uhhhh.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Who asked for this solo XQ? Where did it come from? Did PSO2's camera system really needed more dirt thrown onto it?

SEGA may never know.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It wasn't meant to be a compliment to gunslashes, really

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Has anyone mentioned that the PSO anime is really, really bad? Because I just watched the 2 episodes that are out already and it is really, really bad

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

They actually put out a blog post recently that (supposedly) addresses those criticisms with what amounts to "wait and see the next couple episodes"

They also seem to be saying that new user registration is way up ever since the anime started airing which I have a bit of a hard time believing

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I really hope it goes batshit insane in the anime.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It is bad, but it sounds like the only complaint they addressed was the people who think it's just about how the game improves their lives or something; the "special effects" are horrible, and it looks like it will take a while until Phantoms start showing up

Also I've seen some new streamers pop up on twitch with stream titles to the effect of "I saw the anime so I wanted to play" :psyduck:

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 16, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched the second episode. The main character is about to do a mission and they just cut to after the mission was done (really? do you think this is where you should save on animation?). Then they went to watch a Quna's live show and they just blew the entire chapter's animation budget there. Seems like they have the same priorities as most PSO players!

Edit: Oh poo poo, the stream. They'll release spread needle as a weapon camo. Is nothing sacred anymore?

nerdz fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 17, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
wheres the varista

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

nerdz posted:

I watched the second episode. The main character is about to do a mission and they just cut to after the mission was done (really? do you think this is where you should save on animation?). Then they went to watch a Quna's live show and they just blew the entire chapter's animation budget there. Seems like they have the same priorities as most PSO players!

Edit: Oh poo poo, the stream. They'll release spread needle as a weapon camo. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Quna is an attractive and cool anime lady

they made the right decision

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Are you ready for fishing
https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/688641538302185472

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuVkNa5tuNE
we do get the return of henri though

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jan 17, 2016

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

nerdz posted:

Oh poo poo, the stream. They'll release spread needle as a weapon camo. Is nothing sacred anymore?

because they're totally going to make something as busted as spread needle to keep the ~sanctity~ of pso nostalgia

it was a popular gun

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

nerdz posted:

That rockbear looked loving awful.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

NextTime000 posted:

Are you ready for fishing

PSO2 Bass Fishing, yeeeaaaaaa.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Now just give a Crazy Taxi emergency trial.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I played the poo poo out of PSO1 with my siblings back in the day, is the English version of this game still awful and if so why?

also why is there an anime

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SEA is garbage still and forever will be, yeah. Though honestly playing the JP version with the English patches involves less hoops to jump through than SEA so if you really wanted that's always an option.

The story is acting as something of a (really bad) prequel to the Episode 4 story, and advertisement for the game which for some reason is working?

Also man for an episode titled "Reborn" they're really adding like the least of any Episode release so far.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The first thing I thought when I saw the fishing/mining was: oh great, more inventory clutter.

So there's really going to be only 3 different summoner pet models? What changes is just the baton? So basically everyone running with the same 3 models, this really sounds weird in a game where people can customize everything, and there's a shitload of weapon models.

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
maybe im just not anime jaded but i kind of love how inept the whole thing is. it's like yu-gi-oh except replace 'a children's card game' with 'a children's anime game'

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

nerdz posted:

The first thing I thought when I saw the fishing/mining was: oh great, more inventory clutter.

Don't worry we're getting 100 spaces to dump our rotting fish into

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

nerdz posted:

So there's really going to be only 3 different summoner pet models? What changes is just the baton? So basically everyone running with the same 3 models, this really sounds weird in a game where people can customize everything, and there's a shitload of weapon models.

You're probably not going to see all that many summoners after they stop being the new thing anyways. Its already been said that pets can't JA at all, losing them a 30+% damage multiplier. Unless pets naturally hit incredibly hard I can't see that working out well. That along with the fact that it can only use pets when Su is the main class and the vast majority of its skills are related to pets, it'll be a god awful subclass.

Also 300 slots (400 if prem) of storage per character will definitely help a lot with all that inventory poo poo

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nerdz posted:

Judging from the when they played tokyo with summoners you equip a baton as the normal weapon slot, but a pet goes into the basic attack slot on the PA pallet; and then you select pet PAs to fill in the other spots for that pallet slot

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

MR. J posted:

Now just give a Crazy Taxi emergency trial.

jet boot radio emergency quest, gives everyone all class boots with a potential like that squirt gun EQ

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

why do people care about stats in pso2, I mean with the english people that play this game

every other dude I examine in a thing has a alva katana +5 equipped on XH difficulty

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
grinding is hard :(

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

voltcatfish posted:

why do people care about stats in pso2, I mean with the english people that play this game

every other dude I examine in a thing has a alva katana +5 equipped on XH difficulty

I think you just answered your own question

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Because it's lovely when everybody in the group expects to be carried. Loser is an awful fight when three or four people die every time he swings a sword. I'm just glad that I had a lovely spear in my bag with mirage on it, or that fight would have taken even longer.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

This kind of gear would take extremely long amounts of time to get anything whatsoever done. The answer is they're being carried

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I mean in this situation my good weapon never makes much of a difference, but maybe I'm being too pessimistic

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

What kind of situation are you talking about

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Lots of people just end up running the important EQs with friends/teammates in order to get away from all that. Mostly. And yeah if there's no one with good gear at all nothing is ever going to get done.

Also on the very loose subject of miraging Loser, the all class double saber you get for 100%ing the 3-7 matter board is a huge life saver in pub loser mpas when there's nobody else throwing out zanverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Saagonsa posted:

Lots of people just end up running the important EQs with friends/teammates in order to get away from all that. Mostly.
Still sour over that TD4 when I 630'd huh? v:v:v

• Locked thread