Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Saagonsa posted:

Lots of people just end up running the important EQs with friends/teammates in order to get away from all that. Mostly. And yeah if there's no one with good gear at all nothing is ever going to get done.

Also on the very loose subject of miraging Loser, the all class double saber you get for 100%ing the 3-7 matter board is a huge life saver in pub loser mpas when there's nobody else throwing out zanverse.

I'll keep that in mind, but right now I'm just starting 3-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Oh yeah, I remember the days when everyone in the ship carried around a pair of Egg Blasters with Mirage I on them, and a pair of waterguns from burning rangers with Shock I.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MR. J posted:

Still sour over that TD4 when I 630'd huh? v:v:v

A bit. Meant that more of as a joke though

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Man Jackson has a very special message for all of you.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35543277/PSO2/rapture.ogg

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Not what I wanted but I'll take it anyway. It'll prove extremely useful since I have PP problems when using fist.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, not only did I miss the double MBDs, but gameguard just patched and doesn't like me anymore.
Thanks for being so specific about what the actual problem is np1013. :sigh:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Update your graphics drivers.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
People are speculating that Gameguard is now scanning for tweaker and it's related garbage. I haven't tried logging in since I'm playing es's emergency quest tonight but I could get in just fine using a no-launcher method to start the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is the theory I heard that the sea version was actively stealing translations from the Tweaker actually true or not

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

voltcatfish posted:

Is the theory I heard that the sea version was actively stealing translations from the Tweaker actually true or not

https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/2014/04/07/under-the-sea-extracted-names-from-pso2-sea/

Key point:

quote:

I made a mark against the pair of Vardhas listed because that name is precisely the one that the English Patch team came up with. While that could be coincidence, this has occurred before with enemy lists inside the data-mined alpha PSO2es client a while ago.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
yeah it looks like gamegaurd is actively looking for tweaker's files. even when I launched the game from the official launcher but left tweaker's files around I still got 1013'd.

after moving tweaker's files into a new folder elsewhere I seem to be running just fine.

My pso2_bin folder looks like this now fyi:

you can still manually download and install the english patches from here: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
there are also manual instructions for using pso2proxy that does not involve tweaker but I forgot where those were

EDIT: looks like you need to make a special .bat file to launch the game to keep the official launcher from overriding the English Patch
more info can be found here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231799

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 19, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

NextTime000 posted:

yeah it looks like gamegaurd is actively looking for tweaker's files. even when I launched the game from the official launcher but left tweaker's files around I still got 1013'd.

after moving tweaker's files into a new folder elsewhere I seem to be running just fine.

My pso2_bin folder looks like this now fyi:

you can still manually download and install the english patches from here: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206
there are also manual instructions for using pso2proxy that does not involve tweaker but I forgot where those were

EDIT: looks like you need to make a special .bat file to launch the game to keep the official launcher from overriding the English Patch
more info can be found here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231799

Wait, does it check on the entire computer or only on the folder? Because I don't run the tweaker on the same folder as my pso2 install.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nerdz posted:

Wait, does it check on the entire computer or only on the folder? Because I don't run the tweaker on the same folder as my pso2 install.

tweaker puts files into pso2_bin when you run it; you gotta remove those

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah Episode 4 is out next week so that means it will be time for a :siren:New Thread:siren:

I'll revise a bunch of stuff in the current op but I'd like to get new pictures for every race and every weapon type to replace the ones we got.

Thread title ideas are also welcome, but for now I'm leaning to Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4: I got a rock...

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4: 300 inventory slots, 300 rocks

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4: Photon & Dragons

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Well, take your pick.

All repurposed older pics, since I'm having simultaneous client and wifi problems.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

While the tweaker did update to bypass gameguard, I personally cannot see bypassing the security system to run a piece of software that was intentionally and specifically blocked ending in any good way.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
A race of utter incompetence between INCA Internet and AIDA will be vaguely funny to watch.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
To be completely honest, the entire english patch breaks so many eula and GG rules that it's a miracle that GG hasn't blocked it before.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

kirbysuperstar posted:

A race of utter incompetence between INCA Internet and AIDA will be vaguely funny to watch.
I'll be amused if it ends in a banwave across most of pso-w.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We've been brainstorming in IRC and come up with this possible image for launchers.

We think it summarises them pretty well.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

kirbysuperstar posted:

*INCA's letters begin shifting and turning to become "AIDA"*

poo poo

Dabir posted:

We've been brainstorming in IRC and come up with this possible image for launchers.

We think it summarises them pretty well.

Assault Rifle:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Whipped up some quick cast/hunter stuff. Use whatever one(s) you like.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I've just realized that I will forgive a lot of nonesense if they let Heavenly Fall work on the boss of Ep 4.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's been a while since I last played. So did they add any more crafted PAs or we will only have one per weapon? I really thought they would bring in new PA variations a bit quicker. Maybe any new ones coming with the new episode or they simply forgot that it's a thing that exists.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Phantasy Star Online 2 - Episode 4: The Phantom Menace

Probably an old joke by now, but whatever.

Either of the rock ones is also acceptable.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

nerdz posted:

It's been a while since I last played. So did they add any more crafted PAs or we will only have one per weapon? I really thought they would bring in new PA variations a bit quicker. Maybe any new ones coming with the new episode or they simply forgot that it's a thing that exists.

Nothing about that has been announced so far. I'd guess those are gonna come at the same time new PAs and ult Amdu do.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I'm actually extremely curious how rings will end up working, from the trailer it seems like they'll modify how certain things work for classes which could be kinda cool if it turns out to have some actual depth

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
gamegaurd updated and it stopped scanning for the tweaker :shobon:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hivac posted:

I'm actually extremely curious how rings will end up working, from the trailer it seems like they'll modify how certain things work for classes which could be kinda cool if it turns out to have some actual depth

Just from the looks of the trailer, it looks like the left rings will modify certain skills or give exclusive skills, while the right rings can give you the ability to use a skill that is not from your class? If that's the case, depending on the available right rings that could be incredibly interesting.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

The new OP needs some Drake.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Here's some force stuff if needed. Making compound techs look nice while at the same time trying to not get killed is not an easy task.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Even after banging my head against it, I still don't "get" Force. I don't know if it's me being in the mid-50s, my subclass being Techer, or using somewhat outdated weapons that I still have at +20, but I seem to do way less damage as a Force compared to any other class I've played in the game.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

A lot of techs, rafoie being the biggest offender, suck rear end if you aren't leveled/geared enough to be oneshotting things. Since you don't have compound techs your bossing is also probably going to be pretty weak, especially if you don't happen to have crafted ragrants and gimegid.

Also, currently Techer is by far the best sub for Force. PP restore, PP convert, territory burst, and the secondary elements along with element weak hit are far more valuable than the damage boost from /br or /fi is.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode 4 - We're literally in the stone age.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MR. J posted:

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode 4 - We're literally in the stone age.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Ep4- its 2028 and we're entering the 2nd Stone Age.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah if anyone has a good idea for a our in-game team flag I'd like to know, I just made a lovely grenade to fill in for now

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
A yellow box

With a grenade in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

NextTime000 posted:

oh yeah if anyone has a good idea for a our in-game team flag I'd like to know, I just made a lovely grenade to fill in for now

use my PSOatse symbol chat

• Locked thread