Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

It's a setup where male Imperial Guardsman have captured a female Eldar warrior and are about to rape her.

Includes tits, the guys looking excited, and the Eldar woman looking horrified.

It'd be a great piece if they removed everything rape related to it. Which is the entire thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

SRM posted:

This one?

I'm pretty sure I saw that Hello Kitty one when I still posted on Bolter and Chainsword in like 2007.

It's the Great Pumpkin Dreadnought Charlie Brown!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Can we all agree that said rape diorama never gets posted in this thread? Thanks in advance

adamantium|wang posted:

nooooooooooooooooooo

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

It's a setup where male Imperial Guardsman have captured a female Eldar warrior and are about to rape her.

Includes tits, the guys looking excited, and the Eldar woman looking horrified.

It'd be a great piece if they removed everything rape related to it. Which is the entire thing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
The colossally irritating thing about it, as evidenced by those pictures, is the wasted bloody talent. I'd give quite a lot to be able to paint with that level of skill, and that cockwad is wasting it on that bullshit.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If you removed the elf lady it would just be some guardsmen hanging out, one of them about to take a whizz

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
That last guy looks a bit like Shepard.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Phoon posted:

If you removed the elf lady it would just be some guardsmen hanging out, one of them about to take a whizz

Which would actually be a perfectly reasonable slice of Guard life, even if the whiz thing is still weird to portray in a diorama (less actively squicky though).

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Cataphract posted:

No guys, it's totally ok cause the Imperium are actually nazis, see. Now to start painting my Cu Clux Cadians, they like to lynch xenos.

We saw a lot of these shirts at NoVA. If taken out of context these shirts could be confused for something worse than a wargamers convention...

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A... metal band?

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Waci posted:

A... metal band?
No, but you're likely to get acquainted with a lot of skinheads if you wear that shirt around too often. Either the neo-Nazi kind or the SHARP kind. Your choice.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

WhiteOutMouse posted:

We saw a lot of these shirts at NoVA. If taken out of context these shirts could be confused for something worse than a wargamers convention...

Reminds me of the first time I saw someone wearing BOY of London

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I don't get it. I'm glad my non-work wardrobe mainly consists of milquetoast AE button downs from eight years ago.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
"Nipsters" (nazi hipsters) is a real life term. An actual term used in fashion, describing hipsters that are nazis and wear poo poo like that. People who walk around in badly fitted knitted sweaters, ironic trucker hats and swastikas printed on canvas bags, and want to kill all Jews while listening to vinyl records.

John Blanche ain't got poo poo against how bizarre our world can be.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Rar I'm a hungry hungry Dreadnought! So fierce!

"Oh hey Jeff hows it going?"
"HELLO BOB HOW ARE YOU?! WORKING HARD OR HARDLY WORKING?!
"Haha Jeff, you're such a joker..."

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Moola posted:

Rar I'm a hungry hungry Dreadnought! So fierce!

- Actual words spoken by photographer as he set up this picture

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

"Hey Brother Frankus, I errr, can't see where we are going???"

"YOUNG BROTHER TERRY, OUR PRIMARCH, IN HIS DIVINE WISDOM, DECREED THAT ALL OF OUR WHIRLWINDS MAY ONLY HAVE TWO VIEWPORTS ON THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. AND THOSE VIEWPORTS MUST ALWAYS BE POINTED UP TO THE SKY; SO THAT WE MAY BETTER OBSERVE OUR RIGHTEOUS ROCKET SALVOS!"

"Well should we maybe pop the hatch so I can see which direction I'm driving?"

"gently caress THAT BROTHER TERRY, ARE WE THE FIGHTING TIGERS OF VEDA OR ARE WE THE WORRYING COWARDS CHAPTER OF WORRYING NINNYS PERHAPS?"

"Well no but..."

"YOUR ASTARTEING TO MAKE ME ANGRY FRANK, NOW HIT THE loving GAS ALREADY"

**Final recorded transmission of the Fighting Tigers Whirlwind SABRE TooTH**

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Moola posted:

Dammit Moola this poo poo killed me.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Aren't all those tiger-striped marines supposed to be women?

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Credit where its due that white tiger thing is actually fairly effective camouflage, I have no idea what the silhouette of that thing is, it's just a formless blob.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

CyberLord XP posted:

Dammit Moola this poo poo killed me.

:laugh:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Colonial Air Force posted:

Aren't all those tiger-striped marines supposed to be women?

Yeah, nothing wrong with that though. Women != XY

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I've got no problem whatsoever with female marines. I do have a problem with the quality of the painting and modeling!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Moola posted:

"Hey Brother Frankus, I errr, can't see where we are going???"

"YOUNG BROTHER TERRY, OUR PRIMARCH, IN HIS DIVINE WISDOM, DECREED THAT ALL OF OUR WHIRLWINDS MAY ONLY HAVE TWO VIEWPORTS ON THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. AND THOSE VIEWPORTS MUST ALWAYS BE POINTED UP TO THE SKY; SO THAT WE MAY BETTER OBSERVE OUR RIGHTEOUS ROCKET SALVOS!"

"Well should we maybe pop the hatch so I can see which direction I'm driving?"

"gently caress THAT BROTHER TERRY, ARE WE THE FIGHTING TIGERS OF VEDA OR ARE WE THE WORRYING COWARDS CHAPTER OF WORRYING NINNYS PERHAPS?"

"Well no but..."

**Final recorded transmission of the Fighting Tigers Whirlwind SABRE TooTH**

Sad part is I've seen that army in person. It's just as poo poo as you'd expect from the pictures.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, nothing wrong with that though. Women != XY

Esser-Z posted:

I've got no problem whatsoever with female marines. I do have a problem with the quality of the painting and modeling!

I just meant in terms of the story of "Brothers" Frankus and Terry.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Colonial Air Force posted:

I just meant in terms of the story of "Brothers" Frankus and Terry.

Seriously Moola, get your poorly painted marine fanfic genders right.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Esser-Z posted:

I like that one goon who's so uncomfortable with nudity that he files off every single nipple from his chaos daemons.

Drill your bolters. File your nipples.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shallow posted:

A reminder that I started http://yourterriblehobby.com/ a while back for this sort of poo poo, terrible fanart, and other evidence of hams being terrible human beings.

It has some funny pictures but could you try not writing anything at all as comment?

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I once played against this army at a tournament... he based them with rice... which absorbed the PVA glue and went rancid... his army loving stank

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Please tell me that's not a fleshlight to the left of Hulk's fist.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Cataphract posted:

I once played against this army at a tournament... he based them with rice... which absorbed the PVA glue and went rancid... his army loving stank

Nothing about this image makes sense to me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Phoon posted:

Nothing about this image makes sense to me

I think Hippos would lean more Khornate, since they're territorial super-murderers

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Moola posted:

"Oh hey Jeff hows it going?"
"HELLO BOB HOW ARE YOU?! WORKING HARD OR HARDLY WORKING?!
"Haha Jeff, you're such a joker..."

I think those are made out of Voltron toys.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I remember stumbling across the Fighting Tigers of Veda when I was new to this hobby and even then I thought it was weird at best and hideous at worst. That being said, it fills me with a certain familiar warmth to still see those models popping up, painted no better than they were like a decade ago.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cataphract posted:

What is this even supposed to be? Why is there an Incredible Hulk doll? Why is rice haphazardly sprinkled everywhere? Wh:psypop:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Yeah something about that army evokes a real discomfort and visceral disgust so if he was going for like a Nurgle thing I guess he nailed it but probably not quite how he intended.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
May be the rice is supposed to be maggots?

Germ
May 7, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Please tell me that's not a fleshlight to the left of Hulk's fist.

Nah, I think he ran out of money for plastic hippos and decided he could just sculpt his own out of play-dough.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
It was a chaos daemon/csm army... the hulk was a daemon prince, the hippos were beasts of nurgle. each hippo was cut in half and the front and back were each made into a seperate model. The rice was indeed meant to be maggotty... it was just hosed it stank so bad

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013
Is it cheating to use miniatures that you've painted? Probably!

Do not use only a 1 brush to paint your miniature.

Maybe buy more than five colors of paint?

This one's okay, but the look on his face is like something out of a nightmare. "And after the Inquisitor gets through with you, I GET YOU ALL NIGHT TO MYSELF!"

This was before the invention of color, so this whole miniature was painted in black and white and only became color later.

DRYBRUSHING IS NOT BLENDING

"You shuldna done that ter the C'tan, he just a boy."

I literally did not know that matte varnish was a thing until around 2008, at which point miniatures like this suddenly started looking good and not so much like they just walked through a giant snail trail.

Happy ending: I got better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Darren MacLennan posted:

Happy ending: I got better.

I want one. Where can I buy these?