Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
It's a Reaper mini but I can't recall the name. Best thing about that guy is that there's a partially digested skeleton inside it's largest mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannibal Smiley
Feb 20, 2013
The Faceless Horror, from Reaper. Also available in Bones form.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Putting the "Ughhh" in "WAAAAUGGGHH"

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

SRM posted:

I'd have to see this one painted, but it actually seems kind of orky and also owns?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Pretty sure that is painted.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

There's no way that's painted

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I think this thread has destroyed my concept of a "lowest possible threshold" for painted models, then...

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

SRM posted:

Has anyone yet tried to make a Killa Kan out of a Coke Can?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

LuiCypher posted:

Has anyone yet tried to make a Killa Kan out of a Coke Can?

Pretty sure someone at my old college gaming group did that. That reminds me, I still have pictures of the "Rhinestone Tauboy" skimmer somewhere that I need to dig up. I remember it getting special feature for a while on that SA spin-off 40k forum that I don't even know if it exists anymore.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Sadly, yes:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

YF19pilot posted:

Pretty sure someone at my old college gaming group did that. That reminds me, I still have pictures of the "Rhinestone Tauboy" skimmer somewhere that I need to dig up. I remember it getting special feature for a while on that SA spin-off 40k forum that I don't even know if it exists anymore.

Unfortunately Eternity of War doesn't exist anymore.

I have a similar college gaming story. I played a Necron player who agreed to an 1850 point game. He brings out an army that for the most part is pretty standard, until he brings out his second Monolith. It isn't actually a Monolith, but a collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards taped together in a vague silhouette of a Monolith. I said we should play a 1600 point game instead.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

SRM posted:

I have a similar college gaming story. I played a Necron player who agreed to an 1850 point game. He brings out an army that for the most part is pretty standard, until he brings out his second Monolith. It isn't actually a Monolith, but a collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards taped together in a vague silhouette of a Monolith. I said we should play a 1600 point game instead.

That's probably the best use of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards short of kindling. You should congratulate the guy for getting rid of his old habits in a eco-friendly manner. Even if he is playing cheesebots.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SRM posted:

This guy sounds cool tbh.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Found this on the warmachine tactics forums.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
^ My Axe cleaves! It cuts! It slices! It dices!

Now watch me cut this child in two!

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
It's actually the opposite of that, Butcher is a lunatic murder machine with a soft spot for kids. In a they remind him of his daughter way, not the creepy grim'dark way.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Moola posted:

This guy sounds cool tbh.
He liked going to anime conventions because he'd get to take pictures of girls and "sometimes see their cooters" to use his words. I don't exactly miss playing against him.

SRM fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 5, 2014

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Sadly?

That's orky as gently caress.

Seriously, I'm genuinely unsure whether there's anything you CAN'T slap wheels, armour, guns and rivets on and make an orky as gently caress conversion out of.

Now watch someone prove me wrong VVVV

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

thespaceinvader posted:

Sadly?

That's orky as gently caress.

Seriously, I'm genuinely unsure whether there's anything you CAN'T slap wheels, armour, guns and rivets on and make an orky as gently caress conversion out of.

Now watch someone prove me wrong VVVV

Sometimes it's the little things like rivets that stop a crappy conversion from looking like this:

Too bad about the rules for 'em, but as a very basic walker the kan makes a pretty easy and fun conversion. Quite fancy the one with a dakkajet turret for a head.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

SRM posted:

He liked going to anime conventions because he'd get to take pictures of girls and "sometimes see their cooters" to use his words. I don't exactly miss playing against him.

I was going to defend his destruction of yugioh cards, but thanks for nipping that in the bud.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen: Blue Table Painting!

I mean it isn't horrible, but a commission job should be painted a lot neater than that. Honourable mention to the spotty gold on the fist shield and the blue looks like a crayon job.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

HiveCommander posted:

I mean it isn't horrible, but a commission job should be painted a lot neater than that. Honourable mention to the spotty gold on the fist shield and the blue looks like a crayon job.

This is a professional painting service? Christ, that's horrible by any standard.

I don't like making fun of poorly painted minis where you can tell that they were either done by kids or people new to the hobby. We all sucked rear end when we first started, and you have to produce a lot of crap before you get better.

But this is something somebody paid money to have done. That's downright shameful.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol, just gonna undercoat this thing black, a few solid colours on the rims and poo poo, aaaaaaaand done!

That'll be 300 bucks...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

HiveCommander posted:

If you had told me that was done by someone who was brand new to the hobby, who was really working hard on practicing their skills, I'd have said "very nice job, especially the freehand :)" (because freehand can be an absolute pain in the rear end to do, even for experienced painters).

From a professional company that offers this up as an example of a service they want people to pay for? That's downright disgraceful. :mad:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Nothing says "unleashing psychic might" like a bunch of goopy Space Marine helmets coming out of a Librarian's back:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

What on earth, why would you even, what is that supposed to, HUH?!??

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Are those supposed to be like, servo skulls or something?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Turn extra bits into a free Carnifex using one weird trick found by a gamer! Game stores hate him!

Moola posted:

lol, just gonna undercoat this thing black, a few solid colours on the rims and poo poo, aaaaaaaand done!

That'll be 300 bucks...

From what I remember of the Tampa Warmahordes scene, it'll probably get best painted in every tournament.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ignite Memories posted:

What on earth, why would you even, what is that supposed to, HUH?!??

He's casting the warp charge 3 power "Maelstrom of Jizz Hats."

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Nothing says "unleashing psychic might" like a bunch of goopy Space Marine helmets coming out of a Librarian's back:

I want to believe that this was made by some enthusiastic kid, but I know deep down that that probably wasn't the case. :smith:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Turn extra bits into a free Carnifex using one weird trick found by a gamer! Game stores hate him!

From what I remember of the Tampa Warmahordes scene, it'll probably get best painted in every tournament.

hosed up tiny fex.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

This is the tyranid scrunt equivalent

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Great Devourer, Eater of the Scrunts

The Scranid

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Chief Librarian Tigurius frowned. The Tyranid clearly knew he was there, but it made no move to attack him. Slowly, he reached out, straining his powers to brush the link that bound all Tyranids, seeking to divine its intent.

Kill...me...please...PLEASE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I hate to say it, but I actually kind of like this. It's a horrible unholy abomination against all things right and just in the world... but at the same time, it just works. A tiny ball of claws, teeth and hatred for all living things. That is a 30mm base it's on, right?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Is this the thing where the heroes are outnumbered so they stand back to back with two guns each and shoot at all the dudes only one of the heroes grew an extra set of arms and therefore has four guns?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Kaysette posted:

Is this the thing where the heroes are outnumbered so they stand back to back with two guns each and shoot at all the dudes only one of the heroes grew an extra set of arms and therefore has four guns?

I'm pretty sure it's a Dreadnought Centipede

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SRM posted:

That's sad because like a lot of the conversions here it's 40% of the way to being something cool. A grey knight techmarine levitating a bunch of tools while he's reparing something? Cool. A champion in lotus position floating while his force weapon is levitiated into a fighting pose? Cool. A bunch of flat painted helmets with uninked superglue blobs around a librarian? poo poo.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Please tell me this was in jest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They tended not to paint anything.