Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I've painted nude miniatures before, but that's taking it to a whole extra creepy level.

As I said in the warmahordes thread, that is a heroic scale pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Those Rhinos look like improvised armored vehicles you see in Syria or Ukraine.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

YF19pilot posted:

I think with Historicals, it's the need for a 'bad guy' and the fact that most historical players are interested in the equipment more than the ideology. Someone who walks into a FoW game with 2. SS Panzerkompanie is pretty innocuous. You actually have to talk to the person to figure out if they're some Nazi turd or someone who is fielding it for the sake of the historical value. (I only fielded German forces because my gaming group lost a lot of our German players, and because the owner was a power gaming dick who would field an army that my Italians were ineffective against.)

In 40k, there aren't any actual "space Nazi" factions, despite how the fluff describes one faction or another. There are fascist factions, yes, but none are out right Nazis. So, someone walking into a 40k match with an IG armored division modeled a little too exuberantly on, say, Peiper's Charge, it's quite jarring to say the least, and you know who you're dealing with right from the start.

(Not to say that the camo patterns used by the KTs and Panthers in Peiper's armored group wouldn't look good in 40k, but there's a difference between cribbing a livery and putting swastikas on everything).

e: I am a slow poster, posting slowly.

Also even real deal nazi poo poo had an aesthetic that said "nazi" without necessarily going all out with the swastikas.