Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Wow thanks for showing me the light *makes friends with tit painters*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

If some things that are commonly thought to be bad are thought by some people to be good then nothing is bad so speeding isn't bad and officer you'll find I'm free to go *vvrooommmm*

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Is that intentional or was he going for just an infected pustule sort of look that failed? Because if not... imagine playing against the guy with the poo army. Imagine that guy.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Hauki posted:

I have this vivid memory from when I was like six of some kid throwing up in the middle of class and it was this puddle of ochre goo filled with whole undigested corn kernels. I imagine this is the same kid, or at least someone else who still has that same image stuck in their head.

kids throwing up candy corn around Halloween ahahahah I know this

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Uhhhh

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

JcDent posted:

excuse my 4chan, but lulwut?

You're going to have to go through life now as an unexcused man. I'm so sorry.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Then you are likely a pidgeon.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

FAROOQ posted:

Urgh going to battle in a full length skirt.

Maybe my standards have dropped so low I've lost all sense of context and rationality but if there isn't copious amounts of flesh and the armor/clothing appears to at least KIND OF offer some kind of actual protection it gets a pass.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Zereth posted:

Same way I got things at that age:

Pestering their parents.

If my kid is or wants to do painting or something mechanically engaging I just loving buy it. Who cares. I'd rather buy my kid an army of overpriced plastic that actually excites him, let's him be in a community of peers and exercises a bit of thought blah blah then buy some slightly newer phone or laptop or whatever for myself before I really need it. I'd imagine a lot of other lower-middle class parents would to. They're so happy when they make something :)

Even if it looks like hot garbage animal poo poo that died of ugliness and went to art hell which is almost all of it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

Better to literally buy your kids heroin than anything from Genes Workshop.

I mean you're supposed to be the parent, protecting them from harm, but instead you're an enabler.

Thank christ there is a staggering amount of people who buy poo poo, never paint it, get mad and sell it second hand.

It's like buying one of those super cute dogs that's bred unethically from a rescue. Best of both worlds. (In this metaphor the weird social issues of the warham community is represented by the health issues of buying a pug)

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

If I was at a hobby shop and I even saw someone looking at a magazine with that poo poo I'd cover my son's eyes, throw him over my shoulder and run out the door.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Inquisitor Margret Thatcher is amazing. Some of her real life quotes work so well with this:

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."

"If you want to cut your own throat, don't come to me for a bandage."

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That looks more Martha Stewart or Helen Mirren.
Were it Thatcher shed have a power-nose.

It has all of her infernal authority and insidious presence I can't see anything else.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, if you look at like, Mage Knight miniatures, the paint jobs are preeeeeeetty awful. Because its sweatshop labor painting in a hurry.

My wife always plays the blood sorcerer lady and gets pissed off because it's like someone applied her makeup with the makeup shotgun from the simpsons. She's wanting to learn how to paint models just so she can fix it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

That scrunt looks like a dad

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Lol I just can't be mad at that it's so silly

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Hate

Hate

Confused

Oh papa

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Brinty posted:

This is good and cute, I just wish I could feel it Mr. Dreadnaut, I'm sorry for failing you and feeling bad about my own plastic mans, even the ones I put lots of efforts into.

Insecurity can foster self improvement. Never feel complete or you'll never change. Self care doesn't mean over assessing your wanting qualities! -Helbrute of the stream

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I still don't like that they're centaurs

Yeah, it's weird.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

I assumed it was some sort of horrible rape joke and it was supposed to be chloroform.

:shrug:

Really?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Baron Snow posted:

Banana Knight

How much

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Triple-Kan posted:

I'm mainly mad because that wouldn't MAKE your fingers pink. Why would you think this.

He was eating Neapolitan ice cream what's the problem

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Wtf why is this cringy poo poo on that actual gw page? I just want some familiars.

Spoilered for naked I guess

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

LordAba posted:

I swear to god it was just painted red (with no nipples or pubic hair) before.

Torso length head having catesque wonky titted cringe badnude poo poo poo poo poo poo but maybe just maybe if we painted it flesh tones?!?!

NAILED IT.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Are they made out of peanut shells?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

this is actually the best raging heroes model

*gasp*

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I'm actually working on fluorescent harlequins right now. I've gone through a dozen color schemes, but I've got them pretty close to where I want them.

Please drop some photos, I've been laboring over the same thing with mine and am deeply unsatisfied.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

I always suspect with that kind of thing that someone has bought or made a really rough resculpt, and this is just a way of disguising it. Mostly because I can't imagine anyone buying a FW model for what, £75 these days? Then mangling or concealing it completely.

I've seen really similar models on Ebay to the point it must be the same artist for 500-600ish dollars unpainted.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I think it's great.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Hedningen posted:

The flamingo is a pretty basic shape

Circle, square, oblate spheroid, flamingo, triangle, octagon...

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I know scrunt-spotting nurglings is cheating but lol this guy

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

They spent so long figuring out whether they could, but not enough on whether they should... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/akarodice/pony-bowl-team-fantasy-football/description

I don't understand this website, how do I take money away from a project?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Trying to think of a list of GW models that would not be improved by the addition of luxurious beards and coming up blank.

I'm imagining an army of the most problematic, cringy slanesh models, all with big luxurious beards.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Lol why

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007