Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wait wait wait

are you telling me there's a victoria's secret convention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh
oh of course, it all makes sense now

it's like seeing the arrow in the fedex logo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so basically, grognards don't wear fancy expensive underwear

...that tracks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A thousand thundering thrills await me
Facing insurmontable odds gratefully
The female of the species is more deadly than the male

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Robot Girlyman making Girlymarines would be 100% on-brand, given the land raider (invented by a guy named Land) etc. etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah drat that's an average of over $300 per pledge
buncha whales

anyway I rarely do this because chat is OK everywhere, but let's please recall that this is the unspiration thread and not the industry thread, and on that note

Winklebottom posted:

another entry for the ol' "please don't use real animal parts for your miniatures"

thanks for some proper miniatures unspiration, I hate it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IMO yeah go ahead and dip your dudes in housepaint out of spite if you're mad at the shop for demanding all your guys be painted. I can appreciate a good spite house, spite fence, and spite warhammer army. I'd rather police behavior at the table like whether you're a jerk, try to cheat, show up for your game on time, smell awful, or are not-so-secretly a nazi enthusiast. Whether/how-well you painted your army sorta matters for MY IMMERSION I guess, but it's like 14th down on the list of reasons I want or don't want to play with you, somewhere behind "doesn't roll dice properly so it looks like they barely tip out of your hand and it sorta looks like you are intentionally trying to cheat even though you're not doing it very well" and maybe just ahead of "looks at your phone every 30 seconds, ok it's not your turn right now but still."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

alg posted:

It is OK to play unpainted by yourself or with friends who want to play unpainted. To me it is disrespectful to people who put lots of time and energy into painting their minis, even when many of them don't even like doing it, to bring unpainted minis to a table to play in a community or a club.

I respectfully disagree

I would love to play this guy

just my view, it's OK we don't have to agree

darkwasthenight posted:

I think we should level the field and all go back to 2e proxy dreddnaut standees personally.

But nicely painted ones.

Absolutely owns

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright. I contributed to it so I hope this doesn't come off as hypocritical, but yes, let's move on from this topic, as it's really not the right thread for it but I'm right and you're wrong nyah

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

from the warhammer: old world facebook group:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's not even bad to have a kink, it's just a bit creepy to present your kinks to your random warhammer opponents down at the ol' game store you know, kinda surprise hey look here's all my boobs minis, does not tend to make for a good vibe for a game group that maybe doesn't want women to immediately leave due to all the sweaty locker room energy

if you wanna lovingly paint and then stare at your boob minis at home or with consenting adults that's a-ok with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

because it's a tentacle dripping with goo dangling from the decrepit rafters of a space hulk by the gentle yet piercing grip a thousand tiny claws