Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Most likely to see them in Juves first according to the designer I spoke to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

gender illusionist posted:

Maybe the fluff is loving dumb?

Every faction could have the same fluff, units, models and rules. No one would play that game though.

There's nothing inherently wrong with factions having distinct and clearly defined differences. There's nothing inherently wrong with a faction represented on the table by a single gender.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Yeah, the game where exactly one third of the range revealed so far (and half the models in the box) is women, and not creepy cheesecake women at that, is a fair target for diversity criticism. In this hobby. Totes.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 3, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fathis Munk posted:

WTF is it with all the GW apologists recently?

GW 'apologists' aren't actually a thing on SA. There's people who like GW products and complain about legitimate grievances, and then there's the pathological sadbrains who can't shut up about GW being some sort of physical embodiment of evil, and soil every tangentially related thread with their lackwit werreting.

See this example:

SiKboy posted:

Or, and consider this for a second, maybe they have a reasonable and not particularly controversial point, one faction and only one faction having women is exactly tokenism like they said, and you are having a hysterical meltdown over someone having a different opinion of one aspect of toy army mans from a widely acknowledged Bad Company, and you need to stop following them around screaming and flailing wildly because it makes you look like a loving mentalist. I mean, I'm just thinking out loud here.
Wherein he's prattling on about how the evil 'Bad Company' is indulging in tokenism in a game where 50% of the released models are women.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I can't be bothered to get a smooth solid colour here, here, or here. Now let me spend hours painting this mural. Oh, now I'm bored with that as well. Sod finishing the wings, I'll just do the tits.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Milotic posted:

Flash gits (of which typically tend to be from the Bad Moon tribe) is a British perjorative for anyone who flaunts their wealth. Think Essex wideboys, “loadsamoney,” “considerably richer than yao”. It’s not a race thing, it’s an economic/social class thing, dating from the 80s, and we’ve always been OK with that in Britain. I have a “loadsateef” clan I’m slowly working on - base colour is red though as eff trying to do yellow.

Yeah, it's loving weird to overlay race onto the Orks. They are really specific versions of British societal dregs from the 80s and 90s. From football hooligans to Essex boys. Combat 18 style Neo Nazis, and Boy Racers through to Braveheart Neds. All wrapped up in the trappings of punk culture.

mango sentinel posted:

The ascent of Disco and Blaxsploitation were concurrent. The animal print feels like a big tell that it's copying pimp tropes and not exclusively disco.

It's an Ork in awesome, awful, exaggerated period garb. That's all it is. Have a cup of tea.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ilor posted:

EDIT: It's all about context. You don't punch a Shingon Buddhist in the face for "wearing a swastika."

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, I'd assume the majority of people would think it was just yet another skull and crossbones and not recognize it as a nazi symbol.

The context is a wargaming hobby. That combined with the fact it really isn't a traditional skull & crossbones and we're well into the realm of looking and quacking like a duck.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I honestly thought they'd say "woah we didn't realise what that was, no offense". Maybe a thanks for the heads up at most. Not pissy defensiveness.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hauki posted:

the fact that it’s coincidentally placed on a red and white shield further calls into question that defense

What does red and white signify? I'm not particularly au fait with white supremacist symbology

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This one just looks like the skull has hosed up little deformed feet on the side of it's head.

Considering they spent centuries working on variations of the skull and crossbones, they were terrible at drawing them.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

The Sex Cannon posted:

I fully want to talk about this stupid bullshit on the show. Maybe even do some dramatic readings in my Reece voice.

I am 100% down to clown on this dumb piece of poo poo.

Please be sure to give me an appropriately lovely voice when you read my instigating post. If possible, both sweaty and breathy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Floppychop posted:

Apparently rat-tits are a thing for some people.

Too. Many. Dicks.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Foolster41 posted:

I've been using reaper figures for the Lord of the Rings Strategy game, because they're a lot cheaper and F giving GW money.

You are so edgy and cool. I would like to be your friend.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Two Beans posted:

Yes, allowing for easy laundering without rubber soles thumping around in your washer/dryer.

I have a pair of the Mark of Tzeentch shoes. poo poo's dope, fam.

You do you. Live your best life.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They still have some resin models I believe, but it is definitely being phased out. The only new resin models Citadel make are occasional limited edition items.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
What did you think the tiles were flocked with?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Saint Drogo posted:

humans and elves just can't build an asscannon for poo poo, it better be an authentic chaos dwarf one.

the scrotum kinda kills it for me. but i'd still replace that metal cannon with the more suitable candidate from the pyrovore kit

Do you know if that's a GW paintjob? That's the best version of that scheme I think I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Bobby Fingers is incredible and I wish he he were able to release videos more frequently.