Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

The icing on the cake here is the :filez: army book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

BeigeJacket posted:

Blue Table could be producing mega armies of Golden Daemon level masterpieces, but Id never know because the guy who runs the place creeps me the gently caress out so much I never get more than 30 seconds into one of their videos.

Thought it was just me...

That "Hey hey hey blue table fans" just creeps me out as bad as anything in the AUG thread.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

No he's not. Another commission service has offered to bring the army up to spec.

Their touched up mini on the left, BTP on the right.

He's pursuing legal action against BTP and has tried using a credit card chargeback to get a full refund. The bank has advised BTP to settle independently and they have refused. He has also hired a lawyer to recover payments, if BTP continue to refuse to refund him.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

quote:

I too have been burned by BTP. They painted 40 Witch Elves and a Hydra at lv 3 at the cost of well over 1.5 grand US if one includes import fees and the result was a disaster. a quarter of the models were flat out broken on delivery, pointing to poor packaging, all the legs and the non flesh tone (gloved) arms were just flat black primer, no highlights at all, the gold was one gold colour, again no depth or highlights, the hair was not what I asked for, and the flesh appears to be drybrushed rakarth flesh over brown, giving it an inconsistent, grainy and flat out ugly appearance. Parts of models like the breast, shoulder or an entire hand were left unpainted, meaning left with the dark brown basecoat showing. They also didnt bother to send the command group, or the parts for it despite discussions on how the regiment was to rank up. I asked for the command group and Shawn said he could send it, I specified how I wanted it sent (just primered white). They haven't replied, a week and counting.

They said it could all be "fixed" if I send it back. But I refuse, they simply don't have the will or the ability as far as I'm concerned and I would be better off fixing it myself. I have finished 10 so far.

I will post a full written review with pictures, after the christmas holidays.

Money well spent, obviously.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Also, good news everyone! Lockark is starting up a miniature company "catering to fans of anthropomorphic or "furry" characters in miniatures form."

quote:

apologies to Boggy Man and Stevefamine that you are so disgusted by the idea. But like it or not anthropomorphic charaters and races have always been a part of traditional gaming. The original pigfaced orcs of early D&D to the DragonBorn and Kitsune of latter D&D and pathfinder.

I'm sorry that the fact I have no problem also selling to and catering to furies offends you.

He/she is currently taking a market research survey, starting with the thrilling question of "Do you consider yourself part of the furry fandom."

a) Yes
b) No, But I still have a interest in Anthropomorphic figures for the tabletop

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/628035.page

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

ijyt posted:

Does this poo poo count?

To be fair it looks like this is a genuine thing: http://limited-edition-warhammer.blogspot.co.uk/p/limited-edition-glossary.html

About 3/4 of the way down under older limited edition models.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

http://www.bluetablestore.com/premium-experiences-and-services/blue-table-painting-buy-the-company

quote:

Blue Table Painting- Buy the Company

Don't actually buy this from the webstore! Contact bluetablepainting@gmail.com This purchase is for the company and all its assets, material and intellectual. You will have no bank or tax debt from the company. The owner will show you how to run everything over the course of two months. You will also gain interest in the studio building itself as a property. All details to be still negotiated.

Yours for only $440,000!

It even includes business mentoring and tutoring from the same person who thinks that a webstore is the ideal place to advertise the sale of his business!

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Purely co-incidental, but the guy with the hosed up Chaos Dwarf army settled with BTP, which included an NDA cause to take down his critical videos. He couldn't say what the settlement was, but that he was happy.

quote:

I wanted to post an update.

A settlement was reached and I am satisfied.

Part of the settlement included non disclosure as is common in all legal settlements. Therefore I can not comment any further or provide any additional details.

What are the chances that with all of the rumours about cash flow problems, a ~$10k settlement (plus legal fees presumably) is enough to sink the ship?

E: haha, also 2 months ago: https://www.facebook.com/BlueTablePaintingUSA/posts/988875044474939

quote:

Be my room-mate. I'm looking for a business to share my building with, something wargame related that blends with (but does not compete with) what I'm doing. I have 10,000 square feet of workshop and showroom. I'm looking for a company that will/does employ 8+ people. Contact me at bluetablepainting@gmail.com if interested.

they goin' down

Daedleh fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 4, 2015

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Awww reviews are subject to approval :(

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Helen Highwater posted:

That's a very lovely paintjob. The Studio armies were much, much better than that, I'm guessing it's some staffer army photo.

It's the real thing...
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperial-Guard-Catachan-Jungle-Fighters?_requestid=10251566

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

Best thing about the whole debacle is Prodos bragging that it's selling fantastically and outselling Warzone by a huge margin.

Only they had a live stock tracking system on their website.

They sold 5 copies.

They then took down the live stock tracking.