Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

This is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Esser-Z posted:

I've got no problem whatsoever with female marines. I do have a problem with the quality of the painting and modeling!

I like that one goon who's so uncomfortable with nudity that he files off every single nipple from his chaos daemons.

Drill your bolters. File your nipples.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Great Devourer, Eater of the Scrunts

The Scranid

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kaysette posted:

A bigger, blacker Basilisk.

Blackilisk

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
To be fair I didn't see it until you nerds pointed it out

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hahaha, my eyes glazed over as soon as I saw some strange 40k forum that was not SA related. I have been trained well.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
that ebay seller must be the biggest troll

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SRM posted:

Level 6, just short of their "Golden Daemon" standard:

This is pretty much the standard Ghost Hand’s Eldar army got painted to. Except that guy picked out more of the details. And it cost less.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That poor skelington :(

Also if you haven't watched that blue table painting video its worth the hilarity, especially when the guy talks about how much it cost him

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
"Pre Hersy Rhino Conversion"

I almost felt guilty posting the work of a 10 year old.
Except he's older than 25 and has a hot babe avatar JFC.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The wet nurse reminds me of the rape monsters in Dragon Age, but there it was more implicit and less dick tail.

Numlock posted:

Looks about as good as a actual GW Vehicle kit to me, what is the problem?

:iceburn:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hummmmmmmmmmm there's just something about this model I can't quite place

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
hahaha this mini is amazing...

...for all the wrong reasons

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Though I did read somewhere that Gately, Matt, and Dave are all Mormons? So maybe that's the connection :tinfoil:

Holy hell this would explain so much

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
That landraider is really bad. If it was posted on here I would find a gentle way of suggesting improvements, including practice :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wait, somebody is saying that the BTP guy is straight and has a family + kids? Haha, some serious denial going on in somebodies household.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sydney Bottocks posted:

No idea, but I do think MWG severely underestimated just how unpopular Gately/BTP is within the wargaming community right now, and I'm still amazed that they apparently thought they could just insert themselves into this whole toxic situation, and suffer no repercussions or loss of paying customers or whatnot. That's almost at "current GW management"-levels in terms of "stupid business decisions".

If they are all part of the same mormon clan, it also makes sense

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Paint chat? I love paint chat.

I found a hack with white paint- oil washes. Thanks to oils you can shade it just like you would a any other color, meaning you need way less steps between bone and pure white.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Somebody needs to do a 'thin your paints' style montage to the BTP images

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Your's look great, shut your mouth

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, being from Russia I would not be surprised to see a swastika on a tank some boy is playing with or some model an older dude modeleded up. The war is not forgotten over there. On the other hand 40k minis aren't at all connected and here in the west I fully expect anybody painting one to be doing it because they are a closet white power supporter.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

jadebullet posted:

I have to say that I am surprised that I have yet to see some closeted Nazi try and adapt the 21st SS Panzer Division logo for his 40k Nazi division.

"Oh that? That is just an innocent Aquila."

Edit:

Actually, it wasn't a myth, it actually happened once, and only once during the campaign, though it wasn't as much of a "there are some tanks over there, charge them" tactical decision as much as it was more of an accident combined with very poor intelligence/propaganda on the part of the Polish. (They attacked what was thought to be a light infantry brigade and ran into an armored column) Some Polish cavalry did survive somehow. Now I need to read that book about tank warfare in the early war again.

25ss and 26ss are canon space marine markings (sans the crowns)

:iamafag:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

rkajdi posted:

It's not someone getting jumped on, it's drinking from the firehose. When you're starting out, the best advice isn't all this wet pallet or thinned paint stuff, it's more getting a good color scheme that you can pound out for the 100-200 figures in your army, and getting enough technical know-how to allow for it to look good on the tabletop. I envision the noob thread as a way to get people from zero to competently done army in as short a time with the minimal amount of pain possible.

Internet maleification is the idea that there's this rising standard, to the point that you can act like an internet male (i.e. she has a mole, would not date) about figures that would have been fine a few years ago. I remain unconvinced that the actual median of painting has improved much if at all, but the upper end has opened way up, to the point that basic 90s painting is now regarded as too crappy to ever actually use on the table. Net result I've seen is a lot more unpainted armies, and a lot of "Does devlin mud count as a color?" three color tournie armies. To the point that I've been to recent moderately-sized (20-30 person) events where I've done 2nd or 3rd painting with a dipped army. And not because it's great, but because so few people even get to the point of having a fully painted WFB army, much less one that's competently painted (no primer showing)

Thin your paints, drill ur bolters plz

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Shhhhh, its safe. You're not in trouble. Just point on the doll where uncle ferrus touched you.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Got drat

If the greater good results in D sized greater goods... I'll throw down my lasrifle and defect

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I love the dark sword critter line, but I don't think that is what they have in mind.

http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/visions-in-fantasy-critters.html

Magos Dominus?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
He's been painting for like 15 years and all his models still look the same

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

even his dick has abs

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

kiiiiillllll meeeeeeee

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
x wang is a cool game

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just got that tau model, thanks guys. For a friend.

For Hixson.

He likes Anime.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PierreTheMime posted:

I have to admit it's a pretty good goffcart.

:slamdunk:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BuffaloChicken posted:

Looks like my Catachan need a new ride. :clint:

Please build this and proxy it as a baneblade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat