Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

SRM posted:

Now you can own a piece of unspiration!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112055283914

I see the eyes have been converted to make them easier to paint. We're looking at a Golden Demon winner here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I think the point is that it's a terrible and goofy model.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This and the original scrunt are my favorite images in this whole thread.

Anyways, here's a decently painted... humanoid-shaped blob? I've got no idea what it's supposed to be.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

It's stuff like this that saddens me. This is pretty cool Mechanicus conversion, it captures that weird science 40k wibe, but then the composition is ruined by giant green stuff titties.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

glitchkrieg posted:

A friend found this Scrunt Ancient in a relative's collection of old minis.

I love this.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

JcDent posted:

You could make the case that hams gives you more options in assembly (as THE wmh player at FLGS likes to pount out, you don't get bitz with WMH)...

Unfortunately this just isn't true anymore. Most GW releases in the past couple of years have been very monopose. If there's any choice in assembly, it's something relatively minor like a different head or a weapon.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
And Primarch of the Dark Angels, Lion'El Jonson is named after British poet Lionel Johnson, whose most famous poem is called The Dark Angel.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

GoldStandardConure posted:

so this is definitely a thing:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/aurochs/works/25340960-scrunt-shirt

full disclosure: not made by me, but by my partner

Oh my God. This is perfect!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Chill la Chill posted:

so uh my friend showed me this

http://imgur.com/a/t00KU

More experiments with plasticard. The ship was a little damaged so I decided I wanted to try something different. I need to go back and touch it up because I added the plasticard after the initial paint job. Over all I like how it turned out but wish I had dremelled the card a little bit better. In the future when I am messing with 40k stuff I will probably be using Solidworks to design and 3D fins and other things to add to my models. :psyduck:

I first presumed these were the cool kitbashed scum ships that made the rounds some time ago, but these are something else and scum ships are a thing that multiple people have done. These are pretty bad. Should have stuck with the factory paintjob.

quote:

Another ship that I accidentally melted; it was fun to mess with though and I like how it turned out (I call it Bullseye).

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

JcDent posted:

Joined Warhammer Proxies! FB group yesterday.

These used to be Imperial/Bauhaus troops:

The guy posted close ups and lovely scratchbuilt terrain, too.

These are pretty okay, nothing unspirational about these. Also the banners loving rule.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This owns in a stupid fun kind of way.

Holy poo poo, how long has this smiley existed?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Make The Maw Great again.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I gotta say that bridge is definitely awesome.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

The tyranid claw looks pretty sweet, and the other modifications are pretty limited. I'd say give salvaging a shot! The demon head should be easy to remove, but the greenstuffed front plate area might be a bit trickier. It's hard to judge from this angle, but it looks to me that the details have been filed down before greenstuffing. The actual face of a normal Helbrute is a separate piece, so I predict that you wont find that under that greenstuff.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm more confused by the d6 logo in the upper right corner. What game has pentagram and crescent moon as dice results and where can I buy it?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Not sure if these got posted yet but

Wanna pet that dog.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

WhiteOutMouse posted:

When life gives you Lemons a Ghost ark, make Lemonaid a Triarch Stalker:

This is actually pretty creative, I like it!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I need to know who made this miniature Undertaker and where can I buy one.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
:human being: But how does it taste?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I immediately started hearing the thin your paints screaming in my head.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This guy rules and I'm pretty sure I've ran into him while playing King of Dragon Pass or Six Ages.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Mango Polo posted:

I am told that people in this thread are very acquainted with my friend acquaintance tolerated local hobby enthusiast creepy obsessive stalker's work.

Here's an an update from him:

Apparently none of the additional organs can protect a Space Marine against constipation.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Ghazk posted:

Uuuuuuggggghhhh

Better than the new Nagash model, worse than the old Nagash. I'm fine with this.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

I may be thinking too much about this but I'm really confused about the point this diorama is trying to make. Zombies and McDonalds are both usually symbols and/or allegories of consumerism, depicted here as opposing each other? :confused: And I don't understand why the nazis are opposing McDonalds, since historically far right and capitalist interests align more often than not.

It is a cool diorama though.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

So tiny and so angry :3:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

don't doxx me

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to reference D-Va from Overwatch. I'm not sure if this makes it better or worse.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
She has a mech? I honestly don't know anything about Overwatch, but the boobsuit does have the exact same color scheme as D-Va's catsuit.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Well I guess I don't know poo poo about skintones or video games :D

As atonement, here are some old classics

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Hell yeah my dudes!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I was playing Ghost of a Tale and found this old friend

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Winklebottom posted:

that's right!

Hello new avatar!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Not gonna lie, were I in a more financially stable situation I'd order some of those cool zombois and skellingtons.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

And here's the finished product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcNsNkpna2A

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed. This is the kind of unspiration I hate to see the most, where the model falls short of it's potential. The model itself is just bonkers but the paintjob is just adequate. I mean it's fine and all, but feels like it's not elevating how crazy this thing is. If you're going to go all out on building a model, you also need to go all out on the paintjob.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Cat Face Joe posted:

every other thread is talking about this but it truly belongs here

But it's not April 1st?!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Mr. Sunshine posted:

We found the gateway to the forbidden vault, hidden in the vast darkness of BYOB.

https://imgur.com/a/iEutM

I chucled at several of those but then there were too many mean pictures and it made me feel bad so I went looking for some necron conversions and I found some good ones and a lot of stinkers

I have no idea what's going on with this robit

I have no idea what's going on with this dude either, but this time it's because of the paintjob. I mean it's technically competent, but makes your eyes focus on parts where nothing is going on and nothing elevates any of the details

Guys! I'm not into just warhammer, I love other nerdy poo poo too!

I love his stompy legs

Okay this dude legit rules and it was the coolest C'tan conversion I found

This C'tan on the other hand does not rule

Here's another really cool model I found. The conversion is pretty simple, but I admire the paintjob. Or maybe it's just the natural light and it stops looking cool when taken inside. I don't care, I like it

Guys! I'm not into just warhammer, I love other nerdy poo poo too!

What if robot skeletons... but with boobs?

What if ancient shards of immortal star gods... but with boobs?

The rare Necron scrunt

These scorpions loving rule

These are interesting. I'm not sure if I love them or hate them

The gently caress you lookin' at? Keep walking!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Ugleb posted:

Foot on intestines. Didn't see that one coming.

I know it's supposed to look tough and brutal, but all I can see is the marine gently poking the intestines with his foot while going "Ewww! Gross!"

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Probably has been posted before but I ran into these charming fellas

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Moola posted:

who was the creepy weird guy from the 40k thread who did poo poo like this years ago?

I can't remember their username, but I remember who you're talking about. They used a dead raccoon's bones or some other road kill on a mini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I remember listening to some wargaming podcast way back in the day and I remember one of the hosts had an interesting comment about getting into WW2 historicals:
"I'm Korean, so I'd want to play with an Asian army but I don't want to play Japanese because they tortured my grandparents."