Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Browsing some facebook Dropzone groups and stumbled onto this.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Reminds me of a story a friend told me about someone asking for specific details on a notorious SS unit for his Bolt Action force because he found them "personally interesting" or something. Pretty hosed up.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

http://www.ragingheroes.com/products/wereshewolves-box

Not posting image because NWS but there's some boobwolves. :stare:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

disregard my previous post i suck cocks
nice one mate

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

that poor tie fighter

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Got a german IG in my flgs

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Its being painted by a girl for a commission piece iirc

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The individual its being painted for is an annoying oval office and when he tried to play my system he got basically ignored by our regulars. I don't get the obsession with Nazi paraphernalia and the like, he isn't even that type of person ( i think)

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 10, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah good point there. I'll do some digging.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Palm tree with a swastika.

You punch that Nazi yet, flipswitch?

nah not seen em there but haven't been looking either. Been playing kick rear end new board games instead tbh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

DiHK posted:

HEY LOOK AT THIS BAD THING. I'M GOING TO DO IT TO MY ELDAR!

My mate does Chris Foss Scourge for Dropfleet and it looks loving awesome.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Made me think of this thread, colleage bought a board game earlier and these came in it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i think cb has one actual topless model who is a cat/vixen girl hybrid thing. my friend painted a tank top onto hers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I thought those were just terminators or some poo poo in that pic until i zoomed in

Holy moly

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

did someone say warmahordes dickwolf?!?

Hahaha what the gently caress

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Good loving Lord people are sad cunts.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wazzu posted:

I think it's like the wet t-shirt miniatures effect. Tremendous skill but entirely spent on being weird. Mildly NSFW:

Actual official Infinity Paint Job. http://impetuousorders.blogspot.com/2012/04/sexism-in-miniature-worst-of-infinity.html that I found this from "Easily the most blatant and ludicrous example. The male Volunteer is in a knee-length kilt, a heavy jacket that comes down to his thigh, and a plain white shirt. He's posed as if he's stalking forward, rifle at the ready. The female Volunteer is wearing the smallest of miniskirts (that's riding up so high that they sculpted her panties), an open, waist-length jacket, and what appears to be a wet singlet. Let me point out that there is snow on the ground."
You should have posted the Muslim biker girls with soaking wet t shirts

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

grassy gnoll posted:

That's from a pilot for The Amazing Screw-on Head, and it's about as Western as you can get. They never made a full series out of it, and that's a shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
God speed screw on moola

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i didn't ask for this

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy poo poo that seraph. Where the gently caress did you find that

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They killed off Slaanesh?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

so my brushes are making GBS threads out and i think i should just get a new set. is there a good starter set of camel hairs of sables that someone recommends?

Windsor and Newton series 7 miniature. My friend bangs on about artis opus but they are pricey as gently caress

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah my last W&N is a bit fucky and it splits. Thought I might just have a dodgy one. Think I may get some of those artis opus ones.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not minis but I just stumbled upon PPs new game teaser and Holy. poo poo. Its bad;

https://youtu.be/8kqrkYSHQVw

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

heres our ironically poo poo video of something thats actually poo poo

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

PP also disbanded their own support promoter program overnight and massively hosed the dog on their latest edition. What did Wyrd do? The only thing I have seen is TOS being a bit of a stillbirth.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Someone mentioned the issue of a cult of personality. I don't know about. WMH or Wyrd but doesn't Bostria have a massive role in Infinity? If his head has gotten too big for his britches that may well explain the idiocy that's happened.

Infinity has lovely miniatures but as someone who only buys to paint I've always found their rules utterly baffling. The language always felt very obtuse and user-unfriendly. Never been sure how much of that can be blamed on bad translation work.
The translations system is something I have a bit of insight into, but it's one of the main problems the game suffers with. There aren't any actual fluent English speakers at CB and they want tight control over what they actually say when it comes to their articles/releases. So it's a very difficult job for the translators.

They also have a weird iron grip of their self imposed deadlines and rush content out for these dates which explains some of the bafflingly poor language on releases.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Infinity names tend to be bewildering until you look up the meaning behind them at which point they make sense. Like, Bashi Bazouks sounds like total nonsense, maybe the have a bazooka, but it's actually based off an Ottoman term for irregular infantry.

Do you want to have to look up the fluff to make sense of the names though?
I mean, they're named because of the fluff? Why wouldn't it be this way? People just need to get used to the names, same as any other game that doesn't just use a straight title description.

The squatting poo poo in Infinity is actually pretty good because the army that has been squatted (read: 10 or so models), had an update and are still fully legally playable, CB just has stopped producing the sculpts. You can still buy them as most distributors still have to sell through them and it lets you exactly figure out where the army is; sculpts being actively made, or out of production. Not being in some limbo for years trying to figure out what is going on with them.

They are dropping production of an older sectorial now with some models which are less than 2 years old which is a bit loving weird though, but the explanation we got made sense. Each army basically has set sub-armies called Sectorials, once an army has 3 of them, the introduction of the 4th will rotate the least popular of the 4 out. Like Mugaaz said too, if you literally can't get a miniature for that model, use the nearest proxy - that's completely fine with the rules.

Though I do realise I am a bit biased with Infinity, it's my main game for quite a while now and I actively promote it. :v:

Also yeah, PP are loving garbage thesedays, they dropped so fast its pretty amazing.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

Honestly, it sounds like they just want the sectorials to rotate production to lower total amount of SKUs.
This is exactly what has been done. Some people have been jerking themselves off into a frenzy about it because CB has been pretty crap at telling people about it. Nothing has actually been removed from the game army wise with this.

The JSA Uprising is a different kettle of fish.

moths posted:

Do the old molds take up too much space to make them cast on demand or something?

Yeah they pretty much told us they can't support the sheer amount of product the game has. So their solution is to rotate things for now.

Someone post a poo poo paint job that's not mine please!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wish I snapped a pic of it this morning, but those D&D pre-painted minis belong here. There's one that just straight up looks like a golliwog chariacture, it's awful.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those drawings are bad. Holy moly

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I tried reading that twice and it still ain't happening

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the skullkini one big skull spaced out or several smaller skulls

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The jaw at the bottom, the eyes on the boobs I'm thinking.

Not connected

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

i haven't seen that model for a little while ho boy

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ghazk posted:

Uuuuuuggggghhhh

i'd play thatarmy

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Anyone posted the lady doing the splits and showing off her vag from raging heroes yet

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I hate that model so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is it the people in the tracks?

Also does every tank gun in Warhams have its own loader? How do those things work