Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If you removed the elf lady it would just be some guardsmen hanging out, one of them about to take a whizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Moola posted:

Rar I'm a hungry hungry Dreadnought! So fierce!

- Actual words spoken by photographer as he set up this picture

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Cataphract posted:

I once played against this army at a tournament... he based them with rice... which absorbed the PVA glue and went rancid... his army loving stank

Nothing about this image makes sense to me

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

There's no way that's painted

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Turn extra bits into a free Carnifex using one weird trick found by a gamer! Game stores hate him!

This is the tyranid scrunt equivalent

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Grim posted:

He has a twin

Oh my god

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

Did...did he sculpt a vagina onto that model?

AND WHY IS NO ONE IN THAT THREAD COMMENTING ON IT!?

Amazing, nobody comments at all.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The non-cheesey kingdom death minis have some of the best dynamic poses I'be ever seen on a miniature, their sculptors are amazing it's so annoying how gross they are.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Scrunt prime

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I am pretty tired of the whole fascist Imperium aesthetic at this point.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I like the idea of the one on the left, shame about the execution.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

It would be great to model an entire nid force bursting out of the ground, with some of the infantry burrowing into it so you get an impression of a force that burrows in and out like dolphins at the surface of the ocean.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

If it makes you feel any better I'm gonna go read that thread based on this recommendation

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

its not often you see a legitimately frightening miniature

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oh hey, look what I found: a flying scrunt!

I love this

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Kaysette posted:

I'm the frog who has seen some poo poo, man...

I think I was the frog when this was posted in the gbs thread

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I'm happy with being this frogmouse thing <<<

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

INQUISITOR

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I feel like he should thin his paints.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I want to make alien terrain with googly eyes now

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

JcDent posted:

The OhGodWhy

:chanpop:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the pose makes it look like its retching

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

that is loving hilarious

e: Can't edit a quote in on my phone someone pls quote daedleh

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

but theres no point buying that business instead of just starting your own that's what's so funny

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

PyroDwarf posted:

IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK!!!

It's okay, they are lightning bolts, not S's. There is so much refusal to accept that people might see it as a nazi symbol that it has to be willful ignorance.

Ironically a traditional yellow lightning bolt would contrast well and make it look a little more interesting because it's quite boring atm

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I meant that they should just do one larger colourful lightning bolt

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

This counts, probably.

SHIELD is out of control

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

good scrunts

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

I would realistically pay $30 for the original scrunt.

i would definitely outbid you

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I loving love those russian dwarfs wow

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

the difference between making soviet inspired and nazi inspired armies is that its possible to imagine a communist society that isnt a terrifying dystopia where ethnic minorities are slaughtered en masse whereas thats a fundamental part of nazi ideology

E: is that the new official tau paintscheme? What happened to tan??

Phoon fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Can't get over how redundant the little head is

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

thats the next iteration of hardchest

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

And also Neil Gaiman, Warren Ellis, and some other people who can write (but not draw).

Superhero comics made by DC (especially) and Marvel and their wholly-owned subsidiaries are and always have been drek as far as writing goes, though, that's true. Although guys like Ellis did stints with one title or another at various times.

My approach to comics is to identify a writer I like, and then seek collections of a title that they wrote that also have good artwork.

this hasn't been true for years, some of the best work in comics is happening in superhero books right now, primarily because marvel have been making an effort to expand their traditional customer base by mixing things up

it turns out if you offer a book to most celebrated people in the indie scene they will jump at the chance to write/draw the characters they grew up reading for more money

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Moola posted:

im the tiny gorgon

hold me closer tiny gorgon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

owns