Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't have a pic of the model, but I am fairly middling painter, leaving closer to below average.
Some dude just bought one of my Lizardmen characters that I forgot over a friend's house.
All my eBay listings will now say "ProPainted". That's how it works, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This rules. It's so ridiculous, I want to see the rest of his Army.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nebalebadingdong posted:

more:

(i really like this one)

I am retarded when it comes to this kind of thing, but can you look the album that these make up? I need to share them with my warhams friends.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uhhh, that would actually inflict 54450 unsaved wounds on space marines, so that squad of ten imperial fists would be wiped out in the blink of an eye

:goonsay:

Pretty sure the Krauts would be at BS like, -37. They could roll 19 sixes in a row, and the Marines would still be unfazed.

While it was terrible, spergy, and just weird, that fanfic was no worse than some of the actual novels GW has put out.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I can't hate that dude.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guard vehicles looks like they found trading cards of old armor, but don't know how they work, so they just shove tech into similar shaped boxes as the trading cards.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Those elaborate warhams might have been put together by an employee. I've had a couple friends work for them in different areas. The one dude worked retail, who said they got a decent discount and also had a store bits bin they could take poo poo from- including opened returns. Another worked at a much bigger store just building and painting models. He ended up working at some corporate office too, doing the same, and he said at both they could just go grab what they wanted, with differing systems (at the large store, they could grab sets from stock; at the more corporate place they had a giant room full of bins with individual sprues of various sets. He was able to take whatever he wanted, with very little oversight. He had a bunch of models built with a stupid amount of bits.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is my favorite thing on the internet today,and loving modern art masterpiece.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I will not reread a post in my own thread.

Mostly lurk this thread, but I just wanted to tell you that this response is my favorite thing on the internet today.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

L-R, in my head
"Typical quality at a game store. Shepard looks wonky, but no worse that heroclix mini. Ah, Kay- dear god what the gently caress happened to you?!"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't play 40k anymore, and always hated the Space Marines, but I want to replicate this.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone give me links to the current awesome model thread? And maybe other assorted threads related to this poo poo that I should be following?
I play pretty much any table top, and also love modelling.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This is my favorite model I've seen in this thread. I actually love the way it's painted- the super highlighted typical 40k mini never looks right to me, unless it's done by a better than average painter. Even then, not my favorite. It honestly took me a minute to process that it was Buzz Lightyear.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I told my wife about the nerds losing their poo poo over Kid's First Book of Grimdark.

"That's the game with the rape priest aliens and power armor that you Josh play?"
"How is that kid friendly?"
"Dunno"
"And they are mad at build they haven't read?! loving nerds."

I actually want to get them and read them. We wouldn't need to indoctrinate kids to our hobby if less of the players weren't toxic pieces of poo poo.
And who the gently caress gets mad at trying to get kids to read, and play a cool loving game? I was amped when last summer, right before going back to school, my son randomly wanted to build models and try a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I now want to buy a box of Orks, and paint handfuls in different ways. It started with just Orks. Then Orks cosplaying as IG. Then cosplaying as SM. Now, I want to do some in fabulous drag show regalia.