Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Moola posted:

First thing I thought of when I saw it was 'far right MAGA tribute'

The baby balloon was much better

Seriously. Especially the 'power armour and fire sword' version f the Emperor doesn't exactly look like a satire of fascism, it just looks cool.

The giant baby blimp made the right point, this really doesn't, to the point where I saw it and couldn't understand hy anyone who DIDN'T support Trump would do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm fine with that as well. If the girls are in boob armor so it's "obvious" what their gender is, then guys should be topless and in bulging banana hammocks.

Both are male power fantasies.

But then, the whole of 40k is male power fantasies, so nothing changes.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

goatface posted:

That torso looks more like a ship's figurehead than part of the creature underneath.

It's the complete lack of (human) arms.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Ugleb posted:

If you weren't sure this is meant to be Cthulu and could be yours for $49 on kickstarter.

WTF is up with the praying hands on top of its wings?

Edit: getting imgur uploads working right on my phone is annoying as hell.

I keep seeing this on Facebook it looks like shite.

Just buy the Bones one for half the price it's better http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cthulhu/latest/77194

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chiwie posted:

Why is the smoke stack at the back. That makes no sense.

Because the guns are on the front. Duh.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Sunshine posted:

So, is it a ridiculously thicc tau wearing the shattered remains of her battlesuit, or is it a regular tau in a battlesuit with a novel and inappropriate armor scheme?

It's both.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

That's because they are really flat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

Unsurprising that a neckbeard that into 40k/hello kitty wouldn't be familiar with washing.

:vince:

I do wonder whether it's intentional though, it's not like cartoons are known for their depth of shading.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, making a stilt-suit entails either stupid stubby arms that end at the elbows, or not being able to use your hands, and if you don't make a stilt-suit you end up with a stupidly oversized head, so

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Is this diorama by the same guy who did the guard/eldar one? You know the one I mean, probably, sadly.

The style looks really similar.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Brock Samsonite posted:

"Good" eye. That is indeed Ivan Melnikov https://www.puttyandpaint.com/Nakatan being a creepy sex-weirdo as usual

Edit: Good lord that piece is called "The Hope Is Living As Long As We Are" and by that I take it to mean as long as that lady is barechested

It pisses me off so much to see people that skilled doing stuff that terrible. I'd dearly love to be even a tenth as talented, but if that were what it cost... no ta.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Brock Samsonite posted:

I love his wispy eyes. Also gently caress Bonsium's rules or w/e I paint that poo poo like any other model. Wash and airbrush prime.

Airbrush priming Bones is fine, but they will react VERY oddly to the propellants in many rattlecan paints and varnishes. I have some I rattlecanned 4 or 5 years ago that are still sticky.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

goatface posted:

What have they done to that poor photograph?

Taken a digital photo of a digital screen. When a grid's misaligned with another behind.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

I stumbled across a ham who has access to a 3d printer and an unhealthy interest in Garfield.

I thought they were just empty dome heads like that one mechanicum robit.

That would actually look kinds cool on a Space Marine body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Someone posted this in the local discord but they didn't make it

I'm not worried about the plane

Given that the plane is a loving Stuka I'm pretty worried about the plane too.