Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
ebay is a great source of cheap models. I haven't stripped these because they are so drat amazing.

I had a huge metal Inquisitor painted bright purple, then with a thick layer of shiny gloss over it, but I already stripped it :(

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So... a giant squig with a house built around it, I guess?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Now I want to see an entire Guard army painted in vibrant Armyman green, with wash and highlights.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that's what it is.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Which lucky goon got scrunted?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Was he discruntled?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

That one is nice but I would expect the dress to have no back.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ugleb posted:

Well I have enjoyed reading this thread and witnessing some of the terrible, so bad it's good and the just plain wrong contained within. Here is a selection of my output from the 1990's that I just dug out of storage at my parents house.

Turns out 90's me was a (mostly) neater painter than I feared but drat did I have a thing for bright colours! :wth:

They look pretty cool, actually.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Some wash and highlight and you've got some solid Slaaneshi duders.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The A7V is pretty amazing. Does it have a transparent stand because it's a hovering metal crate?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
A wizened old artisan hobbles into the witnesses stand, loupe gleaming and whiskers trembling. A tear falls onto his neatly pressed hobby apron, and his fingers, long and fine like a piano player's, grip the railing for support.

"It was bad, Your Honour. The models were really lovely for the price."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Why does she look like she's in pain :ohdear:

She's slamming a huge sword into the tomato while hugging it, look, it's pressed up against her boob. She's actively cutting one of her boobs off. That's why she's in pain.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Are those enormous flathead screw nipples?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Please nobody bid on it. I will bid on it and buy it and paint it up to a good standard.

It seems just about perfectly painted already.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Plus it's "just" soldiers about to start shooting at each other while discovering that two ladies are bathing in their line of fire. Rather than the soldiers raping the ladies, or anything else we've seen in miniatures.

Not great, but definitely not the worst.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's a pretty skinny dwarf.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Obviously the solution is to sculpt a little bra made of skulls for her.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Bulette, also known as the Landshark. A bulette attacks anything it regards as edible, choosing the easiest or closest prey first. The only creatures it refuses to eat are elves (and it dislikes the taste of dwarves). When burrowing underground, a landshark relies on its tremorsense ability to detect prey.

When it senses something edible (that is, senses movement), it breaks to the surface, crest first, and begins its attack.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
If that was red instead of blue it would be the perfect coach for a Mechanicus Magos to pull up to a party in.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
All I can dump on the table is my panniculus :smith:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
:skeltal:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

LordAba posted:

I bet that it shoots flaming skulls filled with skulls. When it explodes the skulls inside the skull shoot out, biting people.

That's the Skullhurler, mounted on the Lord of Skulls. It's a real thing.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

and more http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9594

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
- $80

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wow uh we sure did Cronenberg that planet, huh Mortarion?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
You both need to use a wash.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
No.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

I think that model would be significantly better if it was some weedy-rear end Adeptus Mechanicus dude instead of a spess mehreen driving it.

Alternatively, have it be a giant cannon being carried around on a palanquin by battle servitors and piloted by a Master of the Forge who just walks behind it, pushing it along like the world's most lethal shopping trolley.

Those are much better ideas.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
lmao

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
:siren:DO NOT gently caress GOBLINS:siren:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Some miniatures need it more than others.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
So if sigmarines are allegedly flesh and blood people from the old world why aren't there any ladeeez

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hmm, yes, all that thunder and shouting.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah, in that style they actually make passable space marines.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
shut your gore(tide) mouth that's a great little barbie

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'd buy that.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
These 6mm look really cute :3

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Chaos Dwarf bits are hard to find. So why not convert using common household objects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
FFS it can't even see directly in front of its camera, let along anything at a negative elevation. Unless these walk around always pointed 45 degrees down staring at the ground, they can't even waddle around without tripping over something.