Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

To be fair I didn't see it until you nerds pointed it out

I mean that's kind of unfair because the modeler of the weird vagina also said 'I modeled a vagina that came out weird' so it's not just goons being ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Why would a blood angels land raider have bloody strippers in it's side sponsons?

edit: i watched the video so apparently it's not blood angels but a weirdly converted non-chaos land raider but still why would there be strippers

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
he didn't actually pay 28,000 dollars, that's just what it would cost if he chose to have his entire army (9k points of CD) painted up to 'level 7' by BTP

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I honestly have no idea, but it's probably still way too much.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
keep in mind it's like 5-6 dollars for an infernal guard and they are not difficult models to paint at all.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's actually just americancriminal.txt because that's ridiculously insane

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

The... this whole thing. Her bowlegged stance, the "weak" pose, the goddamned thong. Nope, no misogynistic man-children in my hobby. At least the purple isn't too bad, maybe?

Are you kidding? I wish I could paint faces like this.

This is what pisses me off. I try my damnedest and still end up with googly eyes half the time and this guy is probably cranking out Thong Marines. It's like watching a guy with the lottery and spend it all on Chuck E Cheese tokens.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

They don't mention the part where you make your highlighting look better by using a shitload of front light :(

obvious high point is 'i fixed where the glue spread a bit to the panties'

how do you write that about a loving miniature and not shoot yourself

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ah yes let's have our ammo runner shackled to a presumably heavy something

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
no but seriously how the gently caress do you buy something like that with a straight face? like what the gently caress do you do with it?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
how do you pitch that idea to a group of adult men? like, before we go to our dumb game holiday, take your shirt off and yell a bunch?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I've looked at that model a lot and I have honestly never thought 'nazi flag' before.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

If someone is so traumatised by an event that happened seventy years ago to other people that they cannot play a game based upon an abstracted recreation of history involving bad people then perhaps they should either grow the gently caress up or consider just playing something based in pure fiction.

The Nazis were undeniably evil. The Soviets were equally evil. The British Empire wasn't very pleasant, and the US isn't a stranger to genocide either. Do people feel uncomfortable playing those factions as well within the confines of an abstract game, or is it just the Germans?

"I'm not comfortable playing the Germans" reeks of hypocritical hand-wringing bullshit.

I'd be hesitant to call 'WWII' an 'event', first of all. Second of all, most people still have a personal connection with someone involved. My great-grandmother died in a concentration camp, and my grandmother only just survived one. My grandfather flew transports, and his brother fought in the Pacific.

Secondly, most people don't really care about being 'the Germans', they care about being 'Germans during WWII', the same way I think people would probably have qualms about being 'the American soldiers killing lots of Indians' while they're fine with being just 'Americans'.

I don't think people are having strokes or conniptions over being Germans in historical games, but the fact of the matter is they don't have to, and people are adults and can make their own choices, based upon whatever reasoning they'd like, and 'I don't want to be a Nazi in this game' isn't really a very juvenile stance to have.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Is it a big thing in historicals to have shared collections, or something?

For example, in wh40k, I don't want to play Eldar, so I don't collect them, and as a result...I never have to play Eldar? I really doubt there are any people who outright refuse to play a game if it means they have to be the Nazis so much as 'I have the option to not be the Nazis and as a result I will take that option'.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if this thread is any indication it's that people have a lot of weird issues about stuff other people may or may not do

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
painting toys possibly not a viable career path?

Things like BTP get by because there are ostensibly a lot of people working on projects like these. Assuming their painters are making 10/hr, do you really think it took someone anywhere near 72 billable working hours to poo poo out these loving disgraces?

Most people I know who paint do it in their spare time to offset cost of their own painting.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
While his title is (strangely) Chief Librarian Astropath Illiyan Nastase, he's not mentioned to actually be a Space Marine, and in the background he seems like he's just on an extended secondment to the Ultramarines.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
agreed, op

but why is it hard anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Were servitors not separate models back then? Because that's definitely not how servitors work now.