Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

From the depths of ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

So I mentioned these guys a while ago - Huey Pencil sharpeners.

I just finished my rescue project on them.

Those flight stands are brilliant.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

They're getting closer. New Deathwatch marines are noticeably taller/bulkier.

"Normal" dudes only come up to about their shoulders (we used a chaos cultist).

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I took a basic art class as an elective in college. Simple poo poo like rudimentary color theory and design with black and white stuff, all on 2D.

That was before I starting painting minis. It's amazing how much I retained from it and use when I paint minis. All because I had to fill a bullshit arts and humanities slot to graduate.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Those are in the wrong thread. They're fantastic.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Reminds me of the Ork kitbashes where people just keep gluing guns on.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

ineptmule posted:

I’m sure that GW ruin diorama would have been just fine if that one redshirt skellie wasn’t chained to the table. A meta joke about a GW store on the battlefield is one thing but implying the company enslaves its workers is unsurprisingly going to be unacceptable.

Almost every place of work has employees that joke about their bosses being slave drivers. It's not unique to GW.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sometimes being in Facebook hobby groups pays off.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just posting a link to the auction because it's :nws:

But this belongs here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40k-Officio-Assassinorum-Callidus-Assassin-oop-metal/332446947394?hash=item4d6761d842:g:uJ8AAOSwY~1aCF3e

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Holy poo poo, don't throw those out.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Are they actually worth something?

Not a ton, but certain crazy people (like me) love them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

As long as shipping isn't crazy expensive I'd take them. Hell, I'd be happy if they were crammed into a padded envelope.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Repainted one of my D&D guys I painted a year ago. Yeah...that whole "just pretend he has a face" thing doesn't really work in retrospect.

Who makes that mini? It's amazing. Wielding a tankard and sword at the same time is like 75% of my D&D characters.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

If you don't mind whoring out your services and can paint quickly those guys can be a decent income source. No, they won't pay huge commission prices, but they'll usually accept barely low tabletop quality. Think Heroclix paintjobs.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

A couple of 5 cent magnets will do the same thing better and cheaper.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Adork Gitler.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greater-Pl...M0AAOSwKytZMudk

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kaza42 posted:

I mean, yeah kinda. Having children present does change the tone of what you are doing, and it is good that there exist no-children-allowed activities or areas. But A) declaring an entire hobby off limits to children is dumb and B) "ya ever gently caress lasanga"? Seriously? That's your idea of fun that you can't have without children present? gently caress off

I only have a handful of anecdotes dealing with children.

One is a guy's 12 year old he brings along on game day. The kid is wild. Doesn't actually play games and just runs around screaming. More than a few models have fallen off the table and broken.

Another is a friend's 9 year old. The kid paints and plays, and is fairly well behaved. He's prone to forgetting rules and bouts of immaturity, but, ya know, he's 9. I don't dread gaming when he shows up.

Basically what I'm saying some kids are fine to game with and some aren't. But IMO it's more on the parenting.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

DicktheCat posted:

I said this in the other thread, where I first saw it, but I'm planning on buying some of these little books precisely because they piss off redditors so much. I'm going to give GW money for the first time in my life because they're pissing off the right people. For books I'll probably never read.

If they really are kid friendly and not absolute garbage donate them to a family with kids or a library.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is it weird that I can respect the skill involved and the "dissolving" effect, but utterly hate the model?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Apparently rat-tits are a thing for some people.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

wait

they only just released AoS are they doing a new edition already

To be fair, edition 1 of AoS was kind of a fustercluck, and the general's handbooks made it playable.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to convert with just a normal Kroot torso.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

gently caress you, now I kinda want to give GW money

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Found out what happens when a Monster Hunter player starts playing 40k.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Being in a Facebook conversion group can expose you to odd poo poo.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm in the same boat. I see painting as a means to an end. Can't say I enjoy the time doing it though.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Such incredible skill used on such a pervy miniature.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Maybe, if you file off the nipples...

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Even if it got put on a Baneblade chassis instead it would be better. Just a bigger "stage" so everything could be spaced out more.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Broccoli is delicious. Even as a kid I never understood the hate for it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Over $18,000 raised so far.

Humans were a mistake.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

All I can see from the two on the right is a naked, spear-wielding Mark Twain.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Yet another addition to the "green stuff some boobs on a miniature" collection

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Woops

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My only real dislike of the new Repentia is the shoes. They look like modern cross trainers.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

hard counter posted:

they need waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more scriptures and purity seals on them imho

Yeah, I was hoping they'd basically be dressed in a ragged version of a nun's habit with purity seals everywhere. But I can certainly make do with these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012