Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

*found footage from space marine forklift training*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOHnSL7ZCg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

We should defo do a kitbash thread, those are fun models.

I was unironically planning on kitbashing some dollar store models and some random kids figures together for D&D/Pathfinder, so a thread or challenge like that would be rad!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
GW should do a founding of trans women space marines, A. it would be awesome, B. it completely sidesteps their nonsense lore hand-wringing about male physiology and C. it would drive these chuds up the wall and out into the hills. Then once those chud grogs have cleared out they should do a founding of a mixed gender* space marine chapter and make up some lore contrivance for why it's Okay and Plausible, Actually. Its a game of make-believe future space hell with fun little plastic figs to paint and pretty up, I really don't understand why this is controversial to these losers

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

carrionman posted:

Didn't a longbow require something like a 100kg pull? I remember reading that they can tell when the skeleton is from an english archer because of how it hosed up their bones.

I could see this guy not believing that it could be done.

English longbows specifically, yes.

Not all longbows or bows in general are made to that insane draw weight

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jesus, tag that :nsfl:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This loving owns, I think this belongs in the kitbash thread and not Unspiration tbh

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AndyElusive posted:

Just pretend you don't know what the clear gooey stuff on it is.

Hot glue? :dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bucnasti posted:

Good news! it smells worse.

If you can smell it, you're not doing your ventilation right. Fumes from 3D printing , especially resin printing, are really not good for one's health. If one doesn't have an active ventilation system directly to the outdoors for their 3D printing area, they're doing it wrong. Even filament printing should have sealed printing areas and exhaust to the outdoors. Check the SDS sheets for these products, some of them even recommend using respirators with a specific gas and particulate cartridge, safety glasses, chemical proof gloves, and an impermeable floor surface(ie. A foldout chemical proof drip tray) when the printer is running and when handling the resin and prints that haven't been thoroughly cured.

You don't have to be like, totally paranoid about it, it's not asbestos or whatever. But hardly anyone I see on YouTube using these printers is following even the basic PPE and ventilation requirements the manufacturers recommend.