Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Gotta give them this, whoever the sculptor is they have some serious talent for Chaos stuff and I'd honestly consider picking up some of their not-Thousand Sons stuff (or that tiny not-Anub'arak :3: ) but all their lady miniatures are just... Ugh.
What is it with nerds and assuming that corruption = Tits n' Battlethongs when it comes to lady characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

PierreTheMime posted:

This just popped up on my Facebook feed:

:pwn:

That's incredible. I'm literally painting my Culexus as I type and it's taking all my strength to not bust open the flesh-tones after seeing that.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
jfc, trust nerds to take already skeevy, pandering poo poo and take it above and beyond. Every, goddamn time.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Pierzak posted:

Here you go, it certainly belongs in this thread:

That'd look a million times better if the painter had given her pupil-less eyes like the studio figure, or not given her that... Lipstick? I want to say it's lipstick.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Not gonna lie, when I saw it pop up on my Facebook feed I felt a jolt of childhood trauma race up my spine.

loving Yanks don't know how lucky they were to be spared from Mr Blobby.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Not just ponies, Ponies from a cross-over fan-fic written by a neo-con nutjob.

A perfect storm of what.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Frobbe posted:

The blood Angels invade planet Jizzum

Funnily enough, I was just looking through the pictures of the local store's painting competition and...

Looks like he found the Kleenex just in time.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Y'know, I would have bought this. This was exactly just I had in my head for my 30k Mechanicum's Archmagos. I woulda replaced the silly scythe, but I love the Doc Ock arms and the living saint vibes from the pose and the 'halo'.

But y'gotta have those neckbeard monies so silly pointless battle bikini we go.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I suppose, don't trust my own greenstuffing skills but it can be done.

It's mostly just that there's so much going for that model, and then it's like the modeller threw in the tits right at the end just because.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
All of them look like they're skipping around the battlefield all la-de-da. GW Sisters may have similarly egregious boobplate, but at least they look like they're actually in the thick of the fight.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's a character variant, there's a generic one with just a regular Ghar up top and no embarrassing nerd pandering.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 13, 2016

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Len posted:

You're talking about the bj tau right?

Do people field those models or are they just for diorama purposes? Because I don't think I could bring myself to actually play against someone using figs like that, at least not without mocking them and calling them creepy.

Believe me when I say yes, a disappointing amount of people try to play in public using models like that. One of the most common stories amongst GW staffers around this way is variations on "Dude tried to bring creepy/inappropriate models to a game and got angry/upset when asked to put them away/leave".

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Yup.

I just can't build up the scorn for this guy. His obvious deficiencies in talent are offset by his sheer enthusiasm for his crazy DIY army, it's strangely endearing. I'd rather 10 of that guy than say a Doc Thunder or any of the creepy weirdos featured in this thread.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

JcDent posted:

Also, what's Doc Thunder?

Actual answer: Poster back on Bolter & Chainsword who converted up a large army of Titty Marines/commissioned a -lot- of art of said Titty Marines. I can't seem to find any of the threads he started back on that board, I do remember he'd get hyper-defensive against any criticism and the mods had to keep locking his threads.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Did they... Did they sculpt over a rebreather head? The little nozzles are poking out of her jawline.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm almost convinced that somebody else must have done them considering how flat and lazy the rest of it is.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Gradient on the nanobots looks pretty, but it also makes them look like a goddamn dragon dildo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's like saying they scrambled Astartes and Space Marines together mate. Same thing ain't it?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Backpack Skele is still there though, he's just migrated to his summer home on Cypher's chestplate.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I was gonna compliment the Medic Uther, but jfc that other medic.

That's some Doc Thunder levels of POWER TITS.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dude definitely hasn't compensated for the armour wrt anatomy. That poor creature hurts to be.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Well, time to sculpt up a couple of Necromunda gangers with skateboards, hard counter to pudgy 2x2 wielding fash.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Go get them, Grassman!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

JcDent posted:

He's Turkish... well, born in that place that is now Turkey, but back when turkian tribes didn't exist yet. So he might be black, might be... brownish?

Making Sigmar black would help him look less generic...

He's definitely not white, despite what the cover of Master of Mankind thinks.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Chapter Master of the Celestial Lions from Helsreach (I think) is a black dude, most of the other Lions described seem to be to.

Generally it stems from GW being ran by old white nerds and being a little deaf. While they're not doing poo poo like pygmies any more, they seem to have a serious lack of any sort of representation.

Though they are aware of it, and I know AoS seems to have a few more named non-white characters.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm the snow delicious frosting slathered on just to make it even more unscannable to the eyes.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
90's Neon is the most Slaaneshi of colour palates.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ugleb posted:

Bigly terminator/centurion thing?

New Custodes big dread. Apparently the Leviathan arms fit neatly.

Whatever it is, it's giving me the unspiration something fierce.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Infinity has cool lore and models, and looks like a cool game but the creepy poo poo surrounding it and the weird attitude the few players who play it around here have will forever put me off investing in it.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ugleb posted:

Oh dear God how much does that thing weigh? Also I can't get help but think these things are loss leaders meant to generate hype in the IP as I struggle to believe those kits sell enough to be economically viable.

It's a scratch build.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Surely there's some kinda term for the pathological need for Bronies to jam their little obsession into everything.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Wasn't there an actual storyline where Hulk got shot into space, took over an alien empire and then invaded earth?

Just sayin' it's not out of canon for Hulk to lead hordes of aliens.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I like 3rd party companies because they have a lot of original and inventive ideas.

Amazingly, it's even busier than GW's sculpt.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It pays to be instantly suspicious if a company will only show greenstuff/3d render pictures of the model. If they're not confident enough to show the finished product then they ain't worth your time tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Considering the standards of the tabletop industry, we're lucky they're as comparatively toned down as they are.